Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 13:04   #61
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

@ James, quite a bad experience that too after buying a fast car with so much enthusiasm.

Same time, an used car is sold as-is no matter whatever problem is in the car and its the duty of the buyer to check the same. An oversight at times places the seller and buyer in an uncomfortable position.

Hope atleast now you realised that things are not moving forward as expected and I feel that you/friend should move on with paint job rather than waiting for the paint and parallely should look at recovering the money back.

what is this parking fee stuff, does that dealer charge parking fee for the time the car is with them?
ikoneer is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 13:33   #62
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
what is this parking fee stuff, does that dealer charge parking fee for the time the car is with them?
When the vehile is given in for work, the service advisor tells the owner how long it'll take to do the work. once the work is completed, the owner is given a day or two to take the car off their premises. If the owner fails to do so, the dealer will levy parking charges. Different palces charge different amounts. They do this because people sometimes tend to leave their cars there for days, weeks and even months at a stretch. This reduces the parking place for vehicles that come in for service/repairs. Plus they can earn some extra money!
james is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 17:23   #63
Newbie
 
stryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 0 Times
Question just adding what i know..

AFAIK he has not been in town over the past two weeks. Last i spoke he was in north karnataka sorting out some problems with regards to the foundry.
Let me try and get some points clear here. Not meaning to justify anything, but I was spending almost 6 hours in his place everyday when my turbo build was done and know whats been happening there.

1. i hope the car was sold on a as is where is basis. Nothing was removed or changed after you paid the money and the car was sold..? right?

2. I heard about the belt snapping on the way to bangalore and the car hitting a huge pot hole and breaking the rims and tires. You think there could be a suspension damage because of this?

3. Regarding the paint, its not a custom mix shade. Its available off the shelf from dupont - its called "fire opal red".
I was very much in the garage when he was talking about having to find a way to ship the paints across. If its not possible to ship it out, I am sure you'll get your cash back.

4. From my experience it has never been a issue about cash. i had dealt with him for visual mods for almost from the begining years for myself and for my friends.
i also heard that after you paid for the car you got a spare rim, tire and some electrical accessories worth at the minimum 4k? just mentioning all these since "every penny is worthy" kinda talk came up..

@ v1p3r - any personal vengence? i think this thread is not about it.
stryder is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 18:01   #64
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryder View Post
AFAIK he has not been in town over the past two weeks. Last i spoke he was in north karnataka sorting out some problems with regards to the foundry.
Let me try and get some points clear here. Not meaning to justify anything, but I was spending almost 6 hours in his place everyday when my turbo build was done and know whats been happening there.

1. i hope the car was sold on a as is where is basis. Nothing was removed or changed after you paid the money and the car was sold..? right?

2. I heard about the belt snapping on the way to bangalore and the car hitting a huge pot hole and breaking the rims and tires. You think there could be a suspension damage because of this?

3. Regarding the paint, its not a custom mix shade. Its available off the shelf from dupont - its called "fire opal red".
I was very much in the garage when he was talking about having to find a way to ship the paints across. If its not possible to ship it out, I am sure you'll get your cash back.

4. From my experience it has never been a issue about cash. i had dealt with him for visual mods for almost from the begining years for myself and for my friends.
i also heard that after you paid for the car you got a spare rim, tire and some electrical accessories worth at the minimum 4k? just mentioning all these since "every penny is worthy" kinda talk came up..

@ v1p3r - any personal vengence? i think this thread is not about it.
Stryder, you are talking about 2-3 weeks and i am talking about over a month. Does he not carry his phone with him when he is out of town? When he knows we are waiting for the stuff, is it not his duty to get in touch with us and inform us about the delay?

1. Right! But this doesnt make a difference! I have already mentioned umteen times that we were happy with the car and the first part of my post was like a travelogue/experience and the 2nd part is what really matters. Please go through the whole thread, sir!!!

2. The front hit the pothole and the rim cracked. Tyre was fine. The rear suspension was making sound right from the begining. We were told that it was cause of the HKS muffler hitting the mount or somehting.. didnt give it a second though as it was going to be replaced with a more silent muffler. Agan, we never blamed Harris or called him a cheat or even spoke of a refund. These things are just a part and parcel of buying a second hand car. There are a lotta things that conked off (ac for one) but i havent mentioned it cause it doesnt really matter!!

3. Regarding the paint, we were given to understand that its a custom shade. He told us very clearly that he mixed the paint himself. Besides, didnt he know that the courier guys do not accept it? If that was the problem, he could've told us that we could get the paint at any dupont store and not mislead us.

4. The spare rim and tyre were in the car before we made the payment. He didnt put it in later and do us a favor. If we didnt open the boot, the topic of the wheel would never have come up in the first place. While we were out having the horn fixed, he said something about having sourced 5 wheels for someone but he kept back one/ the owner wanted 4. I agree about the horn. Its 600 bucks. besides, his fitter did such a fabulous job that the bolt went straight into the raidator due to flexible metal mounts.

Have i missed out on anything?

@Mods, the topic name was changed this morning. Could you please take off the "Bad experience with buying a Mivec Lancer" part? This makes it sound like we are unhappy with the car and we are grumbling about it.
This topic basically revolves around the services that we didnt receive even though they were paid for. I feel the original topic name was quite apt. Thanks!

Last edited by james : 24th November 2009 at 18:07. Reason: Needed to add a note for the mods.
james is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 18:13   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryder View Post
AFAIK he has not been in town over the past two weeks.
Its shows that he is communicating to you and not to the OP. Harrie come forward and finish this.
wildon is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 21:20   #66
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 642
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

5 pages!! On the lighter side, Harrie please come onto this thread, I can already see your name changed to Harris, Hartis, Harry and what not lol!!!
ssjr0498 is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 21:25   #67
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,404
Thanked: 4,093 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
@Mods, the topic name was changed this morning. Could you please take off the "Bad experience with buying a Mivec Lancer" part? This makes it sound like we are unhappy with the car and we are grumbling about it.
This topic basically revolves around the services that we didnt receive even though they were paid for. I feel the original topic name was quite apt. Thanks!
So what do you want to name it?
Rudra Sen is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 21:32   #68
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

But i was directed to a thread on another automobile related forum where a member accused Harrie of cheating him. The thread was started in october and Harrie still hasnt answered the questions/ given his side of the story. Whats todays date? Nov 24th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
So what do you want to name it?
Someone has already renamed it, Rudra. This seems fine.
Initially, it was "could this be a case of cheating by a fellow team-bhpian".

Last edited by GTO : 25th November 2009 at 10:13. Reason: No personal attacks please
james is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 21:40   #69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Wow,

Its still a story of a cry baby.

Its not happy go lucky attitude. Its a story of buyer demanding more than his money.

Why is James money more valuable than Harry's money?

When James got freebies worth 4K and the bonnet re-done and much more from the same Harry he does not have a note of Appreciation, but because of the paint there is a big hue and cry.

Aw c'mon guys, grow up.

I see a different story from Stryder. Can anyone comment on this.

Lets not become keyboard warriors.

Harry..... !

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th November 2009 at 21:41.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 21:45   #70
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Wow,

Its still a story of a cry baby.

Its not happy go lucky attitude. Its a story of buyer demanding more than his money.

Why is James money more valuable than Harry's money?

When James got freebies worth 4K and the bonnet re-done and much more from the same Harry he does not have a note of Appreciation, but because of the paint there is a big hue and cry.

Aw c'mon guys, grow up.

I see a different story from Stryder. Can anyone comment on this.

Lets not become keyboard warriors.

Harry..... !
Ah common Pavan! Would you atleast read the replies before jumping to conclusions!! The only freebie was a horn.. A flimsy 600Rs worth horn that caused more damage. The tyre was a part of the deal and was in the car before the payment was made. He didnt put it in after the deal was made and money was paid. He wasnt doing us a favour!!

And what do you mean by free bonnet re-done? did you even read my posts?? 19.5k was paid for a new altered bonnet and paint. So if the paint was 7.5k + about 2k transport cahrge, he charged 10k for the bonnet. 10k to source a scrapped bonnet and to make vents in it.. Does 10k sound like FREE to you??


Care to elaborate on your statment- "Its a story of buyer demanding more than his money."?

Last edited by james : 24th November 2009 at 21:49. Reason: missed out on a point.
james is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 21:45   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

@James: You had mentoned about Harrie not picking your call (50 times a day)?
Why dont you try calling from another phone/number?
ZedMae is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 21:51   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
karthik247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR, HYD
Posts: 2,708
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Wow,
Its still a story of a cry baby.
Hmm, wouldn't you care if a few thousand rupees of yours was gone in the same way??

Some people seem they just want to back Harrie up without reading whats actually happened.

And Harrie has been logging onto his orkut and facebook profiles yday/today. I'm sure he has read this, but why isn't he coming forward to reply if there was no wrong on his side??

Last edited by karthik247 : 24th November 2009 at 21:53.
karthik247 is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 21:56   #73
BHPian
 
akshaymahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 482
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

pavan i really dont get where you are getting to. You strike a deal, pay someone money keeping your end of the deal and thus are entitled to the paint you paid for.
how does a free horn or for that matter a tire get in the story and make you seem like you are demanding to much?
next time you go shopping to any store where theres an offer, pay the amount for the product and bring just the free item back home.
akshaymahajan is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 22:21   #74
CDM
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 85
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Guys,

I think a lot of us are missing the point. I speak for myself but think that my view will be shared by others. When I see a car for sale by a fellow bhpian (i) I expect that the ad gives a correct representation of the car; and (ii) perhaps more importantly, I expect a genuine seller.

I am well aware that the buyer needs to check what he is buying but how many of us on t-bhp are technically sound. We may be enthusiasts but we are no technical experts. When a bhpian, that too a vehicle professional (this is the impression I got), offers a vehicle for sale, I would expect a geuine sale and a genuine seller. We cannot bring the t-bhp classifieds to unscrupulous used car dealer levels.

A lot has been said about the paint not being transportable. You cannot send can of paint by courier but you can certainly send them by other means. Harrie could simply have asked James to bear the additional cost or refunded his money if it was impossible to deliver the paint.

I do not want to be judgmental about Harrie but it does not appear that he was entirely honest to another bhpian. This, according to me, is the prime issue in this episode.

Only Harrie can clear the air but does not seem keen to do this as others have pointed out.

He should remember that silence is not always golden but is sometimes plain yellow.

CDM
CDM is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 22:33   #75
BHPian
 
ZENnist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

I must admit that Pavan's attitude is completely not accepatable. If you are not bothered about money why dont you pay James the amount he lost and be done with it?

If i use the same words some one used earlier, apparently neither did James and his friend placed a gun at Harrie's forehead and asked him for any freebies.

Talk about growing up!

@James - hope the issue gets resolved ASAP.
ZENnist is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
Need to get a paint job and Suspension job in Pune for my Santro vinit.merchant Modifications & Accessories 1 16th May 2008 12:52
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49
Custom Job for Petra Suspension ? dovin4 Modifications & Accessories 9 21st December 2005 00:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks