Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th November 2009, 21:36   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Non adjustable Racing bucket seats for college project

A friend of mine in a college is building a Dune buggy to be used for racing.

He basically needs TWO racing bucket seats. He wants a non adjustable racing seat.

He also wants 2 five point harnesses. His budget is around 8,000/- per seat.

Does anyone know where in Bangalore he can get it? Any of the known tuners? RD? Psycho?

The reason this is in "Indian Motorsport" is because I want to increase my post count which wont happen in Shifting Gears.

j/k. The real reason is, he and his friends are taking part in a sort of a race. Baja 2010. I think it qualifies as Motor sport, but college level.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th November 2009 at 01:32. Reason: Nikhilb2008, even though its for a motorsport application - the thread is better suited to the M&A section - hence moved.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 11:41   #2
c10
BHPian

Hi Nikhil, Why dont you check rally. co .in, i remember there were a couple of rally seats & seat belts (5Points) for sale sometime back...

Well, when & where is this college level race taking place..

Cheers!!
c10.
c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 14:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

nikhil your best bet is to contact some folks from rally.co.in for pointers. I think handbrake harry from rally.co.in is a registered member here too. Check with him coz he deals with OMP racing products and could guide you.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 14:46   #4
Team-BHP Support

Since its not necessarily for professional/daily use, you can saunter over to Shivajinagar/JC Road/known accessory shops and get a "replica" seat for cheaper.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 14:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Since its not necessarily for professional/daily use, you can saunter over to Shivajinagar/JC Road/known accessory shops and get a "replica" seat for cheaper.
The ones available at Accessory shops are not certified for racing so it would'nt be a good decision to put driver safety at risk..

Contact Handbrake Harry.. He'll give you some OMPs for a very reasonable price..

You can also go to FRK racing in Mahadevpura.. I'm sure Mr. Fazil will get you what you want..
speedfreak7116 is offline   Reply With Quote