Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 15th August 2006, 13:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
Car Shringar may be a good place.....but the guy is con job too. Youngster with some attitude problems......
Surprised you had a bad experience with him. Their family has been involved in the business for a very very long time in Bangalore. And their relatives have also opened up shops on Mission road (Final touch / Audio n Alloys). I used to know vikram a few years ago, outside of the business and he is a swell chap. Guess you did face some problem.. but maybe you caught him at the wrong time. I wont deny that they are expensive compared to other shops but then offer you dedicated service, you can always go back if you have issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Car Shringar on Commissariat Road. Its proprietor Vikram is really fun and professional to do business with, gives you an educated experience and we've now become very good friends. He's one of those few people in the car accessory business who won't rip you off if you've not known him before.
I strongly recommend him for all your accessory needs.

Last edited by s0uljah : 15th August 2006 at 13:27.
Old 15th August 2006, 15:33   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
Car Shringar may be a good place.....but the guy is con job too. Youngster with some attitude problems......
Well Mr Vikram is not just a con job artist, he is a super con job artist,
I don't know about the attitude part, as he is very nice to customers, but he has talents like selling something for Rs 100 when it sells for Rs 50 if you are an unsuspecting customer, well that a lot of traders do, but in today's level of consumer awareness, people get to know such tactics fast.

Well that is not a big issue, the main trait about our man is he will give good service to you as long as you keep going back to him to buy more, as soon as you decide to move to a better showroom, our man will act cheap, and how ? this is how,
My friend had been his customer for ages and bought loads of stuff from him, he bought a pair of Kicker L5s from him which he sold with Warranty at Rs17500 each, whereas the grey market rates were Rs14500 then.
The subs were paired with a rockford amp and they could not hold and they blew, when the warranty was claimed, he made my friend run for 1.5 months postponing it every 2 days sayings its coming, its coming,
When, it actually never went to the authorised distributor,
On enquiring details, the Auth Distributor from Mumbai said he had never sold the subs to Shringar and there was no way to prove other than the bill, whereas Shringar told they had sold it to him.
In all this swapping, my friend contacted Kicker USA and complained. On a response from USA, the auth distributor took the subs and decided to repair them and claimed they were in Mumbai, whereas they were done in bangalore.

The Authorised Distributor said the subs when they were sold were refurbished and never had kicker manufactured coils and my friend has emails from the distributor and Kicker USA to prove that.

So this is what Mr vikram does, he buys from grey market and sells at prices with bill and warranty, if you are his repeat customer, and warranty issue comes up, he will give you a store credit, if you are not planning to buy more, then you can basically go to hell, and he will never say that in your face, he will smile as usual and keep making you run from pillar to post till you decide to buy something of a higher value from him.
I used to go with my friend most of the times when he used to helplessly go to him for the warranty claim.

Based on the Bill my friend was thinking of taking him to consumer court, but Kicker Disti stepped forward , but they too did a shoddy job on the subs repair. Now I definately dont think is is an example of any good service.

Last edited by audiophile : 15th August 2006 at 15:38.
Old 25th August 2006, 15:07   #123
BHPian

Default Accessory shop in Delhi/NOIDA

Hi,

I have got myself a (new to me) used car and am looking for a good accessory shop where I can get good and original stuff. Any recommendations for shops in Delhi/NOIDA?

I am looking for a lot of stuff over time but the wish list is as follows:
Leather seats (not seat covers)
Alarm
Hella Rallye 3000 or similar driving lights
Fog lights
Horns
ICE upgrade, maybe DVD/PS2
Tyres and maybe alloys

Thanks a ton,
Red-One.
Old 25th August 2006, 17:30   #124
BHPian

You should check out Car Raunaq in sector-16. I got all the accessories from there.
Old 25th August 2006, 17:48   #125
BANNED

BRO!! there're lot of threads with info you looking for.
It's better you search and find it. It's not as hard as you think.
Old 25th August 2006, 21:15   #126
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yep RedOne check our CAR RAUNAQ in sector 16 auto market its behind Haveli resturant or if u can go upto Lajpat nagar check out ELEGANT and the ones around.
Old 26th August 2006, 03:17   #127
Senior - BHPian

Redone - you need some stuff that might not be available/advisable to buy from one shop only. There are many good dealers in Delhi, give me a call & I'll give you more contacts.

Meanwhile where are you?? Joining us for Sunday's meet right? You can follow the discussion here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...08-2006-a.html
Old 28th August 2006, 10:08   #128
BHPian

Thanks for all the info.

iraghava, couldn't make it to the meet. Will call you.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 29th August 2006, 10:42   #129
BHPian

All,

Please help me with a good palces where I can fit 100/90 bulbs in my 800. I got it once done at bannerghatta road and after 3 months, I _relay_ got burnt. Changed the relay and within a month one of the bulbs exploded, now switched back to original 60/55. I really need this since to help my eyesight at night driving.

Is there any reliable brans for relays ?

Regards,
Old 29th August 2006, 12:03   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban
All,

Please help me with a good palces where I can fit 100/90 bulbs in my 800. I got it once done at bannerghatta road and after 3 months, I _relay_ got burnt. Changed the relay and within a month one of the bulbs exploded, now switched back to original 60/55. I really need this since to help my eyesight at night driving.

Is there any reliable brans for relays ?

Regards,
You may try getting it done from any of the following shop:
1. Prodrive-Shivaji nagar bus stand
2. Car Shringar-Opp. Life style
It is better to buy a good relay (branded) by paying little extra.
Old 29th August 2006, 13:33   #131

momo steering wheel from 1000/- INR?
cld u please advice the price for Momo Commando and Commando R? Red/black combination?
Old 29th August 2006, 20:00   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveluv
momo steering wheel from 1000/- INR?
cld u please advice the price for Momo Commando and Commando R? Red/black combination?
I doubt you would get authentic Momo for such a low price ! In fact when I was in thailand I visited a store which sold "authentic" fakes, which is to say they had the highest quality of duplicates, which itself cost a couple of k's !!! Regular unbranded/duplicates in the chinatown markets ranged from 700rs to 1.2k

Anyway just go with something you find comfortable. I wanted a sports steering but decided against it... why replace something thats soooo important??
see one of my old threads

Last edited by s0uljah : 29th August 2006 at 20:03.
Old 1st September 2006, 11:52   #133
BHPian

Default System error

Hi Subbarao,

I had installed a [COLOR=#0000cc]BLAUNKPUNKT [/COLOR]on My Indica turbo on delivery from Concorde. Some wire seems to be loose now as speakers on one side go mute sometimes, on a bump or operating the power windows.
Do you think these SNS plaza bros will help me out or should i go to Concorde only!
Old 1st September 2006, 12:03   #134
BHPian

Default Xenons

Hi,

Where do i get Xenons for my Indica turbo in blore, and is it advisable to put them. Any experiences on this members.

Also how does one deal with the frustration of all the scratches on your car , courtesy Blore reckless 2 wheeler riders (pretend they r invincible0 and autodrivers!!!!!!!!
Old 1st September 2006, 15:02   #135
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone give me contact number of Sprocket in HYD please??
they don't seem to have a site.
Closed Thread