Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 28th November 2009, 19:37   #16
Team-BHP Support

@Suhas - i have a Philips HID kit installed in my Punto, practically they work extremely well without scatter, Brilliant brightness and superb beam control. Highly recommended, i assure it has no side effects.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 19:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
A long overdue thread, buddy! Btw, there was a DIY projectors thread for the Getz- check and see if you can do something like that for your ride too - am hunting for BMW's projectors here
Jayanth you are in philipines right?thats what prasy told me.anyways,any asian country would easily have projectors.what we need is a H4 Bixenon projector.i actually found one on ebay for USD 147.free shipping to India.it even has the xenon kit,sealent,angel eyes included.BTW jayanth get me one dual din player when you come back.make sure that you get me a touchscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Those on the getz were super hot. But the pricing was coming to around 10k+ easily. Now its 2 options. Either retro fit these DIY style lamps or get the aftermarket ones from UK which have 2 projectors. Its finally upto vignesh to decide
Sagar i wish i was rich,i really need good projectors and also a dual DIN audio setup now.
vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 19:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Sagar i wish i was rich,i really need good projectors and also a dual DIN audio setup now.
Haha, who wouldn't want to be rich? then my car would be a petrol monster for sure Go for the headlights man, its worth the effort as its a big + factor for visibility and safety.

Am slowly getting brainwashed myself for a petes and air filter. God save me!
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 10:10   #19
Team-BHP Support

Aftermarket projectors for improving visiblity is not a great idea though for bling reasons it may be worth it. I have seen people selling their projector kits after some time.

A Petes kit would definitely make your Car better.
Old 29th November 2009, 11:02   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@Suhas - i have a Philips HID kit installed in my Punto, practically they work extremely well without scatter, Brilliant brightness and superb beam control. Highly recommended, i assure it has no side effects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Aftermarket projectors for improving visiblity is not a great idea though for bling reasons it may be worth it. I have seen people selling their projector kits after some time.

A Petes kit would definitely make your Car better.
Are you sure that the beam isn't scattered? That's the reason why I didn't go in for HIDs on my Civic. The 'Angel Eyes' IMO look a bit cheap and aftermarket. Besides my Father wouldn't like experimenting by getting a projector retro-fitted and DIYed so we decided to forgo the entire plan.

Why don't you try out projectors + HIDs, you'll be able to see the difference! Trust me! There is a huge, massive difference. The regular cluster will never be able to focus HID beams the way projectors do. Give it a try!

The Pete's kit would be a whole lot more useful. I agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Haha, who wouldn't want to be rich? then my car would be a petrol monster for sure Go for the headlights man, its worth the effort as its a big + factor for visibility and safety.

Am slowly getting brainwashed myself for a petes and air filter. God save me!
There is nothing like the combination of a Green filter and a Pete's box for starters!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 12:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

@suhaas - I am sure the HID is working great, why fix if aint broke?. Will get it confirmed by other bhpians too at next Gurgaon meet.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
So i am thinking of Projectors upfront.We get the projectors,angel eyes+HID kit for dirt cheap from Taiwan.The same is the case of taillights as well.
So now coming to the point,I need min.20 pairs of order of both the stuff.So that i can get it through my contacts in Taiwan.
Hey, i am here in taiwan right now, do you know the store/place to get these stuffs? at what price can i get it here?
blinkjona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 21:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkjona View Post
Hey, i am here in taiwan right now, do you know the store/place to get these stuffs? at what price can i get it here?
ooh great.
Y B S

is the site..which is the maufacturers site...I have spoken to the incharge of that companys performance lamps divison called LISA.She said if i go to Taipei i can collect it from them..she is here
ANTRC INDUSTRIAL CORP.
NO.74-51 TOUHU NEIGHBOR 9 HU NAN VILLAGE,LINKOU TOWNSHIP,TAIPEI COUNTY,TAIWAN,R.O.C.
TEL: + 886-2-26036269 FAX: +886-2-26036769

But you can get H4 bi xenon(both beams in same projector) easily anywhere.if you can buy one for me,it would be easy.should cost you only in the range of 5k.keep me posted.BTW do you have a Punto??this is an address of a company
Farstar Industrial Co., Ltd. (Taipei Head Office)
P.O.Box : 81-505, Taipei, Taiwan
(Taiwan Headquarter)
6F, No. 26, Ching Cheng St
Sung Shan District
Taipei
Taiwan 105
Tel: (886 2) 27128933~4/ (886 2) 27186047
Fax: (886 2) 27165377/ (886 2) 27186056
Homepage: Farstar Industrial Co., Ltd.-- auto parts & accessories jeep 4X4 acces auto mirror handsfree car kit Taiwan China
Vignesh

Last edited by vigneshram : 1st December 2009 at 22:00.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
BTW do you have a Punto??
yes i have bossana white dynamic petrol

will check m out this weekend and keep you posted...thanks for the info... cheers
Old 2nd December 2009, 07:52   #25
BHPian

@blinkjona
ooh great.even i have a dynamic diesel.so yours must be a 1.4L petrol right.anyways you need any further details,i can help you out,btw when are you coming back?i think u might find these type of headlights too.i am posting a pic of the dome,with 2 projectors setup.That YBS website has pretty much all the stuff.Also check for a Double Din touch screen DVD player.I have pm'ed you the details.see my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-possible.html
Attached Images

Last edited by vigneshram : 2nd December 2009 at 07:53.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:21   #26
BHPian

@vignesh, will be heading back to blore next weekend 11th. when you say headlights, its not the full setup/console but only the lights right (pardon me ignorance). like this HID BI-XENON PROJECTOR LENS LIGHT ???
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:42   #27
BHPian

ya right.either projectors alone or full headlamp assy.as shown.btw
FIAT-ACCESSORY direct from Taiwan

this is the link of the seller who sells the headlamp as shown in page1.you can visit.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:31   #28
BHPian

Any updates on these? I tried sourcing a pair of projector style headlamp clusters from the UK and it's ringing up to 10K which seems like a bit too much really.
khan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 23:26   #29
BHPian

Any more updates here?
Did anyone source / fit / retrofit projector setup on Punto?

I was thinking about bi-xenon retrofitted projector setup.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 09:14   #30
BHPian

Guys please post pics if any one has got the projector setup installed on Punto, can't wait to see how does the car look like
Wind splitter is offline   Reply With Quote