Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th March 2016, 10:22   #1036
BHPian

Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I am going to buy one of these: AutoStark Microfiber Duster Washable For Dry / Wet Cleaning [Amazon] for wet cleaning.
You are very good at spotting new products. Thanks a lot.

Coming back to this, the listing says that the product weighs just 50gms. The old Jopasu weighed nearly a Kg.
The handle appears to be made of metal and the duster itself will weigh far more than 50gm.

I will wait for your review.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 12:35   #1037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You are very good at spotting new products. Thanks a lot.
It's on order*...

Quote:
I will wait for your review.
Sure. I'll post here or on the detailing thread.

My intention is to use this for wet work though, keeping my Jopasu for dry dusting. However, as it is not a waxed product (I think and hope) and mean to use it wet anyway, I can give it a try at the dry dusting.

*Sometimes I just get into shopoholic mood, and just browse. Sometimes one can get new information just looking at the alternatives on each Amazon product page.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 7th March 2016 at 12:37.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 13:00   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to buy one of these: AutoStark Microfiber Duster Washable For Dry / Wet Cleaning [Amazon] for wet cleaning.
I can give a very small review - used this to wipe down the dust off my friend's car. The duster is lightweight - much lighter than Jopasu. The threads are not wax coated (to my naked eyes, at least), and the dust lifting capacity is not close to Jopasu.

For dust cleaning, Jopasu wins hands down. But I feel my hands ache after I wipe down my car with Jopasu - no such feelings with this one.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 14:03   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Sorry but I think you should have read about the way to use the Jopasu duster before using one.

The duster does NOT need a wash after every 5-6 wipes. That is NOT the way to use it. Please go through some earlier posts here to be clear.
Thanks for assuming I can't read the 4 lines on the cover, but I'd like to remind you that I bought my second unit after experiencing the first for over a month. Now if you did read those lines, you'd realize that the manufacturer themselves recommend washing - kindly read the 4th point under precautions - it says wash with detergent and spray the wax rejuvenator after it is dry.

I can most assuredly trust my judgment that the duster needs a wash because after a few wipes, the dust clogs the strands thick and there's no further picking up, simply displacing the dust like with ordinary cloth, which is when I decide it's time for a wash, just as the manufacturer recommends.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 15:18   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
manufacturer themselves recommend washing - kindly read the 4th point under precautions - it says wash with detergent and spray the wax rejuvenator after it is dry.

I can most assuredly trust my judgment that the duster needs a wash because after a few wipes, the dust clogs the strands thick and there's no further picking up, simply displacing the dust like with ordinary cloth, which is when I decide it's time for a wash, just as the manufacturer recommends.
A wash is needed only after the duster becomes extremely dirty. And this usually happens with a lot of usage, sometimes spreading over many months even with daily dusting. I have my second duster now in 2 years and never have I washed either one. The dust picking capacity is still, say around 90% if not the same even after 10 months or so with the current one. Mind you, I live in a very dusty area with lot of construction going around.
From what I could hear from experiences of friends, the more you wash, the lesser the dust picking ability.
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 15:40   #1041
BHPian

^Never washed in 2 years? That's suprising. I live in a very dusty area too (construction in vicinity, school playground ) and Pune is generally dusty. I wipe the car 1-2 times a week, so typically 6-7 wipes it gets very dirty and over the next wipes, I can see dust smear over the surface just wiped. I can barely fathom how you get 10 months use without a wash. Maybe I will try with a new unwashed one later that I will keep unwashed to a year and see, just for experimental observation.

I did notice the drop in efficacy after washing, and there's no sign of the rejuvenator wax spray in the market yet. Once dirty, no amount of shaking, slapping, removes the accumulated dust.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 21:15   #1042
BHPian

A VERY GOOD NEWS FOR ALL DUSTER LOVERS

I bought my duster 3 months back and now its already full black after using it almost daily and didn't wanted to wash it since reading all the stories in this thread.

So, today in my idle time, called the Jopasu Company to check on the Duster Rejuvenator which has been in the news / making for last one year atleast.

The company person I spoke to was very courteous and answered my questions on the call patiently and also gave a very good news that the Duster Rejuvenator is finally out in the market after lots of testing etc.

For my question whether the Rejuvenator can bring the original dust picking capacity back on the duster, he answered in positive and mentioned that after testing only the product has been released in the market couple of weeks back.

For now the duster is available on ebay & snapdeal and link to ebay is here:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Jopasu-Car-Du...sAAOSwQYZW1SbM

He said currently there are no discounts on the product .

However, you can use this coupoun to get 8% off on ebay PAYTMEBAY8 for payment through PayTM.

I have also also requested him to send me detailed steps for washing the duster and using the rejuvenator and his reply to my mail is expected tomorrow. Will update further.

Happy dusting
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 23:33   #1043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Well spotted!

I think I'd better buy straight away before all the other T-BHPians get ahead of me in the queue and stock runs out
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 06:05   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
I think I'd better buy straight away before all the other T-BHPians get ahead of me in the queue and stock runs out
Are you sure? A new one itself costs 502/-. If this 'Rejuvinator' can do it more than 2-3 times, it's worth, else IMO maybe I'd prefer a fresh one from factory. I don't think this could match factory finish.

Anyway, if you've already ordered it, pls let us know your review.
GrammarNazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 07:24   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
KK
Hi, thanks for finding out. If possible please let us know if the 'Rejuvination' can be done more than once.

Rgds.

Quote:
Well spotted!

Sorry, here's the proper link.

Rgds
GrammarNazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 08:06   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hi, thanks for finding out. If possible please let us know if the 'Rejuvination' can be done more than once
In the ebay link, in the product description it is mentioned that it can be used for 3 times. Anyway, I have asked the concerned person to also confirm me once. Will let you know once i get a reply.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 19:10   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Are you sure? A new one itself costs 502/-. If this 'Rejuvinator' can do it more than 2-3 times, it's worth, else IMO maybe I'd prefer a fresh one from factory. I don't think this could match factory finish.

Anyway, if you've already ordered it, pls let us know your review.
Well, no, I suppose I am not so sure that this was, economically, a really great idea! But yes, it is on order, and I have even washed out my old Jopasu this afternoon. I have a new Jopasu, so the purchase was fuelled by curiosity more than need and, yes, I'll let you know the experience.

I got the microfibre brush today, which I intend to use for wet cleaning. First impression is that it looks cheap, and doesn't have much microfibre grip feel to it. Anyway... will check it out.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 20:08   #1048
BHPian

UPDATE ON DUSTER REJUVENATOR RECEIVED FROM JOPASU

As I mentioned in my previous post, I got a reply from Jopasu and also they have sent a detailed document on how to wash & use rejuvenator.

As per them, one bottle of 500 ml of rejuvenator can be used for 3 times to rejuvenate the duster.

Below is the mail as received. I have also attached the word document which explains the steps.

Quote:

Hello Mr. Krishna,

Thank you for the genuine interest shown on our product "Jopasu Duster Rejuvenator". Its a unique product of its kinds since it makes your Car Duster come back to its useful life as original.

Please find attached our documentation on "Duster Rejuvenator". I hope it solves all of your queries. We are thankful to team-bhp forum members to start discussion on this product. Request you to address our wishes to them.

About discount, currently we are sorry. It's a complete new launch and innovated product only for people like you. There was a huge demand from all the Duster fans and the research team took good efforts to get this for you into the market. If you see, it rejuvenates the duster three times and comparatively is way cheaper than buying a duster 3 times :-)

I hope all of your questions are answered and please feel free to get back for any concerns. Attached is the document on "Duster Rejuvenator". We would like your genuine feedback on this product purchased from eBay or Snapdeal.
--
Best Regards,
Bhagyashree Sailwal
Manager (Marketing & Operations)
It is listed on ebay at Rs. 449 and with a discount of 8% (using coupon), it works out to Rs. 413, which is the cost of rejuvenating duster for 3 times. If you have to buy 3 new dusters you have to spend upwards of Rs. 1500/-. In this sense, I feel this buying rejuvenator would be VFM provided it restores the original dust picking capacity. IMO you should also consider the health of the cotton strands of the duster.

Do let me know if you have any difficulty / concern, I can further write to them.

Regards,
KK
Attached Files
File Type: docx Duster Rejuvenator.docx (66.0 KB, 311 views)

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 12th March 2016 at 20:13. Reason: Addition
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 08:04   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
As per them, one bottle of 500 ml of rejuvenator can be used for 3 times to rejuvenate the duster.
Thanks for the info, my Jopasu duster is on verge of deathbed. Still making up my mind whether I should revive it using this product or buy a new one.

One query though - After application of the spray, what timelines are we looking at till the spray effect wears off. If the duster works on an avg of 4 months for every spray, spending 500/- bucks for an year is a VFM deal.

Another query - What's the shelf life of this rejuvenator?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 14:33   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE ON DUSTER REJUVENATOR RECEIVED FROM JOPASU

Regards,
KK
Thank You Kk,

I just placed the order for the bottle. My duster is already dead and I have been looking around for a deal since a week. The product is expected to be delivered by Saturday. I will let you guys know the feedback sometime next week.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   Reply With Quote