Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th April 2018, 17:29   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tuning Box versus Remaps (Diesel tuning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Awaiting dyno figures since last year
I'm sure it will be great, but want to see potential.
I know!! The problem is bench flash in S-Cross 1.6. I don't want to dyno only on tuned file. Anyways I have timed the car with G tech / V box and the results were better than my expectations. Yes, it would be interesting to see the actual gains on paper too .
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2018, 21:17   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
They are not available for many common Indian cars. For those concerned about warranty and want better mid range performance, RD dual channel box is a good option.

If you are willing to spend more, Unichip is great option too. Sankar has got 567 NM torque with Unichip in his Crysta. Again it depends on the car and Unichip compatibility / support.
Thanks a lot Doc.

Looks like Spitfire (http://www.spitfire.co.in/ is the only authorised dealer for Unichip in TN. Enquired about their prices for plug and play tuning boxes (XUV500) & its only around 12% expensive than RD.

PS: Attaching the contact & address of Spitfire as their mobile # is not in website
Attached Thumbnails
Tuning Box versus Remaps (Diesel tuning)-spitfire.jpeg  

Last edited by Surprise : 27th April 2018 at 21:18.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2018, 10:53   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
They primarily cause the engine to run much richer than normal and in turn cause carbon/soot buildup in the block which causes much more wear long term..
Also the other way i see it as not always we will be on power mode, does it not mean the running is as good as stock.

You mentioned about Carbon/Soot build up in longer term, Is it possible to quantify in terms of KMS?

Googled to check out, if premium diesel could help in this matter. No wonder again I landed on a TBHP thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-diesel-7.html (Diff between Speed diesel, Xtra premium diesel and regular diesel)
Old 29th April 2018, 08:48   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Thanks a lot Doc.

Looks like Spitfire (http://www.spitfire.co.in/ is the only authorised dealer for Unichip in TN. Enquired about their prices for plug and play tuning boxes (XUV500) & its only around 12% expensive than RD.

PS: Attaching the contact & address of Spitfire as their mobile # is not in website
Can you share more details of the box and the pricing. I'm also looking out for something for XUV 500. Was planning remap but not able to find much options for remap for XUV.
saurabhkum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2018, 22:45   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Can you share more details of the box and the pricing. I'm also looking out for something for XUV 500. Was planning remap but not able to find much options for remap for XUV.
Iam yet the finalize on the tuning box for XUV5OO. RD & Unichip (Dealer spitfire, TN) are the two options. For remaps, you can get in touch with http://www.wolfmoto.com/