Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 29th April 2010, 10:37   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thanks but..I dont understand this part ??
I meant by automatic climate control settings. I generally go to office around noon, so setting goes to 25.5 degree. And when we go out during weekend etc with family, at that time I set that to 24 degree. Its temp setting nothing else. Hope I made it clear.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:12   #572
BHPian

Today, I got 3M films for my Punto from the 3M distributor here in Chennai. Total cost came to 9.2K

Breakup:

RE35 on sides and rear: 3.8K
CR70 on front: 5.4K

They took around 2.5 hours to complete the installation and did a really neat job.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:07   #573
BHPian

Can some one tell how much sunfilm is needed for the sides and rear window of a scorpio in total approximately. I am planning to buy the sunfilm in Germany. There is a brand called Foliatec (http://www.foliatec.com) here and I am using it on my Passat and I liked it. The normal film size from them is 76cmx300cm. Is the width of the film is wide enough for the rear window so that single piece can be installed?.
Old 30th April 2010, 21:12   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
Can some one tell how much sunfilm is needed for the sides and rear window of a scorpio in total approximately. I am planning to buy the sunfilm in Germany. There is a brand called Foliatec (http://www.foliatec.com) here and I am using it on my Passat and I liked it. The normal film size from them is 76cmx300cm. Is the width of the film is wide enough for the rear window so that single piece can be installed?.
Shiva, this is most amazing link I've seen on TBHP. German Quality and well priced.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:34   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
Today, I got 3M films for my Punto from the 3M distributor here in Chennai. Total cost came to 9.2K

Breakup:

RE35 on sides and rear: 3.8K
CR70 on front: 5.4K

They took around 2.5 hours to complete the installation and did a really neat job.
RE35 allowed by RTO ? any issues in using the same in Chennai Metro?
Old 11th May 2010, 16:33   #576
BHPian

I have got the quote today for WagonR

Vkool 40 (40% light transmission , 65% heat rejection)
Economy - 6500
Elite- 12800
Diamond- 28000

3M
CR Series - 9000
CS-3500
RE-3500
Economy-1800

Guys I am interested in 3M RE35 (35% light transmission and 52% heat rejection) on all the sides and rear , Front Windshield will be coated later.

Suggestions pls.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:51   #577
Senior - BHPian

RE35 is a good choice for the sides and back. But add CR70 to the front. Both put together should be under 9000 bucks or somewhere around - it is worth it.
Old 12th May 2010, 00:08   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
RE35 allowed by RTO ? any issues in using the same in Chennai Metro?
My Linea has RE35 all around back and sides. No issues sofar with the Chennai Cops. Its not a dark film and hence no problem though technical specifications are not as per law books.
Old 12th May 2010, 18:23   #579
BHPian

Guys , due to Vitamin M deficiency, I was planning to go with the sides and rear first then the front.

Today got a chance to see a new brand called NANOLUX , its claiming upto75% heat rejection and costs me 4k for the sides and rear. Any idea how is NANOLUX?

By the mean while how is the heat rejection on 3M RE35? after parking the car in hot sun, how is that, when u come in?

Any comments on GARWARE ICEKOOL GRAND film with upto 75% heat rejection @ 5.5k?
Old 15th May 2010, 20:45   #580
BHPian

Today I have revisited all the options for sides and rear of my wagonR;

1. Vkool - Approx 6000
2. 3M RE/CS ( prefer RE35 and CS20) - Approx3200
3. Garware Artic cool- Approx 9000
4. Filimpro - Approx 6000

Guys since my car is a silky silver wagonr, How the 3m RE35 will look like? A silky box?
How it will be compared to CS20, regarding heat rejection?
Old 16th May 2010, 15:00   #581
BHPian

HI guys,
Yesterday after a bit of looking around at sunfilms i decided to go for a Llumar Gold series opal35 film for my 2010 WagonR.
It comes with 4 year watrranty and cost be INR 3000 for the windows and back. Found the address of the dealer in chennai
from their site and got the film installed at the dealer.

Today morning when i saw the car ,this is what i found. Am attaching pics. Was difficult to take pics of the tiny bubbles as the auto focus of the camera was
getting confused by the reflection in the glass.
Sun Film-img_3485.jpg

Sun Film-img_3486.jpg

Sun Film-img_3487.jpg

The back windshield is the worst affected. Most of the dots are near the edges with a few spread all over.
The side windows have a few dots here and there.
Now my question is , is it worth asking the film to be replaced. Also the back winsheild has defogger
and so now film is stuck over the heating coil. Will removing the film damage the coil.

They removed the glass from the door and so the door was dismantled and in the process they managed to break a plastic cover
which comes below the ORVM as well
Am very dissapointed as i hoped by going to the official dealr of Llumar i would get a good job done.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:31   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
HI guys,
Yesterday after a bit of looking around at sunfilms i decided to go for a Llumar Gold series opal35 film for my 2010 WagonR.
It comes with 4 year watrranty and cost be INR 3000 for the windows and back. Found the address of the dealer in chennai
from their site and got the film installed at the dealer.

Today morning when i saw the car ,this is what i found. Am attaching pics. Was difficult to take pics of the tiny bubbles as the auto focus of the camera was
Attachment 349216

Attachment 349217

Attachment 349218

The back windshield is the worst affected. Most of the dots are near the edges with a few spread all over.
Now my question is , is it worth asking the film to be replaced. Also the back winsheild has defogger
and so now film is stuck over the heating coil. Will removing the film damage the coil.

They removed the glass from the door and so the door was dismantled and in the process they managed to break a plastic cover
Am very dissapointed as i hoped by going to the official dealr of Llumar i would get a good job done.
Hey. That needs a replacement.. its not a professional work It seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Today I have revisited all the options for sides and rear of my wagonR;

1. Vkool - Approx 6000
2. 3M RE/CS ( prefer RE35 and CS20) - Approx3200
3. Garware Artic cool- Approx 9000
4. Filimpro - Approx 6000

Guys since my car is a silky silver wagonr, How the 3m RE35 will look like? A silky box?
How it will be compared to CS20, regarding heat rejection?
Guys any advices please !
Old 17th May 2010, 11:10   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 349216

Attachment 349217

Attachment 349218

Inform the dealer about the bubbles. Wait for a week to see if the bubbles disappear before you claim warranty. If it doesn't go ahead an claim warranty. In my car it took about a week for the bubbles to disappear, especially from the front windshield. Garware website mention the curing time as one week, it must be similar for other makes too.

If the film is removed from the glass carefully it will not damage the heating element.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:31   #584
BHPian

Quote:
HI guys,
Also the back winsheild has defogger
Am I right in supposing that sunfilms should not be installed on rear windscreens with defoggers?
Old 17th May 2010, 14:13   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Inform the dealer about the bubbles. Wait for a week to see if the bubbles disappear before you claim warranty. If it doesn't go ahead an claim warranty. In my car it took about a week for the bubbles to disappear, especially from the front windshield. Garware website mention the curing time as one week, it must be similar for other makes too.

If the film is removed from the glass carefully it will not damage the heating element.
Went to see the dealer. Showed him the bubbles. He claims that a small number of bubbles are unavoidable in any installation because of dust particles, unless it is done in controlled environments (as in dust free work rooms).

Anyways told him i will wait for a week and if it is getting worse i will need replacement. Left it at that as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Am I right in supposing that sunfilms should not be installed on rear windscreens with defoggers?
When i asked about the heating coil before installation ,i was told it is ok to install over heating coil. The problem comes only if you need to peel it off due to some reason and then the coil might get damaged if it is done carelessly. Well unfortunately for me they did not do a good job. Now i have to decide if i want to risk the heating coil getting damaged!
Closed Thread