Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 09:33   #1
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Mods for Optra LT 2.0 2009

I am planning to book Optra TCDi LT 2.0.
The following are the mods that I have planned after extensive sifting in Team bhp
1. Reverse parking sensor (Autocop - Rs.3700/-)
2. K & N filter.
3. Headlamps 100/90 Phillips rally.

Gurus and Optra owners, Please share your suggestions on this. And is there any other necessary mods that could add more value?

Thanks
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 13:06   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Congrats. Pls post a detailed report on the buy.
What is the on-road price? is it 10.97L with ACC?
Which color? 3-coat etc.

My only suggestion,pls go for Green cotton or piper cross. I don't mean K&N is bad, but should be careful during rainy seasons. this may get wet leads to stall the vehicle in middle of the road. Its only my perception.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 13:30   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 174
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Upgrade the tyres for sure, to PP2 if possible 205/55. Will be well worth the money spent.

Cheers
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 14:30   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,708
Thanked: 8,928 Times
Default

Upgrading to higher wattage bulbs may fade the headlights faster than normal due to extra heat. Plus the wiring may have to be upgraded to take twice the load so i wont recommend this job as OEM headlights offer adequate illumination.

Parking sensors are a good accessory.

I suggest you to upgrade the tyres as well to some good Michelins or Yokohamas.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 14:40   #5
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats. Pls post a detailed report on the buy.
What is the on-road price? is it 10.97L with ACC?
Which color? 3-coat etc.
I am getting 10.36 on road without insurance. Yes this is the new model with ACC. Not decided between black and Red. Thats a different confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Upgrade the tyres for sure, to PP2 if possible 205/55. Will be well worth the money spent.

Cheers
Yes. I was not sure about how much I will be spending extra on Michellin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Upgrading to higher wattage bulbs may fade the headlights faster than normal due to extra heat. Plus the wiring may have to be upgraded to take twice the load so i wont recommend this job as OEM headlights offer adequate illumination.

Parking sensors are a good accessory.

I suggest you to upgrade the tyres as well to some good Michelins or Yokohamas.
Do you mean I need a relay switch for 100/90. I was under the impression that I need it only if I go for 130/100
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 15:22   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

No.We need not require any harness for Optra alone. Its a direct bolt-no. This comes with factory fitted harness can sustain higher wattage as well.
You can call the dealer and en quire.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 17:42   #7
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
No.We need not require any harness for Optra alone. Its a direct bolt-no. This comes with factory fitted harness can sustain higher wattage as well.
You can call the dealer and en quire.
Are you planning for Optra as well? I am booking one now with the hope that this is best time to get good deals. It seems prices might be higher when the same car is booked in Jan 2010. I am not sure about the verity of this information though.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 17:53   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default

I have upgraded the headlamp bulbs of my Optra 1.6 way back in 2006, I have not used any additional relays or wiring harness, there is no fading of reflectors of any sort so far.
The OE bulbs (55/65) are pathetic.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 19:24   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Hi,

Here are a few pictures of the optra done up in the south. maybe it will give you some idea. I particularly like the emblem on the last black Optra with the M3 like exhausts.
They are not great but worth having a look.
This company Kit Up are not know for the bright ideas but their really neat jobs.
Also do have a look at this link.
Chevrolet Optra Turbo

Hope the picture's and the link were of some use to you and all the best for the job ahead.

Regards
Arjun
Attached Thumbnails
Mods for Optra LT 2.0 2009-optrabodykit1of2.jpg  

Mods for Optra LT 2.0 2009-optrabodykit2of2.jpg  

Mods for Optra LT 2.0 2009-optrabumpers1of2.jpg  

Mods for Optra LT 2.0 2009-optrabumpers2of2.jpg  

Mods for Optra LT 2.0 2009-optrabodykit21of2.jpg  

Mods for Optra LT 2.0 2009-optrabodykit22of2.jpg  

arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 19:47   #10
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

FUNtastic Arjun. What a machine this. This is just splendid. I am heading to Puliyakulam road. I frequently visit Avinashi road. I wonder how i missed this...
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 20:08   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
FUNtastic Arjun. What a machine this. This is just splendid. I am heading to Puliyakulam road. I frequently visit Avinashi road. I wonder how i missed this...
Thank you, Maybe you should. All the best for your project and please post some picture's throughout the modification process to keep the thread alive.
Regards
Arjun
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 22:18   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

the first thing u have to do is get better tyres. 205s at least. the car begs for it. secondly get tints. also think about upgrading the music system if you are an audio buff. last but best, a petes box and air filter.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 22:35   #13
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the first thing u have to do is get better tyres. 205s at least. the car begs for it. secondly get tints. also think about upgrading the music system if you are an audio buff. last but best, a petes box and air filter.
Thanks. Any idea of how much I would be shelling out of my pocket for 5 new michellin 205s? Also,I plan to change the speakers to blaupunkt. I did not like the effect in stock ICE.
Petes not in the list for atleast for an year.would like to enjoy her in pristine form
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 22:40   #14
BHPian
 
sylvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Thank you, Maybe you should. All the best for your project and please post some picture's throughout the modification process to keep the thread alive.
Regards
Arjun
Sure. I have to check for mods that dont void the warranty.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 00:10   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Thanks. Any idea of how much I would be shelling out of my pocket for 5 new michellin 205s? Also,I plan to change the speakers to blaupunkt. I did not like the effect in stock ICE.
Petes not in the list for atleast for an year.would like to enjoy her in pristine form
forget michelins theyre overpriced as of now. i would say yokohamas are as good. why not tell us which area your in maybe someone can tell you a good tyre shop in that area then.

for ice too, go to a recommended place. tell us your area we can tell you a good place close by.

believe me youll be ready for petes long before a year, the temptation for 30 extra bhp is too much.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
basic mods for optra vandan Modifications & Accessories 14 9th November 2009 14:43
Spied:2009 chevrolet optra J200 and chevrolet beat M300 (matiz) sidindica The Indian Car Scene 41 29th May 2009 08:55
2009 War of C+ Sedans- AHNC vs Linea vs Fiesta vs SX4 vs Aveo vs Verna vs Optra... RX135 The Indian Car Scene 54 23rd March 2009 00:07
hey plz suggest some good mods for Optra Royale!! Arnav_Kacker Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 5 26th February 2006 21:38
Optra v/s Optra Design Edition GreenHex The Indian Car Scene 17 29th October 2004 02:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks