Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 1st April 2011, 20:28   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Can anybody please share some document or link which enlists the sun film range from Llumar along with some specifications like the heat rejection & VLT etc.

If there is no document, anybody who knows about the different ranges?

I spoke to a guy in the company branch office here in Delhi, & I was told about 3 ranges in my budget namely Silver, Gold & platinum (also called Steel in market). I couldn't find any more details accurately.

Thanks.
Here it is. Llumar range of sun films.

http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarAutoSpecsUS.pdf
Old 1st April 2011, 20:41   #827
Senior - BHPian

^^Thanks navin, appreciate the prompt response. However, this pdf doesn't seem to list the ranges as explained to me by the company representative. I guess I will have to talk to somebody else again in the company to get a better understanding of what's available & for how much.

Hey, I believe that this would differ between people, but which out of llumar & garware do you rate better?

Secondly, which sun film did you get for the windscreen? Can you share the model details etc & the cost which you had to pay?

Thanks again navin.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 1st April 2011 at 20:46.
Old 2nd April 2011, 12:31   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
Sridhar, I am getting RE35 done in my new car (i10 Automatic). Is the shade too dark for driving in night? How is the visibility in night?
Have found no issues with night driving using RE35. Much better than HP35 on my Getz where it was a tad difficult.

@blackfire:
The link is for Llumar US. Check the below link out. http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarAutoSpecsGlobal.pdf

Last edited by Sridhar K : 2nd April 2011 at 12:33. Reason: Additional info
Old 2nd April 2011, 15:36   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here are some tints.

Vento - 3M
Swift - LLumar gradient sun films (Front Windshield)
Which film is it in the interior pic (night-time)?
What is the VLT of that film?
Old 2nd April 2011, 15:48   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Have found no issues with night driving using RE35. Much better than HP35 on my Getz where it was a tad difficult.

Thanks Sridhar, appreciate your response
Old 2nd April 2011, 23:34   #831
BHPian

Here is a link to Llumar film specs- http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarAutoSpecsGlobal.pdf
Old 4th April 2011, 09:49   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
^^Thanks navin, appreciate the prompt response. However, this pdf doesn't seem to list the ranges as explained to me by the company representative. I guess I will have to talk to somebody else again in the company to get a better understanding of what's available & for how much.

Hey, I believe that this would differ between people, but which out of llumar & garware do you rate better?

Secondly, which sun film did you get for the windscreen? Can you share the model details etc & the cost which you had to pay?

Thanks again navin.
This is the one available. Some of them are not available here. I found Llumar better of the lot since it's not that expensive and does the job. These are details of my sunfilms

LLUMAR Charcoal Black ATR Series - CH 50/CH05
I paid around 4.8k for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Which film is it in the interior pic (night-time)?
What is the VLT of that film?
Old 4th April 2011, 11:52   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Just to confirm, I was talking about the windsheild film on the blue swift in your pics. Asking because it looks pretty dark for a 50%.
Any visibility problems at night for the windshield one?

Last edited by razrman : 4th April 2011 at 11:55.
Old 4th April 2011, 13:09   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Thanks. Just to confirm, I was talking about the windsheild film on the blue swift in your pics. Asking because it looks pretty dark for a 50%.
Any visibility problems at night for the windshield one?
That's my friend's car (bhpian). We use the same tints.
There is only a slight drop in visibility for the windshield one although the side films have problems at night. Went for these films since our cars are parked outside when in office so these films offers good heat rejection.
Old 4th April 2011, 17:32   #835
BHPian

Quote:
That's my friend's car (bhpian). We use the same tints.
There is only a slight drop in visibility for the windshield one although the side films have problems at night. Went for these films since our cars are parked outside when in office so these films offers good heat rejection.
Thats true. Although cooling ability depends on heat rejection % of the film, I have observed that generally darker films do a better job of keeping the car cooler than their lighter counterparts. I personally too am a fan of darker films.
Old 4th April 2011, 22:27   #836
BHPian

Anyone have any knowledge on SunGard films ? They are priced pretty well and have really good specs. Also, film quality (hand feel, clarity) is nice. Did a little bit of research online and it seems OK, not much info to be found other than the fact that it is a US brand.
Old 7th April 2011, 12:33   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Anyone have any knowledge on SunGard films ? They are priced pretty well and have really good specs. Also, film quality (hand feel, clarity) is nice. Did a little bit of research online and it seems OK, not much info to be found other than the fact that it is a US brand.
They are decent films. A friend had it in his car but he had the entry level ones. So difficult to talk about performance. The price if I am not mistaken is not really cheap and maybe comparable to Llumar.
Old 7th April 2011, 15:06   #838

Default Window films considering strict action in Delhi

Friends suggest me what kind of window films I should use in Delhi on my ANHC VAT considering strict restriction by Traffic Police. Also please suggest me the good places for the same in Delhi
Old 7th April 2011, 15:57   #839
BHPian

People, need some help to clear my confusion! Its been a while since I last got sunfilm done for my old car (almost 4-5 yrs back).

Need to get sunfilm for my BNW Punto. I checked with a car accessory shop near my place and was quoted the foll:
windshield: Lumar PP70 (cost 4k)
windows and rear glass: 3M (I guess CR20 cost 3.2k)

Can someone please help me on what should be used on the windshield and whether the rates I've been quoted are ok?
Old 7th April 2011, 17:26   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
People, need some help to clear my confusion! Its been a while since I last got sunfilm done for my old car (almost 4-5 yrs back).

Need to get sunfilm for my BNW Punto. I checked with a car accessory shop near my place and was quoted the foll:
windshield: Lumar PP70 (cost 4k)
windows and rear glass: 3M (I guess CR20 cost 3.2k)

Can someone please help me on what should be used on the windshield and whether the rates I've been quoted are ok?
The rates seem to be ok. You could get Llumar AIR 70 for the windshield or the 3M CR70 (little expensive).
Closed Thread