Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 13th December 2009, 19:22   #181
BHPian

Yeah this would aid in getting the hot air outta the engine bay. As it is hot air goes up. When air moves over the vents at speed, it'll create negative pressure on top of the vent thereby sucking out the air from inside.. Fresh air would come into the bay through the redirected vents at the side of the front bumpers and partially through the one in the middle!
Old 13th December 2009, 20:16   #182
BHPian

it looks really nice james. Its the bumper grill and head lamps which is not doing justice to the cars look in my opinion.

how does the drive feel ? whats the power like , when you put your foot down ?

I suppose, I can only dream and visualise !( a bit of jealousy here lol )

have fun guys !
Old 13th December 2009, 20:19   #183
BHPian

I also feel the same.
We all know Harrie chap is not a person anybody will deal with and he'll not return your money back.

Better close this thread.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:10   #184
BHPian

Thanks, Vdiatech! Next thing to be changed are the headlamps. They are pretty useless and as they are duplicate ones, they cant be adjusted. Will search for a good pair of projctor lamps while im in bangalore for a day.
Well, my friend wanted to change the bumper to a better looking and lower one. But i was against it. We discussed the cons and he finally dropped the idea for the time being. We just dont have good smooth roads here. No point in putting flashy bumpers just to have them pop out after hitting a pot hole.
The car is fun to drive. It feels just like the 2.4 MT accord. But the scary part is the torque steer. She pulls quite hard to the left when i change gears and stomp on the pedal at high revs. The left mag has a few bends though. Not sure if that is making the torque steer so noticeable!
Old 13th December 2009, 22:24   #185
BHPian

Hi James, the bumper is fine, i meant just the grill part of it. I used to enjoy the torque steer of my Fiat coupe 20v turbo (used to pull mme like a rocket when i put my foot down). I do miss it loads. true torque steer, could be dangerous sometimes.

drive safe
Old 14th December 2009, 19:37   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Ill be driving the car to bangalore on the 18th from mysore side.(mangalore-madikeri-mysore-bangalore) Could someone please tell me how to get into town and reach race dynamics workshop in koramangala?
we can have a small T-BHP meet too @ race dymamics .
Old 14th December 2009, 23:17   #187
BHPian

Maruthi, I agree with you. the chrome grille should've been mat black or so.. This is a bit too bling..
Torque steer is quite scary.. especially while overtaking when you step on the gas, the car suddenly darts towards the side of the vehicle im overtaking..

LivYD, Yeah! why not!?? Sounds good to me!

Last edited by james : 14th December 2009 at 23:18.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:59   #188
BHPian

glad to see that you have moved on. no point in floggin a dead horse.

hope we all learn from this episode and be more careful in commercial dealings
Old 16th December 2009, 15:34   #189
BHPian

Absolutely right, Cougar! I just hope people think twice before going to Harrie for any work.

Mods,
Could you please go ahead and lock this topic? It has served its purpose to a great extent.
Thank you,
Zahin Aranha
Old 17th December 2009, 09:08   #190
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

At the request of the thread starter, this topic is now closed.
Closed Thread