Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th August 2005, 22:33   #1
BHPian

Question Goodyear or Bridgestone for NHC

Hi people

We have the new honda city. I have seen many a NHC riding on Goodyear GPS2 i think. We got ours with Bridgestone S322.
I want your opinions as to which is the better of the 2 tires with respect to high speed stability and ride comfort.

Basically the car feels rather unstable on MP expressway at high speed (130kph) on S322. Anyone with NHC + Goodyear GPS2 combo ? ,pl. comment on you experience so far !!!
The Goodyears atleast look visibly wider. Please note that im referring to the standard wheel rim fitted by Honda and not any alloy.

Also, I notice people fitting any odd alloy wheel sets to any car. Is there no official document certifying a paticular wheel set to a paticular car/model. What if the alloy set is unable to take the loads and stresses exerted by the car on it and fails during running ? (Sorry but im an engineering student !!)

Pl. also let me know if one can fit Parktronic (park distance alert) on the NHC for the rear bumper. Will this system associate itself with the other electronic systems on the car or can it be fitted as a separate entity ? Do honda dealers do it ? if not who does it and is it it safe to get it done from non honda approved stations ?

I would be grateful to you all for your thoughts and suggestions .

Last edited by ameya : 4th August 2005 at 22:42.
ameya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2005, 23:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ameya,

I'm not particularly qualified to comment on the NHC, or tyres. But I strongly suggest you get rid of the S322s. In my experience, they are bad. Period. Bubbles all over the place. Not sure if they can handle 130+. Also, are they tubeless?

As regards the Parktronic, check this out :
http://team-bhp.com/forum/showthread...stance+control
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2005, 00:00   #3
BHPian

hi ameya..I have tubeless Goodyear stocks on my NHC GXi CVT..and they are running pretty well till now..though dude,I can't comment on the higher 130+ speeds,because my car is still in running-in period,and I haven't revved it up yet..but will surely let you know once I do it !
I was planning to switch over to 195/60/R14 Bridgestone G3s..but then just gave up the decision considering that I'm not a fast driver,nor wanna lose up on FE..since I already am getting low FE in CVT..
As for PDC,dude,go in for it..I am planning to get it done soon..Honda dealers don't provide that accessory,so,dude,you'll have to get it done from outside.
I know a few good dealers who can do it for you..they aren't Honda authorized,but do pretty good job.
You can PM me if you wanna fit that in your vehicle.
cheers,
sr
srasania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2005, 00:13   #4
BHPian

hey what do you mean by unstable ?? are you sure its not just the extra light feeling of the power steering because it is quite soft so that could be it also getting your wheels balanced could help get ridd of wobbling if any !! but if you feel its like a skiddy type lack of grip feel then it may just be the tyre compound used maybe theyre just not slick enough cant really comment on that as im not a tyre expert !! ask a tyre guy about it !!!
speed0mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2005, 07:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameya
Hi people

We have the new honda city. I have seen many a NHC riding on Goodyear GPS2 i think. We got ours with Bridgestone S322.
I want your opinions as to which is the better of the 2 tires with respect to high speed stability and ride comfort.

Also, I notice people fitting any odd alloy wheel sets to any car. Is there no official document certifying a paticular wheel set to a paticular car/model. What if the alloy set is unable to take the loads and stresses exerted by the car on it and fails during running ? (Sorry but im an engineering student !!)

Pl. also let me know if one can fit Parktronic (park distance alert) on the NHC for the rear bumper. Will this system associate itself with the other electronic systems on the car or can it be fitted as a separate entity ? Do honda dealers do it ? if not who does it and is it it safe to get it done from non honda approved stations ?

I would be grateful to you all for your thoughts and suggestions .
1..I am very sure that the car stability has got nothing to do with the tyres...but the wheel balancing...please get it done right and you will be OK...If even after balancing, the stability does not improve..then you should start analysing the tyres and the suspension.

2. My 2 cents on Goodyears and Bridgestones
a. Ride Comfort and Grip ...go for Goodyear.
b. Tough terrain and If you require long mileage : go for Bridgestones...nothing to beat them..had them on my Uno and I had to throw them away as I got bored after 47 K...they were still ready for another 15 k...!!! On the otherhand My friends Uno had to go it for a tyre change after 27 K...on goodyears.

I am currently running Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 185/65 R 14 on my baleno and the ride is very good..so is the grip....!!!

3. Talked to many a puncturewallahs and people on this forum...Alloy wheels are very tough in general..unless you have a solid shunt or an accident..they do not brk easily...

4. No clue abt Parktronic..
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2005, 21:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameya

read thishttp://www.tongseng.com.hk/Page/Product/G3.html

will give u a sense of rims sizes for differnt tires.

indian alloy rims like AURA and NEO are durable and they do come with warranty.imported ones have better designs but they dont come with warranty.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote