Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 18:32   #736
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 810 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Bought Jopasu car duster last week after coming across many positive reviews about it. Picked it up from Reliance Autozone, Basavanagudi for Rs. 450/-. I must say, this is a wonderful product to have! The duster just absorbs whatever dust is there on the surface, almost as good as a flat headed vacuum cleaner! Did not observe any scratches or swirls! Kudos to the manufacturers! I have reccomended it to many of my friends
Will have to wait and see how long it retains the dust absorbing capacity.
That seems to be a good deal. EBay's list price is 575 INR.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 20:15   #737
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 738
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
That seems to be a good deal. EBay's list price is 575 INR.
The MRP on the pack is Rs.475. Reliance autozone billed it as 450/- Yesterday, one of my friend got it for Rs. 375 from a neighborhood car wash shop
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 20:21   #738
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 810 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The MRP on the pack is Rs.475. Reliance autozone billed it as 450/- Yesterday, one of my friend got it for Rs. 375 from a neighborhood car wash shop
The new price seems to be for the new 'improved' version. Let's see, I have ordered one through EBay. Will update once I get hold of it.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 20:27   #739
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 738
Thanked: 547 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The new price seems to be for the new 'improved' version. Let's see, I have ordered one through EBay. Will update once I get hold of it.
Don't know. but the pack says 'now improved' and the color is white, not the older grey! Moreover, this was a fresh stock which had arrived in the store a couple of days before I bought.
Improved or not improved, this does the job pretty well
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 22:24   #740
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 58
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

I also bought the new improved one Jopasu Duster from Reliance along with Magic Glove and Magic Wipe. The three set me back by Rs 640 (Rs 450 for duster and Rs 190 for Magic Glove and Wipe).
jods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 14:12   #741
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,367
Thanked: 6,223 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Invested in a Jopasu Gift Set via ebay.

Did not see the mail asking me for preferred courier, so got a phone call that next day, after ordering in the night.

It is here already, the next day! Excellent service, and the items look good.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 11:30   #742
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune / Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

I recently purchased one from Phadke in Pune. Charged me Rs. 450 for the duster (original MRP is 575). Also bought the Formula 1 polish, MRP Rs. 320. Clubbed price for both Rs. 750.

The duster is a blessing. My new Jazz shines in hardly 4 - 5 mins. Also have been using it on the good old M800. The dirtier it becomes, the better the duster cleans.
freak1201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 12:43   #743
t18
BHPian
 
t18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Of late my jopasu duster has stopped picking dirt, so I soaked it in a bucket of water and left it to dry for two days. But since then it has totally stopped working neither does it pick or push the dirt off my car. What can be done to bring it to its former glory?
t18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 13:40   #744
BHPian
 
Macfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 56
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Just purchased two of these from a retail outlet here. Works absolutely wonderfully, like everyone has mentioned already. It's the "new improved" with white fibers.

However it seems like the best bet to save 100-200 rupees is to buy online.
Macfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 14:24   #745
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: India
Posts: 589
Thanked: 647 Times
Cool Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
I also bought the new improved one Jopasu Duster from Reliance along with Magic Glove and Magic Wipe. The three set me back by Rs 640 (Rs 450 for duster and Rs 190 for Magic Glove and Wipe).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Invested in a Jopasu Gift Set via ebay.

Did not see the mail asking me for preferred courier, so got a phone call that next day, after ordering in the night.

It is here already, the next day! Excellent service, and the items look good.
Apologies for a confusion.

Jods got it in 640 and eBay shows the same items in 1315. Why there is so much of difference? We normally see the deals cheaper at the internet but it seems its costlier (double the rate).


Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 27th March 2012 at 14:27.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 14:47   #746
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,221
Thanked: 404 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Apologies for a confusion.

Jods got it in 640 and eBay shows the same items in 1315. Why there is so much of difference? We normally see the deals cheaper at the internet but it seems its costlier (double the rate).


Cheers!
Irish
I got it last week for 799 on ebay (from the official Jopasu shop). It was the small gift pack that has the duster and a single microfibre cloth. Delivered at home in 2 days.

1315 is the bigger pack with glove and small duster for interiors as well (so total 4 items)
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 14:56   #747
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

I have been using this duster since 2 years now and it did a wonderful job for one year after that it's dust collecting ability falls drastically as the wax coating gets eroded from the fibers. But I still use it for general dusting everyday (its better than cloth or microfiber) and wash once every 2 months or so. A total VFM product.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 17:15   #748
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 58
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Apologies for a confusion.

Jods got it in 640 and eBay shows the same items in 1315. Why there is so much of difference? We normally see the deals cheaper at the internet but it seems its costlier (double the rate).

Cheers!
Irish
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I got it last week for 799 on ebay (from the official Jopasu shop). It was the small gift pack that has the duster and a single microfibre cloth. Delivered at home in 2 days.

1315 is the bigger pack with glove and small duster for interiors as well (so total 4 items)
I got the Jopasu Duster + Glove + Microfiber towel for Rs 640.

Other fellow BHPians and myself have been lucky as it appears that Reliance has not updated its prices for the duster in its order management system. You could also try if you have a Reliance outlet in your neighborhood.

However, be warned that Jopasu duster doesn't work in Gurgaon. In 1 week it has collected so much dirt that I think I would need to wash or buy a new one.
jods is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 17:26   #749
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,221
Thanked: 404 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
I got the Jopasu Duster + Glove + Microfiber towel for Rs 640.

Other fellow BHPians and myself have been lucky as it appears that Reliance has not updated its prices for the duster in its order management system. You could also try if you have a Reliance outlet in your neighborhood.

However, be warned that Jopasu duster doesn't work in Gurgaon. In 1 week it has collected so much dirt that I think I would need to wash or buy a new one.
This is a very good deal. The three bought separately cost about 1000.

I know one Reliance store here but going there and coming back will cost me about 200 in burnt fuel (petrol in my case!) plus uncertainity of availability/prices etc. 800 on ebay was still ok.

Its strange what you write about duster and Gurgaon. There is lot of dust here as well (esp in the area where I live). Jopasu says it is washable (though I dont know if there is a number of washes limit.) So far I have not used it (planned to use on my new car that I have booked) but it looks like I might use it one the old one itself. By the way my wife thought I had gone crazy ordering a duster for 800 that too for a car!!! Our car wash guy charges us "only" 250 a month for the job!
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 17:36   #750
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,323
Thanked: 747 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Of late my jopasu duster has stopped picking dirt, so I soaked it in a bucket of water and left it to dry for two days. But since then it has totally stopped working neither does it pick or push the dirt off my car. What can be done to bring it to its former glory?
Sorry but you can't do much now. But if it makes you feel any better, this is not just with you. In really dusty conditions such duster would only last for a certain time.

For people who've got the money should simply get a new duster. For those who don't want to spend 400-500 on such a duster every 3-6 months can simply wash it and use it again.

One thing that I can share is that if the duster has lost its dust picking ability and one has to now swipe it across 2-4 times to get push the dust off then they are better with washing the duster in a detergent (assuming you don't want to buy a new one).

I've tried washing my second duster in just running water and though I was able to get rid of a lot of dust that was sticking to it, I still couldn't get it to function as a new one would. However, when I washed it the second with a strong detergent instead, at least it was better in pushing the dust off, the strands also became lighter this way.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster bowser DIY - Do it yourself 23 23rd April 2017 22:34
1st ever Mini meet in Calicut. Post here for all future Calicut mini meets.. MaserQ The Team-BHP Meet Section 16 23rd June 2016 12:33
Paid for Duster 110. GenNext Motors gave us a Duster 85 instead. EDIT : Solved (Pg 2) mohandasnikhil Indian Car Dealerships 74 7th November 2012 23:59
New Mini "Mini/ Minor" CARDEEP The International Automotive Scene 0 17th July 2010 10:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks