Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th June 2017, 06:20   #1186
BHPian

I am not very impressed with the rejuvenator. Its just about OK. I did around 30 sprays in my mini jopasu but didnt see a great improvement after.

Is it the same wax used for.waxing the car? Was wondering if it can be used on the car instead?
m8002? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 12:02   #1187
BHPian

Default Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I am not very impressed with the rejuvenator. Its just about OK. I did around 30 sprays in my mini jopasu but didnt see a great improvement after.

Is it the same wax used for.waxing the car? Was wondering if it can be used on the car instead?
30 sprays is very less in my opinion. You'll have to do 3 rounds of 30 sprays with some drying time in between each round. There is a guide on how to rejuvenate the duster in the Do It Yourself section. You can follow a similar process for your mini Jopasu.
bowser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 13:33   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
30 sprays is very less in my opinion. You'll have to do 3 rounds of 30 sprays with some drying time in between each round. There is a guide on how to rejuvenate the duster in the Do It Yourself section. You can follow a similar process for your mini Jopasu.
I did 3 rounds of 25-30 sprays. 30 because mine is the mini-duster(not the full length one with plastic handle ).
m8002? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 20:55   #1189
BHPian

After a less than satisfactory experience with Jopasu (I too feel the quality has deteriorated from the past), I tried Roger Carster.

I am getting a significantly better performance from Roger. However, the handle has become loose from the tube and I am having to use it without the handle. I had reconciled to having to live with this, when to my surprise, I got a call from Roger asking for feedback as to how their duster was performing. I told them that the handle was useless , upon which they asked me to WhatsApp a photo . When I sent this, I got a call back from their VP saying they are sending a replacement duster free and apologising for my experience. All this on a Saturday.

This is customer service at its best. I will stick with them for the foreseeable future.
Secretariat is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 21:43   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post

This is customer service at its best. I will stick with them for the foreseeable future.
Great service indeed! How much did the Roger duster cost?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 09:00   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How much did the Roger duster cost?
Rs 680. Its available on Amazon.
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 13:20   #1192
BHPian

Friends, I've been using Original California Duster (ordered from Amazon) for about a month now, before that I had used Jopasu duster for about 5 months. Here is my assessment of the California Original Duster vis-a-vis the Jopasu duster:

Pros:

- With the same usage and storage pattern of the car, the California Duster is significantly better in removing the dust. Every sweep literally sucks dust from the surface even while I am just touching the tips of the threads to the dust. I manage to clean to a fault my Black colored Figo in under 5 minutes.

- There was 0 linting and wax deposits on the car from day 1. Linting was a big problem in the initial days of the Jopasu and wax deposits were a problem till the end.

- The threads have maintained their integrity much better giving the impression that it'll last a lot longer than it's ill fated predecessor.

Cons:
- The storage bag is sub-standard compared to Jopasu. The velcro on the bag managed to grab a handful of the threads from the duster everytime I removed or placed it back. Currently using the Jopasu's bag to keep the Cali and vice-versa.

- Unlike the Jopasu this is not usable 'straightaway' after you acquire it. There's a 'curing' process that'll last 2-3 days and will be slightly messy.

- The Jopasu's handle had slightly better grip due to the ridges and the material used. Cali's handle looks more premium due to varnished wood (personal opinion).

- Cost me about Rs. 200/- more than the Jopasu.

Overall I am quite satisfied with the Cali and feel it is a better product than Jopasu although slightly more expensive.
Will post another report when it reaches the same age as when Jopasu became nearly useless (about 5 months).
revvenant is online now   Reply With Quote