Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 11th October 2009, 16:55   #346
BHPian

HAUTE CAR ZONE, O M R , Chennai ( Opp Ezone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech
I did notice it a few months back. I havent had chance to visit it yet. I am going there today to get some car cleaning products and floor mats. I hope, their prices are sensible.

cheers
I just got back from the place. It is nice, smart, clean show room.
alloys, car accessories, K&N , SatNavs etc.

I got what I was looking for 1. A car shampoo with wax , 2. Wet n Wax spray ( spray while the car is wet and wipe ). Both imported and price reasonable.

The staff, I wish were a bit more knowledgable about the products. They have a huge fitting bay at the rear to fit their products like central locking, alloys, parking sensors, car stereo etc.

They wanted to charge me a 1% , for using my debit card. I some how dont like the idea of paying a bit extra for using a debit card. I understand that they are passing on the bank charges to me, but their profits would cover them any ways !! When I said, I dont want to buy, because of the charge, they waived it off!

I will go back there, to buy a few more things and spend time browsing

Ps: They also have used cars for sale.

Last edited by vdiatech : 11th October 2009 at 16:56.
Old 11th October 2009, 17:43   #347
BHPian

In Mangalore, at Falnir Junction, (near Hotel Motimahal) Car Decor, near Pumpwell circle - Overdrive, near SDM Law College - R.K., at Balmatta - No Fear (SCS Hospital Road). All these are well known places. I suggest Car Decor or R.K.
Good luck
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:52   #348
BHPian

Question Review and feedback on Car accessories shops

Hi Friends

Now a days car accessories are as important as the car itself. It is also the most frequented place by car owners apart from the petrol pumps. So in fact all people in team bhp spent a lot of money on car accessories for sure. It is high time to have some feedback and review of car accessories shops in your respective towns and cities.

I come from Trivandrum here i think there are 2 prominent shops 1) car palace 2) motor plaza (there are also many others but i have not heard much). Some say that car palace offers better service as they have more skilled workers but the cost they charge for accessories are quite exorbitant and changes based on the customer it seems. While on other hand there is motor plaza which offers lot of discount but service is not poor. Some people also tell that smuggled things available at beemapalli market is an excellent bargain.

So as you see its so confusing.
Can bhpians share your experience with shops so that it would be useful for the community.

Also Does any shops offer discount for team-bhp people ?

regards

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd October 2009 at 13:07. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:45   #349
BHPian

My friend had gone to motor plaza to fix ICE - pioneer hu and jbl 6x9s for his i10.But the installer guy messed up his roof lamp,that he had to change it from the service centre for 1200 Rs.
I had also purchased philips rally from them for my swift,but the relay they provided were so bad that sometimes my headlights doesn't switch off even when if turned off.Rectified the problem by changing my relay and wires to PMP from the Car Shoppy @ pongumoodu.

But i also had some funny experience regarding the car shoppy,which i have mentioned in my DIY thread,when i went their for the installation of my speakers.

So there you go.

Last edited by jithudigitised : 23rd October 2009 at 15:00.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:03   #350
BHPian

Which is the best place to install sunfilms in Pune? I did visit Carax but I thought their prices were a bit high. I am looking for a reasonable and reliable alternative.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:31   #351
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
My friend had gone to motor plaza to fix ICE - pioneer hu and jbl 6x9s for his i10.But the installer guy messed up his roof lamp,that he had to change it from the service centre for 1200 Rs.

So there you go.
I want to fix a front windscreen sunfilm for my fabia. Would car shoppy , pongumoodu be better. What about the price and service offered by them.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:11   #352
BHPian

well i had seen them fixing a front windscreen sunfilm in a santro.But looking at the way,they were doing great.Don't know how it came atlast as i had left the place before as my work was finished.
BTW the santro was green in color and an automatic and he worked in technopark(IIRC company was Collabera).So if any chance you know this guy,ask him.

Well i think the price starts from 3K or something and goes up for 3m and others.
Old 29th October 2009, 00:59   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAutobot View Post
Which is the best place to install sunfilms in Pune? I did visit Carax but I thought their prices were a bit high. I am looking for a reasonable and reliable alternative.
If you looking for quality of work then in KP - Lane 4, there is proper 3M office.
You need to search as its not known to many of them.

Don't expect much negotiation else buy it from any dealer ask them to send people from 3M @ your home!

I came to know later but it may help others
Old 30th October 2009, 14:47   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
If you looking for quality of work then in KP - Lane 4, there is proper 3M office.
You need to search as its not known to many of them.

Don't expect much negotiation else buy it from any dealer ask them to send people from 3M @ your home!

I came to know later but it may help others
Thank you Kumar. Can you PM me the contact #s if you have them? KP is too far away from my place.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:07   #355
passionate1977

Hello Anupam,

I am looking for custom seat covers for my scorpio mhawk please share details about the shop in Arya Samaj Road, Karol Bagh where I can find something reasonable.
Thanks In advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Check out for Suede (look a like and feel a like) too, I am sure you will have other folks giving you the names for Cal., from my side, whoever does it, shd know the fitting job, tight n fit fitting needs experinced hands. also check for stitching, sometimes the material used is good, but they use poor quality thread to stitch

and very soon you will see seams opening up due to low strength of stitch,

and all your efforts will go for a toss (A chain is as strong as its weakest link)

btw. for Delhi folks - nothing can get beat Arya Samaj Road - Karol Bagh, you can buy your own material and quickly get stitched nearby even with on the spot customized logo (read - embriodery).

I got a very exclusive fabric stuff done for my Zen along with pillows for 700/- flat. In pune they had not even seen that quality ever before and much lower quality stuff was for 2200/-

anyone intersted to know details/address..I can send the same

Old 14th December 2009, 14:14   #356
passionate1977

Hi Badcheetah,
Please suggest any reasonable & good shop in lajpat nagar for custom seat covers for my scorpio mhawk.
Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcheetah View Post
hi there ,

Delhi has a lot of places where you can get accessories from . You basically need to specfy what all you need may be then i could be in a better positio to guide you .

See it also makes a difference, which part of Delhi u would be staying in. If is South Delhi then i guess Lajpat Nagar , and kotla is a good place to pick up stuff along with Khan Market . If some where central then Karol Bagh is the place for you to go.

prices , man it depends what u want , and who all has it . there are a few prefered dealers from whome we guys pick up stuff , but it always helps to see other shops in the market first and then ask your guy to get that thing if he does not have the same.

You can give me a call once you are here , and may be could show u the places from where u can get ur wish list .

sending you the number via PM .

Looking forward to seeing you in delhi .

Old 15th December 2009, 12:15   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAutobot View Post
There is one Lumar authorised shop on baner road. Its on left side if you are coming from Aundh. Lumar also have a small outlet in Ishanya Mall at main enterance.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:20   #358
BHPian

Wheels in Borivali, Mumbai..!
Old 15th December 2009, 12:27   #359
BHPian

Default Now i remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
There is one Lumar authorised shop on baner road. Its on left side if you are coming from Aundh. Lumar also have a small outlet in Ishanya Mall at main enterance.
its on the right extreme when you enter form the main entrance. do they carry out fitment also? that would be really nice!
Old 15th December 2009, 12:30   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
its on the right extreme when you enter form the main entrance. do they carry out fitment also? that would be really nice!
I dont know whether they do fitment there itself, but if they are authorised, then they might send the workers at your home to do the fitting.

I will check with them next time i visit there.
Closed Thread