Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th September 2009, 14:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Cool High pressure car washer using air compressor

Hi All,

I have an air compressor at home. I was wondering if we can build a high pressure car wahser using this air compressor?

Any body has tried this? how much does the fitment costs?

Please advice
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 20:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Hi All,

I have an air compressor at home. I was wondering if we can build a high pressure car wahser using this air compressor?

Any body has tried this? how much does the fitment costs?

Please advice
@recshenoy , yes you can use the air compressor to high pressure car washer, you just need to get the correct tools , run a check in yellow pages for automobile service equipment.

I once saw a guy use the air compressor from a borewell pomp to run a high pressure washer, so you should be able to do it as well .

One curious question though , what do you use the air compressor at home for ?
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 09:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Thanks hellstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
@recshenoy , yes you can use the air compressor to high pressure car washer, you just need to get the correct tools , run a check in yellow pages for automobile service equipment.

I once saw a guy use the air compressor from a borewell pomp to run a high pressure washer, so you should be able to do it as well .

One curious question though , what do you use the air compressor at home for ?

Thanks hellstar.

One of my relatives has wave soldering machine which needs compressed air. He stays near my house so i thought, when compressor is free I can use that for cleaning my car

Currently little busy (rather lazy ) , will check the extra fitment needed next week.

I have seen people using compressor for spray painting. But its not pressurized. I am sure, similar fitment must be available for presssurized painting as well!
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote