Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th December 2012, 10:49   #16
BHPian

Default Care Accessory/Care stuff from abroad

Hi,

I am not a car expert, I am in Singapore for a few days, and really amazed at the way the folks drive/maintain their cars.

It is a dream for us Bangalore folks to ever drive on such good roads!!

I have noticed that there is a huge market of car care / accessories etc.. people here seem to very particular on this.

As I am not a car expert, would like to know from experts who have been/or are in Singapore, about the must have products here, which are not available or considerably expensive in India.

I have decided to go for Swift ZDI in some months.

Kindly help answer from that perspective.

Thanks
Shailesh
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 15:36   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Care Accessory/Care stuff from abroad

Electronics are generally much cheaper in Singapore than in India, and that should include car accessories too. Why not check the Swift ICE threads and see what setup you'd like and purchase the HU, speakers and AMP while you're there? If you want an in-dash cam to record your drive, a wide range of products may be available.
Also things like car phone mounts/holder, camera holders, phone chargers, 220V converters etc might be available for cheap.

OT: Correct your thread's title.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 15:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

I am not a car expert, I am in Singapore for a few days, and really amazed at the way the folks drive/maintain their cars.

It is a dream for us Bangalore folks to ever drive on such good roads!!

I have noticed that there is a huge market of car care / accessories etc.. people here seem to very particular on this.

As I am not a car expert, would like to know from experts who have been/or are in Singapore, about the must have products here, which are not available or considerably expensive in India.

I have decided to go for Swift ZDI in some months.

Kindly help answer from that perspective.

Thanks
Shailesh
Google autobacs in sg.
Its a service, repair kind of outlet, with a store as well.
You can pick up decals, lights, filters and spot some good cars.
Last I was there, I dropped a lot of sgd, and also saw a gtr burning rubber.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote