Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 21:50   #706
BHPian
 
razrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I find 5% too dark and 20% too light. So when I told this to the shopkeeper, he suggested I install a 20% on top of another 20%.

Is this practical? Will it give me darkness somewhere between 5-20%?

Will it be a pain if I have to remove the film sometime later?
razrman is offline  
Old 18th October 2010, 22:28   #707
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
I find 5% too dark and 20% too light. So when I told this to the shopkeeper, he suggested I install a 20% on top of another 20%.

Is this practical? Will it give me darkness somewhere between 5-20%?

Will it be a pain if I have to remove the film sometime later?
I think itll be rubbish. Do you want no one to be able to see in? Or will it be fine if very little is visible from the outside. If so then 15% it should be for you.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 19th October 2010, 01:54   #708
BHPian
 
razrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think itll be rubbish. Do you want no one to be able to see in? Or will it be fine if very little is visible from the outside. If so then 15% it should be for you.
Very little is fine. In layman terms I am fine if outsiders can see if a person is sitting inside. I dont want outsiders to see WHO that person is. Will CS 20 be right for me then?
razrman is offline  
Old 19th October 2010, 09:55   #709
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Very little is fine. In layman terms I am fine if outsiders can see if a person is sitting inside. I dont want outsiders to see WHO that person is. Will CS 20 be right for me then?
You will get sufficient privacy with 20% visibility sumfilm.

If you go for a darker sunfilm, it will affect visibility in the night.

BTW, are the traffic cops in Mumbai lenient about sunfilms ?

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline  
Old 19th October 2010, 11:05   #710
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Very little is fine. In layman terms I am fine if outsiders can see if a person is sitting inside. I dont want outsiders to see WHO that person is. Will CS 20 be right for me then?
Yes CS20 will be fine then. And your night visibility will be much improved over your earlier 5% films.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 20th October 2010, 16:11   #711
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Anyone used a brand called Global?
This has been recommended by AutoShop in Koramangala 7th Block
blorebuddy is offline  
Old 21st October 2010, 11:55   #712
BHPian
 
razrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Yes CS20 will be fine then. And your night visibility will be much improved over your earlier 5% films.
Thanks Akshay and Rohan. CS20 it is then!
razrman is offline  
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:22   #713
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Can anyone here share their experience / views on Infra Kool films. Contrary to what most people state here about them being dealers for V-Kool, I was told by Infra Kool that they deal with their own brand.

I'm thinking of getting some film installed in my car tomorrow.
underground1419 is offline  
Old 6th December 2010, 00:34   #714
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Is this a good quote?

Guys

The local Huper optic dealer is quoting about 16.6K all inclusive with home installation for front and two side windows of my Gypsy with Klar70 film.

Is this a fair quote? Or am I being ripped off?

Thanks
Ragul is offline  
Old 6th December 2010, 01:37   #715
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default

The offer for Klar 70 is way to expensive. I was offered their Klar Ceramic 70 for my Cedia for 6 glasses in all for about 16K by the distributor in Pune. During the negotiations it was somehow revealed to me that the actual cost to the distributor was only 8.5K and well after that it was a no go.
khoj is offline  
Old 6th December 2010, 12:08   #716
BHPian
 
ontheroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KL-01/KL-08
Posts: 297
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Christmas offer by Garware

One of my friends installed Garware film for his new i20 in all glasses including windshield for Rs2000.00 from Car style, Padivattom, Cochin. The dealer says that its a Christmas offer from Garware. I checked the windshield and its not any Icecool/Arctic cool variety but just says Garware F.R.O.N.T.Y and VLT70%.

Any BHPs got any info about it from any other dealer?

Last edited by ontheroad : 6th December 2010 at 12:10.
ontheroad is offline  
Old 6th December 2010, 12:22   #717
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
One of my friends installed Garware film for his new i20 in all glasses including windshield for Rs2000.00 from Car style, Padivattom, Cochin. The dealer says that its a Christmas offer from Garware. I checked the windshield and its not any Icecool/Arctic cool variety but just says Garware F.R.O.N.T.Y and VLT70%.

Any BHPs got any info about it from any other dealer?
All the glass for 2k? Thats a real bargain. Windshield sun film alone will cost a fortune.
Can you share the details dude?
naveen.raju is offline  
Old 6th December 2010, 12:46   #718
BHPian
 
ontheroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KL-01/KL-08
Posts: 297
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
All the glass for 2k? Thats a real bargain. Windshield sun film alone will cost a fortune.
Can you share the details dude?
Please check your inbox. Also share your experience here, if you visit there.
Thanks
ontheroad is offline  
Old 6th December 2010, 15:48   #719
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Anyone used a brand called Global?
This has been recommended by AutoShop in Koramangala 7th Block
Yes i got the global sunfilm installed from autoshop in Koramangala on Saturday, I believe Global is better when compared side by side with Llumar.And yes it is highly recommended by the guys at Autoshop. They say its an international brand and all. All i needed was better heat rejection without compromising much on visibility.

In using for a few days i feel its good, Visibility is not that bad although it looks pretty dark from the outside. Anyone else got Global?
Viper21 is offline  
Old 6th December 2010, 16:01   #720
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The offer for Klar 70 is way to expensive. I was offered their Klar Ceramic 70 for my Cedia for 6 glasses in all for about 16K by the distributor in Pune. During the negotiations it was somehow revealed to me that the actual cost to the distributor was only 8.5K and well after that it was a no go.

Thanks. I called him and checked and reminded him this was 2 door car. He had quoted me for 6 glasses!! He will revise the quote later tonight.

Cheers
Ragul is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sun Protection, without sun film - Options? tsk1979 Technical Stuff 55 17th December 2015 23:24
Sun Film or Security Film? lambuhere1 Modifications & Accessories 18 21st May 2013 11:57
V-KOOL sun film dealer in Bangalore? manishk13 Modifications & Accessories 3 1st February 2007 13:23
Sun film LandCruiser Technical Stuff 4 6th April 2006 08:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks