Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 22:49   #76
BHPian
 
amith.2974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Mr pavan, you dont seem to be reading the thread carefully enough. Its a very volatile situation, and you're not really helping anyone with your baseless comments.If you read the posts carefully enough you would have found that the bonnet was given back with a few dents (Even though the OP claims that it can be fixed, this is still unprofessional.)He did not get the bonnet re-done free of cost, he paid Harrie 19.5k for the same. I dont see why he should have a "note of appreciation" for this. If thats the case then Harrie also owes the OP a "note of appreciation" for even buying his car. First you go ahead and call him a cry baby, and then you say lets not become keyboard warriors. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by amith.2974 : 24th November 2009 at 23:07. Reason: missed a few points
amith.2974 is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 22:56   #77
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedMae View Post
@James: You had mentoned about Harrie not picking your call (50 times a day)?
Why dont you try calling from another phone/number?
Zed, I tried calling from another number a coupla times. Most of the times the phone was answered but no one spoke. I guessing he heard my voice and decided not to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENnist View Post
@James - hope the issue gets resolved ASAP.
I hope so too, Zennist.

@Karthik, Zennist, AkshayMahajan, CDM, Amit: i couldnt have said it better myself! Thanks for helping and explaining things to Pavan. i dont know why he isnt reading my posts properly and behaving in such an immature manner.

@Pavan, why do you keep telling me to forget about the money? I really dont get your point!

I have tried answering everyones queries in the last 6 pages and the last thing i need now i someone coming along and making me explain the whole thing all over again and just being difficult. Nothing personal! Please do read the entire discussion before commenting.

I am trying to sort this out in a mature way without misguiding, giving a shot at personal attacks etc. The last thing i want is to have a fight here and get banned or infracted. I have always abided by the tbhp rules and would like to continue to do so.
Thx


EDIT:
Again, for Pavan's sake, I am explaining the cost breakup.

The total amount paid to Harrie was 19.5k. Amount was transfered to his a/c from here. We have the counterfoil.

Courier - 2k ( for bonnet and paint. It was supposed to be 500 bucks but increased due to a problem with courier)

paint- 7.5k ( never received! THIS IS THE REASON BEHIND THIS THREAD]

Bonnet- 10k. (This includes getting a bonnet from the scrap yard and doing it up)

1. We did not send him the original bonnet as we wanted to retain it.
2. Work done on the bonnet was decent with the vent done quite well.
3. Bonnet was damaged a bit in transit. Again, it wasnt his fault. He had initially packed it in a wooden crate, i believe. As it was too heavy, he was asked to use lighter packing. We didnt bother bout the dents as metal can be fixed.
4. The base finish on the bonnet was horrible. Bubbles started forming and the base paint/putty(gray stuff) started peeling and chipping off! Again, not a problem as we were willing to re-do this before painting.
5. Paint never reached for a month!! uh-oh!! what do i do!?!? :(

Last edited by james : 24th November 2009 at 23:15. Reason: typos! lots and lots of typos..lol..
james is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:18   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
karthik247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR, HYD
Posts: 2,708
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

OK here's my story.

A few weeks back, i was on the lookout for a set of 4tires. I posted a thread regarding the same on another forum too. Got a few replies, but since Harrie had a good offer for me, i gave him a call, fixed the deal and transferred the money to his account. He said he would send me the tires through a bus service so i should be getting it the next day or so. Since i didn't get it even after 3-4days, i gave him a call, and he answered and said he had been out of town and hence the delay, and that he would send it asap the very next day. He even said he put it on the bus and that i can go pick it up from Kalasipalyam. I even drove all the way there the next day only to know that there was nothing.

Now after that, its been maybe 15days now and still no sign of Harrie. Maybe he really is held up with work, or is out of town or whatever it may be.. the least he could do is inform me about the situation. I call him almost everyday and the phone rings, but no one answers. Yet to get a reply for the PM's/SMS's.
karthik247 is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:22   #79
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Ladies and gentlemen, Behold!! another case of suffering and misery at the hands of Harrie.

Karthik, Thanks for posting up here.. It was getting hard for me to handle the crowd all by myself!
james is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:27   #80
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

To all you keyboard warriors. This is a place to chill out, lot of newbies are talking things tooooo seriously.

Enough of one sided verbal assalults. I am not a seller, everybody better understand that.

As everyone is entitled to give suggestion, i gave mine, take it or leave it.

Does anyone know how this purchase was made, niether do i.

By our nature we are not the ones to keep quite, we always poke our nose in others business.

As a buyer you just cant make a fool of yourself and later cry over it. When you were in a tearing hurry and as careless during your purchase and over looked lots of things. Why rant about it now.

Its a universal nature of a seller and buyer, i've never sold anything so far in my life, and neither am i interested, but during my buys, i finish my buying business once in for all and later will never get back and bother the seller.

I am only telling James to get on with his car, if the seller is not interested in responding, why break head.

Its better to rectify things , than take all the trouble.

I did make some comments, but everyone here is doing the same. To each his own.

6 pages and the seller is not even answering, thats the only reason i am saying you to forget the money, why spoil your day.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th November 2009 at 23:33.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:30   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
karthik247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR, HYD
Posts: 2,708
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I am only telling James to get on with his car, if the seller is not interested in responding, why break head.
BECAUSE, his money is whats involved here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
6 pages and the seller is not even answering, thats the only reason i am saying you to forget the money, why spoil your day.
Dude, are u kidding?? How can you even say something like 'forget the money'?? Its not like everyone has excess of it so as to just let it go. You're probably saying that so easily because you don't have anything to gain or lose, right?

Last edited by karthik247 : 24th November 2009 at 23:37.
karthik247 is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:38   #82
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
As a buyer you just cant make a fool of yourself and later cry over it. When you were in a tearing hurry and as careless during your purchase and over looked lots of things. Why rant about it now..
WILL YOU PLEASE STOP BRINGING THE CAR INTO THE PICTURE!! THE CAR WAS BOUGHT IN JULY AND WE DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BUYING THE CAR IN AS IS WHERE IS CONDITION!!!!! PERIOD!!!!

THE BONNET DEAL WAS STRUCK IN AUGUST/SEPTEMBER AND THE PAYMENT WAS MADE SEPERATELY FOR THAT. WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND THAT, SAAR??
EVEN THOUGH BY SEPTEMBER WE KNEW ALL THE DRAWBACKS OF THE CAR, WE STILL APPROACHED HARRIE WITH A CLEAR MIND ASKING HIM FOR HIS SERVICES IN MODIFYING A BONNET. WE DID NOT HOLD ANYTHING AGAINST HIM OR HOLD HIM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR.

How would you like it if you pay someone 20k for some assorted parts for your VW and that guy just disappears?? Would you be happy about it? wouldnt you want the promised parts/refund? Or would you instead put on some bangles and sit saying its ok, I anway had excess money in my account!! I believe you would try getting the parts/refund like the rest of us would!!

P.S. yes! i am shouting! Would anyone else here like to try his hand at explaing the situation to Pavan? Im really tired and might say something i shouldnt.

Last edited by james : 24th November 2009 at 23:47.
james is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:42   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 1,445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
BECAUSE, his money is whats involved here
Dude karthik,stop telling Pavan whats the scene here. Even if ya tell hundred times also this guy wont understand
@ James-Sorry bro i think no one can.Some things are just impossible

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 24th November 2009 at 23:47.
Unknownsatan is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:44   #84
BHPian
 
amith.2974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
As a buyer you just cant make a fool of yourself and later cry over it. When you were in a tearing hurry and as careless during your purchase and over looked lots of things. Why rant about it now.

I am only telling James to get on with his car, if the seller is not interested in responding, why break head.

Its better to rectify things , than take all the trouble
.
I dear say Mr pavan, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD RIGHT FROM PAGE ONE. He is not complaining about the car at all. How could you even say something like "if the seller is not interested in responding, why break head". His money is at stake.

Last edited by amith.2974 : 24th November 2009 at 23:50.
amith.2974 is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:51   #85
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,752
Thanked: 7,475 Times
Default

Kindly request third parties to avoid flaming up the issue further, we can judge further (in detail) once the other party replies.

@James: you have made your points clear (you can avoid the shouting though ).

Please PM Mod team if you wish to lock the thread for the time being, till the other party replies or gets in touch with a resolution?
Jaggu is online now  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:53   #86
CDM
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 85
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

James & Pavan, relax guys, the issue is not between the two of you and lets keep it that way. I guess it is just a difference in perception as to how to go about a problem.

However, as I had said earlier, the prime issue is of trust of one bhpian on another.

A question which arises in the present situation is whether Harrie, in view of at least two serious allegations against him, be allowed to continue to sell stuff in the classifieds section (he still has 4 ads there) till he responds.

Perhaps one of the moderators would like to comment?

CDM
CDM is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:53   #87
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

@James: you have made your points clear (you can avoid the shouting though ).

Please PM Mod team if you wish to lock the thread for the time being, till the other party replies or gets in touch with a resolution?
Jaggu, I believe you have been following this thread (and correcting my mistakes aswell). Im sure you understand my frustration.
I wanted to PM the mods to lock the thread but then decided against it as i dont think harrie will reply in the near future for whatever reason. Slowly, people who feel they have been cheated by harrie are coming out and posting up in this thread.
Im hoping the rest of the guys who PM'd me will come forward with their stories. it'll help make my case stronger and help them at the same time. I will not mention their names as they approached me in confidence.
Thanks mate!

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th November 2009 at 00:07. Reason: Editing out the personal attack part, thanks
james is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 23:54   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Just read through this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I am only telling James to get on with his car, if the seller is not interested in responding, why break head.

Its better to rectify things , than take all the trouble.
From what I read here, @james IS taking steps to rectify things on his own and get on with the car.

Buttt, he also wants a refund for stuff he has paid for and not received. Wonder what is wrong with him feeling 7.5K is worth the trouble.
shuvc is offline  
Old 25th November 2009, 00:00   #89
BHPian
 
Edsel Rulez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

The simple moral is: if you can't help with constructive advice, it's better to shut up. Careless or not, I can imagine what it's like to feel shortchanged after someone lets you down. However, I'll reserve my opinion till the other party has explained their side of the argument. His studied silence doesn't look good though. Anyway, I hope the matter is resolved soon.
Edsel Rulez! is offline  
Old 25th November 2009, 00:03   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Harry boy does'nt seem to be interested in clearing the air
I too think so, but Pavan your comments were like "Rubbing salt in the wound".

Stryder's version of information is incorrect
Quote:
AFAIK he has not been in town over the past two weeks. Last i spoke he was in north karnataka sorting out some problems with regards to the foundry.
as Harrie 's last activity on T-Bhp recorded as

Quote:
Last Activity: 23rd November 2009 15:31
@james

Don't wait for paint, try to get the paint from the local sources meantime, and wait and watch whether Harrie pay back the money.
wildon is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
Need to get a paint job and Suspension job in Pune for my Santro vinit.merchant Modifications & Accessories 1 16th May 2008 12:52
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49
Custom Job for Petra Suspension ? dovin4 Modifications & Accessories 9 21st December 2005 00:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks