Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 09:43   #16
BHPian
 
vdiatech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 413
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Just when we were discussing customs, customs duty, corruption. The CBI has raided customs at Air Cargo and arrested 11 officials on corruption charges in Chennai. The money made by them on a daily basis is unbelievable !

Last edited by GTO : 7th August 2017 at 00:09. Reason: Old post, but still correcting typos
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 23:24   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Experience in buying parts online from the UK?

Fellow T-BHPians,

Have you had experience procuring parts for your car from overseas? I am thinking of buying a pair of drive shafts for my Skoda Laura from www.skodaparts.com based out of UK. They seem to be professionally run and by far, the only establishment offering warranty on parts other than Skoda A.S.S. The part is competitively priced and there is also a surcharge refund if I return the old part back to them (once the new part is installed).

Please let me know. The local spareparts dealers dont offer any kind of warranty and genuineness of parts is suspect (even though they are more than 50% cheap compared to A.S.S)..

Please let me know.

Regards
Anand
laurabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 05:47   #18
BHPian
 
1self's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 627
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Experience buying parts from UK?

By the time the parts get through customs, octroi etc, it will be almost the same as buying it here itself. Whatever prices you see there, double it & you will be close to actual prices at your doorstep.

Plastic parts are cheaper & so are Chinese parts because of the varience in custom duties. If you get the part as a gift (upto Rs 10000) then no customs duties. Also if parts are labelled by the sender as a sample to a commercial address, again no custom duties.
Remember custom duties are calculated on the cost of the part & the cost of shipment.
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 09:46   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,894
Thanked: 9,748 Times
Default Re: Experience buying parts from UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabeast View Post
Fellow T-BHPians,

Have you had experience procuring parts for your car from overseas? I am thinking of buying a pair of drive shafts for my Skoda Laura from www.skodaparts.com based out of UK. They seem to be professionally run and by far, the only establishment offering warranty on parts other than Skoda A.S.S. The part is competitively priced and there is also a surcharge refund if I return the old part back to them (once the new part is installed).
I buy from them and can vouch for them. The only issue is that they charge a lot for shipping. You might want to explore setting up an account with DHL/TNT and asking skodaparts to ship using your acccount number.

You might need to pay 33% duty though
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 13:13   #20
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Experience buying parts from UK?

Thanks Ajmat and 1self for your response.
Yes, I dont want to risk paying duty, etc. and will go with their shipping itself, thought it is expensive. For this part, they have agreed to return a substantial surcharge, once I return the used part back to them.

Will let you guys know how it goes..
laurabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 13:48   #21
BHPian
 
babhishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: KOLKATA
Posts: 315
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Experience buying parts from UK?

even if they ship, you will pay duty!
how are you expecting to avoid duty if they ship? care to elaborate?
babhishek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 16:40   #22
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Experience buying parts from UK?

Thanks Babhishek,

Good question.. I was under the impression that duty would be separate, but my interactions with the seller have proved otherwise..! Let me double check with them as a precautionary measure.. The arrangement is definitely not for me to pick it up from the airport, but to have them delivered right to my home..

They are on a long weekend holiday, will call them tomorrow and update..
laurabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 21:50   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 396
Thanked: 549 Times
Default SHARUKH Group of Establishment

Came across this "SHARUKH Group of Establishment" while browsing the web and it looks like a Kerala based OEM supplier who has an exhaustive list of products that they manufacture.

Would be wonderful if anyone can get some feedback about them as their prices look very nominal!

'http://www.sharukhgroup.com'
rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 08:33   #24
BHPian
 
Eminenttismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 18.00N,79.58E
Posts: 330
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: Best sites to buy parts online

CarStudio

CarPlus

Team-BHP Classifieds,anyone!!?

Thank you GTO,I never knew of N1 Engg.

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2017 at 10:44. Reason: Removing dead store link
Eminenttismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 13:56   #25
BHPian
 
lapis_lazuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zilla Ghaziabad
Posts: 440
Thanked: 429 Times
Default Online motor parts in India

Dear all,

I was wondering if the community would be interested in putting together in one place, information on online spare parts shop. Of course, they must be in India. I am not speaking of aftermarket or service consumables: but replacements/spares.

We have an online shopping thread but that's for "everything else"....baby feed, dress and undress material, toiletries et al.

Now honestly, I have only a few links to add.

This does not call for a dedicated thread? Well then, mods, please delete!

http://www.motrpart.in/

(seemingly Mahindra dominated)

http://www.99rpm.com/

TATA and FIAT

http://spareshub.com/
http://www.indianautostore.com/Index.aspx

Infancy...

Please add comments, information, experiences, pros and cons etc.

Regards
lapis_lazuli is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 14:11   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,755
Thanked: 4,345 Times
Default Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Has anyone purchased items from Carplus.in ?
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017, 20:22   #27
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 122
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Hello friends. I have seen Boodmo. Com advt. Flashing on our team bhp page and i am really impressed with the parts, price and delivery time quoted by them. I was about to order some spares for my i20. Have you guys ordered something from this website?
Drive safe.
Akib Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017, 22:14   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: JH01/JH05
Posts: 1,982
Thanked: 11,048 Times
Default Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Hello friends. I have seen Boodmo. Com advt. Flashing on our team bhp page and i am really impressed with the parts, price and delivery time quoted by them. I was about to order some spares for my i20. Have you guys ordered something from this website?
Drive safe.
Had ordered spares worth Rs. 14xx on 23rd July as a pilot order to check their claims. I was promised delivery within 7-10 days. Even today, the stuffs haven't been shipped.

I'd be really happy if they could expedite the whole process a bit. Those who have ordered, the really lucky ones got the spares within 10 days, while I also know someone who got his money refunded after 2 months of waiting.

Though I must say, the spares business in India is so unorganized, that it isn't really their fault. The team is hard working and their intent is positive.

You can also have a look at the reviews by other BHPians here: Link (Would you buy Spares & Parts online?)

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th August 2017 at 22:19.
Leoshashi is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 08:01   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,257 Times
Default Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Had ordered spares worth Rs. 14xx on 23rd July as a pilot order to check their claims. I was promised delivery within 7-10 days. Even today, the stuffs haven't been shipped.

I'd be really happy if they could expedite the whole process a bit. Those who have ordered, the really lucky ones got the spares within 10 days, while I also know someone who got his money refunded after 2 months of waiting.

Though I must say, the spares business in India is so unorganized, that it isn't really their fault. The team is hard working and their intent is positive.

You can also have a look at the reviews by other BHPians here: Link (Would you buy Spares & Parts online?)

Regards,
Shashi
Even i ordered on the same date as yours. A caliper pin and caliper boot. Both of them are not yet shipped. Customer care says they need a week more to ship the items due to some GST issues. This is the second time i have raised the ticket. The estimated delivery date is a farce. After getting used to prompt deliveries from Amazon and like boodmo experience feels like going back 10 years! Let me see when i will get the part!
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 11:36   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 2,784 Times
Default Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Even i ordered on the same date as yours. A caliper pin and caliper boot. Both of them are not yet shipped. Customer care says they need a week more to ship the items due to some GST issues. This is the second time i have raised the ticket. The estimated delivery date is a farce. After getting used to prompt deliveries from Amazon and like boodmo experience feels like going back 10 years! Let me see when i will get the part!
I saw that boodmo also has Cedia parts; I checked the site to see the cheapest part I needed, turns out Gates alternator belt was listed for Rs 176. I placed the order on 1st July.

I kinda forgot about the order, I was reminded by a friend on 18th. I sent them a message asking the status and I got a call back from them siting no stock, GST issues blah blah. I could clearly make out they're making excuses on the fly and these were,t the real reasons. They said they'd refund me the money.

Surprisingly, I got a call next day saying they got the part and they'll ship it. I got it after couple of days.

Name:  gates.jpeg
Views: 788
Size:  99.7 KB

Will I order from them again? I dont know. They're surely one step above my last resort of dealing with moronic shops on JC road.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you buy Spares & Parts online? Cartman The Indian Car Scene 130 29th November 2017 00:02
Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched Aditya The Indian Car Scene 38 23rd January 2017 18:26
Most ever users online. EDIT : 14,753 online on 8th August, 2011! theragingbull Shifting gears 15 24th September 2010 16:24
Suzuki parts catalog online Irfanulla Technical Stuff 0 21st March 2010 23:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks