Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th September 2005, 02:06   #31
BHPian

dragger can you arrange a K&N Filter for mu Tdi Scorpio
moodswings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 02:09   #32
BHPian

I believe people here know quite a lot about K&N filters.....Please advice where can I score one for my Scorpio TDI...Please mention the contact name and address...will highly appreciate it....n if anyone knows wht diff. would it make to my Scorpio
moodswings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 03:34   #33
BHPian

Last Saturday I put in the stock replacement filter in my carb zen.. I was more interested in the universal one.. however both Methods (distributor) and Sagar Automobiles (retailer) was not at all interested to give me the custom fittings and the universal filter. Finally with min risk I put the stock replacement filter. The MRP in Bangalore in 3490 (all inclusive), Mumbai may be cheaper.. the dealer thrown in a Rs 200 discount and I just got it replaced. The MPFI filter is lot cheaper than the carb one.. the MPFI one costs about Rs 2000 I think. He gave me a nice and convincing demo with two fans and ***** (Sagar).. it was funny though.. Anyway haven't revved much after putting the filter. I haven't noticed any noticeable sound difference.. I feel the car is now more peppier in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear (basically after 40kmph).. 1st and 2nd gear I haven't seen any noticeable diffrence.. so far haven't driven in highways.. so haven't checked out the capabilities.. not yet checked the FE.. will check that out during next refuelling.
protege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 12:20   #34
BHPian

hey buddy i can arrange for the K&N filter for your car...since you have a diesel engine...i would advise you to go in for a box replacement filter for the car...because the intake ratio of the diesel engine's is very high...hence the conical filter gives up within sometime also the intake roar becomes to loud and sounds disastrous...so do pm me if you need one...cheers...!!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 23:48   #35
BHPian

Question K & N - where in pune ??

hey guys i am interested in putting a Stock replacement filter in my carb zen without any modifications.
where can i get it in pune and for how much ( approaximate cost ) ?
hkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 07:18   #36
BHPian

All that I now wanna know is, will the sound improve wid the OE k&N and will I get better FE wid a conical k&N....???? I have an MPFI zen and would like to know more about the prices for the conical and the box replacement.....

Last edited by fieroid : 15th September 2005 at 07:25.
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 15:44   #37
BHPian

hey uddy hkanitkar...im a performace parts stockist here in bombay...im coming to pune this weekend...for some expansion work...ive pm'd you the details...so if you do need the K&N box replacement filter for your car...just call me asap...and let me know...cheers...happy revvin...!!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote