Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2013, 11:43   #826
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 709
Thanked: 521 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Does this looks genuine?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/111043794646
That is the official ebay shop of Jopasu car care products. So no doubt it is genuine. However if you are not too comfortable buying from ebay, you could pick it from a local reliance autozone at 480, or from snapdeal.com at 499 - http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jopa...20060?pos=0;14
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 12:03   #827
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyd
Posts: 242
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Does this looks genuine?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/111043794646
It is genuine. As far as I remember, this seller is Jopasu iteself. So you can safely buy it. I got mine from them almost a year back, well packed and delivered fast. I got a new duster lastweek from Reliance Autozone for 475/-, but I'm still using the old duster.
asdfvinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 12:06   #828
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Thanks all, Ordering now.

If anyone wants to purchase one, can use these coupons

Recharge & get Rs. 100 off on eBay from: Airtel (Rs. 50) | Vodafone (Rs. 150) | Reliance (Rs. 150)

Airtel: http://www.airtel.in/re-wards/ebay-prepaid.html
Vodafone: https://shop.vodafone.in/shop/directRecharge.jsp
Reliance: http://myservices.relianceada.com/ca...antRecharge.do

Last edited by saurabh159 : 1st May 2013 at 12:30. Reason: Discount coupons
saurabh159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 10:06   #829
BHPian
 
engrohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 153
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Guys, is there a "safe" way of washing Jopasu duster. People who have tried washing as per instructions given on the cover have found that to be counter productive.

So, is there a tried and tested way of cleaning it or one has to consider this a "use & throw" item?

Last edited by engrohit : 3rd May 2013 at 10:07. Reason: Syntax
engrohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:10   #830
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
i am really disappointed with the Jopasu Duster now. after the first piece conked off in 3 months, i got a fresh one assuming it was the wash which destroyed the older one.

Never getting jopasu again and will not recommend it to others.

what are my options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

For starters, please convey your grievance to them via email or phone, with a URL/mention of your post in this thread. You never know, they might send you a free replacement.

Cheers,
Vikram
I spoke to Jopasu about the issue and was pleasantly surprised at the positive response. They have agreed to look into the matter and see what can be done.

For now I am satisfied
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 18:54   #831
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Got the duster just now Looks good.
Another thing, where is the best place to keep it when not in use?
Mostly, my car runs in weekends only.
saurabh159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:22   #832
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 60
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Guys, is there a "safe" way of washing Jopasu duster. People who have tried washing as per instructions given on the cover have found that to be counter productive.

So, is there a tried and tested way of cleaning it or one has to consider this a "use & throw" item?
I washed it with cold water after 7 months of heavy duty usage and dried it in shade for 2-3 days. When I tried it after that, the duster was not picking up quite less dust as compared to earlier. Packed it in its plastic cover and ordered a new one on ebay. Meanwhile after 1 week of storage tried the older one as the new one had not arrived.

Surprisingly it had recovered nearly 80% of its pre-wash power (the car is black in colour so even small layer of dust as well as swirl marks are visible). Also the car is waxed with Collinite, which eases the dust removal process tremendously. Am not sure if it was the result of 10 days of drying up & that too in their cover. I always keep it in the cover and store it in house.

The new duster will remain packed it seems for sometime now!
Shrek_924 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:29   #833
BHPian
 
Chris_Xtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
I washed it with cold water after 7 months of heavy duty usage and dried it in shade for 2-3 days. When I tried it after that, the duster was not picking up quite less dust as compared to earlier. Packed it in its plastic cover and ordered a new one on ebay. Meanwhile after 1 week of storage tried the older one as the new one had not arrived.

Surprisingly it had recovered nearly 80% of its pre-wash power (the car is black in colour so even small layer of dust as well as swirl marks are visible). Also the car is waxed with Collinite, which eases the dust removal process tremendously. Am not sure if it was the result of 10 days of drying up & that too in their cover. I always keep it in the cover and store it in house.

The new duster will remain packed it seems for sometime now!
This sounds surprising! I too use it on my black WagonR often and very skeptical to wash it fearing it could loose its capability though it had picked up a lot of dust during my 6 months usage.
Chris_Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 15:34   #834
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
Surprisingly it had recovered nearly 80% of its pre-wash power (the car is black in colour so even small layer of dust as well as swirl marks are visible). Also the car is waxed with Collinite, which eases the dust removal process tremendously.
I have had somewhat similar experience. After washing Jopasu duster, it wasn't picking up dust that much. In meanwhile, I had waxed my car & tried duster again and it was back to earlier ways of picking up dust well.

I guess it's waxing on car that has helped Jopasu duster to improve its effectiveness.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 15:46   #835
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 709
Thanked: 521 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Had ordered for a mini duster through Jopasu's ebay site yesterday afternoon.
http://jopasu.com/index.php/product?...product_id=214
The duster reached me a few moments ago. The strands look exactly like those in the regular duster. I feel the mini duster would be an ideal tool for dusting the interiors of the car if it retains the characteristics of the regular size duster! Will test it today evening.
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 21:14   #836
BHPian
 
Aniket6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

I have been using the duster since 1 week. But i see tiny round spots (seem oily) on my car after dusting it. Further more, the dust settles on these spots and makes it worse, looks like i had been driving in the rain.
I just wipe the dust off with the duster in a linear motion. Could anybody tell me what might be wrong? I can post a picture of these spots as well.
Aniket6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 21:24   #837
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 631
Thanked: 540 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Here is my review:

I got the first one and in about a months usage it stopped picking up dust. I soaked it in RIN for about half an hour and kind of strangled it clean. Well its dust picking power greatly reduced. Although I wouldnt say that it became useless. Gave it to the car cleaner guy.

Ordered the next one. And again in about a month's usage it became dirty (Gurgaon is really dusty). But this time I soaked it in EZEE. Did not strangle it or anything. After the soak washed it with water and very lightly squeezed the water and left it to dry. The secret is to completely let the duster try. After that it worked well. I have washed mine thrice now. It works well. Although I feel now it does not last more than 20 days between washes.

And yes if your car is polished, this duster works even better.

I store it in its cover in the car's boot.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 23:00   #838
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Mine has been for around 3-4 months and no matter how dirty it is but still it pick up dust like first day. I use it on daily basis.

I just love this awesome product, highly recommended.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 13:07   #839
BHPian
 
rm_arjuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 441
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

have been using this for a week now and dusting my scorpio is a breeze,cleared all the dust of borewell drilling without any trace of fine particles .
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 13:12   #840
BHPian
 
lapis_lazuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zilla Ghaziabad
Posts: 416
Thanked: 404 Times
Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Here is my review:

I got the first one and in about a months usage it stopped picking up dust. I soaked it in RIN for about half an hour and kind of strangled it clean. Well its dust picking power greatly reduced. Although I wouldnt say that it became useless. Gave it to the car cleaner guy.

Ordered the next one. And again in about a month's usage it became dirty (Gurgaon is really dusty). But this time I soaked it in EZEE. Did not strangle it or anything. After the soak washed it with water and very lightly squeezed the water and left it to dry. The secret is to completely let the duster try. After that it worked well. I have washed mine thrice now. It works well. Although I feel now it does not last more than 20 days between washes.


And yes if your car is polished, this duster works even better.

I store it in its cover in the car's boot.

Regards
Rachit
You are spot on friend . I share exactly the same observation. My one cent: RIN / Strong detergent is total NO NO. Just soak it in dilute Ezee solution, to totally immerse it, in a large bucket or tub for no more than 5-6 minutes. This is enough to make the water completely black with extracted grime and dust. Remove it and rinse it three-four times under running water till no more soap suds are visible and just drip dry in SHADE. It took a full day even in NCR summer.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 16th June 2013 at 13:15.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster bowser DIY - Do it yourself 16 8th September 2016 09:18
1st ever Mini meet in Calicut. Post here for all future Calicut mini meets.. MaserQ The Team-BHP Meet Section 16 23rd June 2016 12:33
Paid for Duster 110. GenNext Motors gave us a Duster 85 instead. EDIT : Solved (Pg 2) mohandasnikhil Indian Car Dealerships 74 7th November 2012 23:59
New Mini "Mini/ Minor" CARDEEP The International Automotive Scene 0 17th July 2010 10:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks