Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 1st July 2008, 15:29   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
I think,the only problem is with local sunfilms,they leave the gum on the windsheild when removed,using a quality/branded sun film wont trouble you.
well,i have observed that it is other way round.

Chinese films are so very easy to remove and they dont have very good adhesives.

While the branded films like 3M,garware etc have better adhesives are not so easy to remove
Old 1st July 2008, 15:29   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
I think,the only problem is with local sunfilms,they leave the gum on the windsheild when removed,using a quality/branded sun film wont trouble you.
I have 3M right now. I am only worried about the defogger. I don't want to spoil they way it is done on the rare glass.
Old 10th July 2008, 09:41   #213
BHPian

Default applying sunfilm from the outside

Hello Guys..

Is it a good idea to apply sunfilm from out side!!

I already have 3M sunfilm installed on my fusion which is under legal limit (50% visibility sides and 70% front)..

Now i want to turn my glasses into a darker shade, so thinking of appling another sunfilm from outside

I will be using a cheap quality film (only for dark shade)..

The idea behind this is that even if caught by traffic police (if atall), i can get away by paying the fine and removing the cheap film from outside only.. and the 3M remains intact

How does it sound!!

Regards
Gaurav
Old 10th July 2008, 11:35   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravchawla View Post
How does it sound!!
It sounds totally avoidable! Putting sunfilm on the outside will never work; It is exposed to elements that it was never designed for and will get damaged / peeled. Plus, your visibility will become next to nothing, especially at nights.

If you really want a darker tint, best to replace the one your windows are currently wearing. It is very important to choose a high quality branded sunfilm.
Old 10th July 2008, 11:43   #215
Senior - BHPian

I Have seen a Corolla which has a photosun film(which turns dark when sunlight hits it and goes back to normal at night time)..Thats really fabulous.
does this kind of film exist?
Old 11th July 2008, 11:02   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I Have seen a Corolla which has a photosun film(which turns dark when sunlight hits it and goes back to normal at night time)..Thats really fabulous.
does this kind of film exist?
AFAIK the glass should have that property, and you would not require any film.
Old 11th July 2008, 11:09   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys..

Is it a good idea to apply sunfilm from out side!!

I already have 3M sunfilm installed on my fusion which is under legal limit (50% visibility sides and 70% front)..

Now i want to turn my glasses into a darker shade, so thinking of appling another sunfilm from outside

I will be using a cheap quality film (only for dark shade)..

The idea behind this is that even if caught by traffic police (if atall), i can get away by paying the fine and removing the cheap film from outside only.. and the 3M remains intact

How does it sound!!

Regards
Gaurav
It is not advisable to fix sunfilms from out I had put on a small part of my rear glass which could not be done from inside due to speakers obstruction. The sunfilm get spoiled fast due the direct exposure to heat and dust and gives a bad look to the car.
Old 11th July 2008, 11:46   #218
BHPian

Default V-kool!

i paid 22,000/- for my sx4 after negotiating !(for v-kool of course)
Old 5th September 2008, 19:30   #219

hi to all..i am a "newbie" out here so i just wanted to enquire wether garware would be good enough for my red wagon r???
Note:- Iam still a student and am strictly on a cash crunch at all times so please advice me.

Thanks
Ankit
Old 5th September 2008, 22:24   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitaggarwal View Post
hi to all..i am a "newbie" out here so i just wanted to enquire wether garware would be good enough for my red wagon r???
Garware has 2 or 3 brands - plain "Garware", "garware classic" and "garware lite". I am not sure of the 3rd name. The plain variety will cost below 1K; classic will be a bit above 1k (1.25 or so). The last one will cost 2.5 K or so. It is not just about shades. All the 3 varieties come is varying shades / darkness. What differentiates them is the level of heat rejection.
Old 25th September 2008, 00:30   #221
BHPian

I got my Suzuki Zen Estilo fitted with Garware Ice Cool Shield today.The film is original as it had the hologram and came in a sealed tube container. It also has 'Ice cool Shield' written in small black letter on three places on the windshield. Had Garware Ice Cool Grand too fitted on all sides today( rear was supposed to be done today too, but somebody from the company had cut it in three strips and sent it ,I sent it back and getting a contiguous film for the rear,day after tomorrow ). After installation today afternoon, there was quite a downpour,but I went to my clinic driving in the evening and amid heavy rains.No issues at all. The fitting was done by a company guy.He was a quite but competent guy.He did a genuinely nice job inspite of me being around him throughout the three hours procedure.

Both the films are Scratch Resistant and comes with a company guarantee of 5 years.The specifications of the films are obviously different with different 'Visible Light Transmission','UV Ray cut-off' and 'Heat Rejection'.

Don't want to sound like a man from Garware though,but overall am happy that I chose these two.Prices are very high though compared to other Garware films.

Can't at all comment on the actual benefit during daytime,till I use it for few days in the still-blazing kolkata sun.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 25th September 2008 at 00:37.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:07   #222
Senior - BHPian

ultimatechamp : What was the price for your Garware ?
Old 19th October 2008, 19:57   #223
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Excellent post. Thanks for all the details. Worth bookmarking. For 3M they have an authorized center here in Chennai near S.I.E.T college/ Teynampet signal. I think the person in charge is called Vinayaga Murthy - 0944404274 or 044-24315317

Vkool i remember seeing a shop with a Vkool signboard on top of it on that road that connects Anna Salai to GN Chetty Road , the one before Gemini fly over next to the Mercedes Benz showroom and Anna Arivalayam but havent checked it out.
As per my experience 3M and Llumar are the best. The authorised distributer for llumar is SANDHYA in alwarpet where you can for less that dealer price.

Sandhya agencies is @ the third left from old lifestyle signal (Eldams road junction,SAMCO HOTEL).On the right side.

I have referred 4-5 cars till now including my indica.IT IS COSTLIER ,but definitely worth it.Trust me.

Steel35 will cost you around 3500-4000 with 5yrs guarantee.

Am planning to fix it for my new swift D next week or so.if anybody is interested let me know and we can get bulk discount.
Old 19th October 2008, 20:58   #224
BHPian

Has anyone used Hüper Optik Ceramic films? Getting a quote of 10k for S+R for Fiesta, comes with a 10 year warranty.

Product Details
Old 20th October 2008, 10:22   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
ultimatechamp : What was the price for your Garware ?
Ice Cool Grand was MRP Rs 6300,and Ice Cool Shield was MRP Rs 2820 and I got 5% discount on each.
Closed Thread