Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2009, 22:01   #406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I have also installed Garware sunfilm (don't remember the variety though) on the windows and rear window my Zen about 3 years back. The box was with holograms and it was with 1 year warranty. Cost me 700 bucks including installation then. No problem till date. VFM indeed.
I thinks this film is the basic Garware, non-SRC.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:19   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hi

Could anybody please let me know the ideal sunfilms to install on an i10 Asta?

Going by this thread, 3M CR70 looks good for the front windscreen. Any comments or better suggestions on that?

Also, what do I get for the other 5 glasses? With RE35 it does not even look like that films have been installed, and SP20 is sure to get me in trouble with cops here in Kolkata. anything in between?
Hey BlackAsta have you since decided yet on what sun film to get?

I'm getting an i10 too (Sportz AT) and the dealer guy says the side windows are already tinted to 30% i.e 70% light acceptance.50% is the norm,could probably push it too 40%, hence I'm confused as to which one to get.
My main concern is heat rejection than privacy or a cool look so it doesn't matter if it appears that no sun film has been put at all as long it rejects the heat.
Old 24th September 2009, 22:38   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
Hey BlackAsta have you since decided yet on what sun film to get?

I'm getting an i10 too (Sportz AT) and the dealer guy says the side windows are already tinted to 30% i.e 70% light acceptance.50% is the norm,could probably push it too 40%, hence I'm confused as to which one to get.
My main concern is heat rejection than privacy or a cool look so it doesn't matter if it appears that no sun film has been put at all as long it rejects the heat.
Ain't decided on anything as of yet. I gave this stuff a real good thought, and found out that main concern for me also is also heat rejection, and I am happy without getting my windows overly tinted. Also my family does not like windows to be tinted to a great extent.

Maybe gotovamsee's initial setup is sufficient for me - i.e CS/RE 35/50 on the sides and CR70 in front.

Also, another question is lurking in my mind - what about those dreaded rattles once they open my door assembly for sun control film application and fail to put all the screws back into place? I have heard that now a days there is a machine they use that enables application of films without opening up the doors? any pointers on this?
Old 24th September 2009, 23:19   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Also, another question is lurking in my mind - what about those dreaded rattles once they open my door assembly for sun control film application and fail to put all the screws back into place? I have heard that now a days there is a machine they use that enables application of films without opening up the doors? any pointers on this?
Opening the door assembly to put the film? I never saw this being done in Delhi even though I live in an area known for car accessories and having plenty of Film guys.

Buddy, they lower the rubber of the window and then apply the film. Post this, they roll up and advice not roll down for about a day. When you roll down and roll up the rubber returns to its original place.
Old 25th September 2009, 00:26   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Opening the door assembly to put the film? I never saw this being done in Delhi even though I live in an area known for car accessories and having plenty of Film guys.

Buddy, they lower the rubber of the window and then apply the film. Post this, they roll up and advice not roll down for about a day. When you roll down and roll up the rubber returns to its original place.
I remember seeing that quite a while back, done on an amby. Thats why I wanted to confirm whether they are still continuing that practice or have changed.
Old 25th September 2009, 00:47   #411
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

the door panels are opened to make sure the film is applied as low as possible to the window glass! this ensures the hold of the film on the glass and makes sure that film doesnt peel off or roll from the bottom side of the glass.

many film applicators apply the film without even removing the rubber beading (quick work) and just insert 3-5mm of film below the level of the rubber beading and the film looses its hold and rolls up!
Old 25th September 2009, 06:54   #412
BHPian

Default Sun Control Film

applicators apply the film without even removing the rubber beading (quick work) and just insert 3-5mm of film below the level of the rubber beading and the film looses its hold and rolls up![/quote]

I installed suncontrol film on my Maruthi-800 by the dealer in 1987. They never removed any rubber beading. They extended the film 3-5mm below the beadings and still the films are there not giving any problem.

Similarly I got 3M Suncontrol film installed in my Opel Corsa in 2001by 3M guys. They also never removed any rubber beadings. No problems so far. If the installation iiiis done properly there will not be any problem.

So the idea is to get the job done by the Sun Control Film dealer.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:39   #413
BHPian

Default Sun Control Films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire View Post
yes...light dark grey....those are the darkest legal ones you could go for...and dude the best ones are of 3m...its better if you go for these....they are exactly what sun films are supposed to be like...and for simple cool ones..that just looks dark...in mumbai you guys can go to audioline...cheap and good...
I second that.
I have 3M Sun Control Film on my Corsa for the last 8 years( the legal one with 70% visibility ). They are very good in keeping the car cool. No film on the wind shield. I understand that the job of the Sun Control Film is to keep the car cool ( & not making it look cool).
Old 25th September 2009, 12:45   #414
BANNED

Garware comes with some warrenty.

However,

How do we recognise it is genuine? (if there is no box around)

Do they issue any warrenty cards?
Old 25th September 2009, 16:04   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
the door panels are opened to make sure the film is applied as low as possible to the window glass! this ensures the hold of the film on the glass and makes sure that film doesnt peel off or roll from the bottom side of the glass.

many film applicators apply the film without even removing the rubber beading (quick work) and just insert 3-5mm of film below the level of the rubber beading and the film looses its hold and rolls up!
Parm, you must have heard of Lajpat Nagar. Certain film dealers even put films on rainy days or when there is strong rainy situation, that too in the open. Forget opening the door panels from them, that'll mean another Shikaar lost.

I mentioned Lajpat Nagar, but the case is the same everywhere barring the ethical dealers or the top notch ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Garware comes with some warrenty.

However,

How do we recognise it is genuine? (if there is no box around)

Do they issue any warrenty cards?
Idea1979, Check the link for geniunity of Garware http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1474692 .

Gaware also has big rolls, which I believe are for architectural application. Film guys generally offer you such films at competitive prices but no idea of they being original, because the roll's pack may have Garware name but the roll may be of any other brand. Usually, these big rolls have Brand name printed on the film and one should check the name mentioned.

Moreover, Garware's car packs have warranty cards in them. The warranty on Classic is 3 years, whereas it's 5 years for Ice Cool Shield (for front windshield purposes).

Hope this helps.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:06   #416
BHPian

idea sirji,
The Garware film has the Garware name and film type number printed along one edge of the film. You have to hold the film against daylight to see it. First check out the Garware website for the film type you want to go for and the MRP; then check this number on the film itself. Hope this helps.
Old 25th September 2009, 23:27   #417
Senior - BHPian

I have a chevy Spark and planning to put sunfilm tomorrow (windows+rear). Which one should I go for? budget is around 1.5K
Old 29th September 2009, 07:16   #418
Senior - BHPian

I put Carbon 20 on my Spark. Costed me around 1.5K
Old 29th September 2009, 18:04   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I put Carbon 20 on my Spark. Costed me around 1.5K
Which brand Latheesh. By the way congrats for the job.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:18   #420
BHPian

I had put 3M RE70 on the rear and sides of the Baleno four years back, cost me about 3500/- I'm looking for a dealer for 3M in Goa for my Ritz, can't seem to find any today!
Closed Thread