Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 7th April 2011, 19:52   #721
BHPian

Default Re: Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)

Sorry about digging and old thread. But seriously kudos to konjaril!

I have been following the thread since start!

@konjaril - Few Questions: -

What have you planned for the interiors? I think there should be a carputer kinda thing and lots of lever switches instead of the stock conti interiors. I know that you arent gonna use the stock ones at any cost.

Awesome Design, Awesome Engine, Awesome Work!

Waiting for updates!

Note: I have also something similar plan in my mind. But it wont be a muscle car. It will be a supercar made by HANDS. I had plan to use conti but no more because I have heard that the driveshaft breaks very easily when you dump the clutch at high RPM's. Or maybe changing the driveshaft and the differential will work out.

In search of Straight 6 or V8, my uncle owns a straight 8. Lets see if it works out.

I think I am going too OT.

Cya...!
Old 8th April 2011, 12:29   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally View Post
way to go konjaril... been reading and re-reading the post since 3pm and man its a killer project. best wishes to u, nigel, the denter n d painter hope u guys start up soon and finish the 1st true blue indian muscle car !!!
Thanks a lot smally from all our team

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Sorry about digging and old thread. But seriously kudos to konjaril!

I have been following the thread since start!

@konjaril - Few Questions: -

What have you planned for the interiors? I think there should be a carputer kinda thing and lots of lever switches instead of the stock conti interiors. I know that you arent gonna use the stock ones at any cost.

Awesome Design, Awesome Engine, Awesome Work!

Waiting for updates!

Note: I have also something similar plan in my mind. But it wont be a muscle car. It will be a supercar made by HANDS. I had plan to use conti but no more because I have heard that the driveshaft breaks very easily when you dump the clutch at high RPM's. Or maybe changing the driveshaft and the differential will work out.

In search of Straight 6 or V8, my uncle owns a straight 8. Lets see if it works out.

I think I am going too OT.

Cya...!
Hi mudit, thanks a lot for the kudos. the real hero is mr nigel lopes for his brilliant fiber glass moulding and prototyping skills. Anyways regarding your question, we are going to give extra additional attention to interiors and am gonna have something far superior than a car puter. hell, we are even making the seat and steering ourselves.

being the year end is a bit tight for now and the work is starting from next month.

The driveshaft will only pose a problem, if i am using it, lol. anyway i am looking at an engine + gearbox + real axle change so no issues.Also regaring the inline 8, wow that sounds delicious, what car is it from?? also i would suggest an aluminium block engine.the old iron blocks were just show pieces if you want perfomance. unless its a hemi. i read your previous post on rwd cars and i would say out of all honesty the conti is a heavy car and suspensions are too american if you know what i mean. For your mercie replica i would suggest a full grounds up job with a real time mid- engine car . Anyways all the best to you too!

Last edited by konjaril : 8th April 2011 at 12:31.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:11   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Thanks a lot smally from all our team

Hi mudit, thanks a lot for the kudos. the real hero is mr nigel lopes for his brilliant fiber glass moulding and prototyping skills. Anyways regarding your question, we are going to give extra additional attention to interiors and am gonna have something far superior than a car puter. hell, we are even making the seat and steering ourselves.

being the year end is a bit tight for now and the work is starting from next month.

The driveshaft will only pose a problem, if i am using it, lol. anyway i am looking at an engine + gearbox + real axle change so no issues.Also regaring the inline 8, wow that sounds delicious, what car is it from?? also i would suggest an aluminium block engine.the old iron blocks were just show pieces if you want perfomance. unless its a hemi. i read your previous post on rwd cars and i would say out of all honesty the conti is a heavy car and suspensions are too american if you know what i mean. For your mercie replica i would suggest a full grounds up job with a real time mid- engine car . Anyways all the best to you too!
Thanks for suggestions. I am thinking to buy a used MR2. Use it for some time and then rip off! Will ask about the make of the engine.

Badly waiting for updates of your project!

Thanks for the best wishes. Will be starting my project soon, BTW: I will surely need your help!
Old 8th April 2011, 16:14   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Thanks for suggestions. I am thinking to buy a used MR2. Use it for some time and then rip off! Will ask about the make of the engine.

Badly waiting for updates of your project!

Thanks for the best wishes. Will be starting my project soon, BTW: I will surely need your help!
Thanks Mudit, hey can i see a pic of your conti- mustang??
Old 8th April 2011, 16:49   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Thanks Mudit, hey can i see a pic of your conti- mustang??
Dad used to own it and if you read my past posts you must know that my grad father was a car freak too!

Sorry, Its not with me anymore..! :(

and well, yours is better :P

Last edited by muditgrover : 8th April 2011 at 16:50.
Old 14th May 2011, 01:12   #726
BHPian

Sunil, Nigel.....

Sorry got very busy here and could not call you guys since long.

Any updates on the Car, its been over a month and there are no updates, post some pictures of the car.

Suresh is here in US too but I will be meeting him in few days.

Regards
Reitz
Old 15th May 2011, 13:02   #727
BHPian

Pheww! Just finished reading the whole thread.

All I can say is that four people got together and have created something very magical and unique. You guys have a new supporter, my best wishes to you so that you can complete this project asap.

Best of luck guys.
Old 20th May 2011, 17:19   #728
BHPian

Looks like some one is borrowing your kind of driving light idea. Got this as an email frwd now.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 12530
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 12242
Size:  40.9 KB
Spinnerr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:01   #729
BHPian

Hey buddy , long time we saw some updates about your transformation. Let us have WIP pics .
Old 30th August 2011, 15:53   #730
Senior - BHPian

What happened guys? any updates??
Old 1st September 2011, 00:59   #731
BHPian

Hey sunil,
Have you started with the interiors yet?
The last we know was that you were almost done with the monqoque and the engine refurbishment.
Keep us posted buddy.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:18   #732
BHPian

yeah sunil. waiting to hear some kind of news (good) from your side? when will the day come when we meet and you would be riding in your fantastic car?
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 21:28   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
What happened guys? any updates??
Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Hey buddy , long time we saw some updates about your transformation. Let us have WIP pics .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hey sunil,
Have you started with the interiors yet?
The last we know was that you were almost done with the monqoque and the engine refurbishment.
Keep us posted buddy.
Hey there guys i am extremely sorry for the delay in updates. Well the work had been put on hold for some time now as we all had been busy with our work. But the good news is work has been resumed now. We are giving more priority to the exteriors now and then the interiors and last will be engine and transmission. Anyways the car as last time is being worked on from the rear to the front . hence we are working on the rear, the rear fenders, the doors etc as of now. the car will be having fuel caps on both the ends connecting to a single fuel tank. this would facilitate to fuel the car on whichever side the pump machine comes to.

As for the pics i promise better quality pics soon. these coming months we would be concentrating on getting high level finishes on the panels of the car and prep the exteriors for painting.
Attached Images

konjaril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 23:57   #734
BHPian

Happy that the work has started again. It is an amazing design and one of the best mods I have ever seen. Carry on with the efforts.
Tejas Ingle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 23:37   #735
BHPian

Saw the thread today and went through in one go phenomenal effort guys, I pray that all the time and energy you 'invested' in this project bears fruit.
Do keep us posted, wish you luck!
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread