Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 1st December 2009, 21:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

I do not have any experience in dealing with viper. The quality of the product you have received may be bad. You may have some valid reasons to get it from Mumbai rather than getting from your place. But you made some critical errors in this deal -

1. Voiding the warranty by making alteration.
2. Not allowing the installer to communicate with you over phone. Once the full payment is made, you are totally dependant on the installer than the other way around.

I can make out that you are feeling very bad over losing money and the current situation of your car. There is nothing much you can do now. We are humans and it is natural to make mistakes or take decisions which may result in a bad experience. These experiences make us a better person. Do not lose heart brother. May Allah take care of you.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:12   #92
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Let us imagine you go to Levi's and get a ready made pair of jeans. Upon coming home you realise they do not fit you so instead of asking Levi's to replace/alter/change them, being the impatient soul you have yourself agreed to being, ask a tailor to fit it right. Now its gone worse, so you trot to Levi's and ask them to change your Jeans or refund your money back. I dont think Levi's is going to oblige. In fact they ought not to.
Bingo, this is exactly the same example which came to my mind when i first read the thred.

Well, I do not know Viper, never used any product from him, neither do have any FFE setup on any of my cars. But wait, wasn't it supposed to be a REVIEW thread? I have read tons of reviews about tons of products, this thread by no way sounds like review of the product or service.

You mentioned your experience with the product and the tuner, now let others decide who is right and wrong.

In my opinion, you recieved a product which you believe (or your installer believed) had defects, then the best way to tackle it is to get back to supplier, talk to him about the problems (take help of experts, other tuners, or the forum if both parties dont agree that there is a problem) and once agreed on the problem, negotiate about replacement/refund.

But since you have already tampered/altered the product, there is no way to prove that the FFE supplied to you had problems. Remember, even for the calculater or a wrist watch which costs as low as 200 or 500 bucks, the manufacturer does not take any responsibility even if you open it once.

Cars are complex machines and any part or extra fitment requires lot of calculations, nothing is a 2 min job my friend. In your case the only 2 min solution could have been to switch back to stock part and then take up the matter with supplier, other tuners, experts, forum etc as mentioned earlier.

Me as a car lover can just suggest one things, talk to Viper and try to find the best solution to fix issues with your FFE or wait till you can get a FFE from another supplier. We love cars and thats why we are here, all the blamegame or even the refund is not the best solution for the car, so do work to resolve problem with your car.

Enjoy your ride and i wish you trouble free and pleasurable drives with your current and future cars.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:59   #93
BHPian

Vdiatech, as many have pointed out there is no point in passing the buck. What you need now is a solution to get the FFE installed on your car. My personal suggestion is get over the phone with Viper and sort out the issue. As far as documentation is required you have this whole thread on Team-Bhp.

PS : Lot of issues can be sorted out with direct conversation, just give it a shot and wishing you all the best.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:08   #94
BHPian

i suggest you check out the international corsa forums and look for where the design has gone wrong and try to make the necessary changes locally.viper would do it for you but it would be pointless for you to send it back.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Can Viper in all honesty say that he fitted the FFE on a bone stock Corsa and test it? If he did not, the benefit of doubt should be given to the customer and he should send a free replacement. If he did, were there fitment problems that vdiatech has mentioned? If he had, then he should have sent sufficient documentation/sketches etc. for proper fitment. If he did, why were the leaks not detected? If he did not have any fitment problems or leaks when he tested the FFE, then the benefit of doubt should be with Viper.

Vdiatech should not have modified the FFE without Viper's consent and should have talked to him. That is the only fault I see with him.

All the others speaking about him as threatening to blackmail/malign viper etc. pause to think for a moment. This is exactly what a whole lot of forum members do (or have done) when they have issues with dealers, banks, manufacturers, insurance companies etc. Many of us tell those guys that we will go public with negative publicity if they do not resolve our issues. So I feel it is a typical example of a kettle calling the pot black.

Last edited by pjbiju : 2nd December 2009 at 10:36.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:39   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Can Viper in all honesty say that he fitted the FFE on a bone stock Corsa and test it? If he did not, the benefit of doubt should be given to the customer and he should send a free replacement.
Agreed. But tampering with the fitment even before agreeing to replace the headers, and then demanding a replacement/refund is totally uncalled for!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd December 2009 at 10:42.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:10   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Vdiatech,
Lot of issues can be sorted out with direct conversation, just give it a shot and wishing you all the best.
Vdiatech,

Please do talk.

You are the customer & you are entitled to get good service. But give a chance to the supplier to sort out the issue (ofcourse not at his own pace)

I don't understand the cry for "evidence" Does the FFE supplier got any evidence that this piece fitted exactly in a Corsa or does he got any Quality check for his product?

Viper has been doing FFEs & Why can't he give an installation procedure for such offsite customers? He is not having these issues of mismatch for the first time.

The LEVIS' example is a bit out of track.
Has anyone seen an Obese Corsa or a size zero Corsa.

So if the FFE is tailored for Corsa, it should fit in Corsa
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

When I wanted to install a conical filter onto my Swift, found that it required a customized piping to accommodate the same. Got the filters from PJSPEED & ordered for the pipe from VIPER. Got it delivered promptly and more importantly I was happy with the customized pipe that I got. Installation was from Electra Automotice (Chikki). I did check with Electra before deciding to go with Viper as it made sense to pay for both product 'n' shipping from Mumbai. Iam lucky in my case as it does went well.

If things does not go well, I would really appreciate vendor trying to call me to address it rather than dodging by not picking the calls. Resolving the problem is more important than documenting who is at fault. I could clearly understand how it pains, when all our plans goes for a toss after spending the amount on it.

Since you are already spend money on it, probably you can send photographs of the same to VIPER & check it out whether anything could be done at minimal costs. If yes, proceed with that. Its okay to spend another 30-40% extra rather than going for all new (ensure you will get a perfect product after all these exercises).

Else you can get VIPER's opinion & try it out from some local fabricators to save time and courier charges. If Viper confirms that it does not make sense to revive that product, dump it & use the stock one until you gather money for a all new FFE.

Thanks for putting this up. I remember someones signature reading.. " Learn from other mistakes as you do not live enough to make all mistakes yourself and learn from it"
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Narayan,
Arka, leave poor narayan out of this. He is Maruthi Prasanna. Should have stuck with a car of his namesake instead of going to GM.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:15   #100
BHPian

ok you guys just need to sort it out over the phone..
enough has already been said and done.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:27   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vdiatech,I would suggest get in touch with Jiggy,I am sure he will ought for the correct solution from his part,he will help you out the best way he can.Just stating long posts on the forum won't sort out the main issues,call him up talk to him or the best if your not comfortable on the phone atleast SMS/E-Mail him.

Sometimes communication gap gets the things going to worst,I'am a verdict.All the best.

Peace
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:37   #102
BHPian

first of all i make it very clear that i am not speaking on anyones side ,but my view is 1)videatech should have taken proper caution while deciding to book the product about the servicability of the product sourced from a distant place
2)you have many tuners in your place and you could have got the product fabricated in your place itself, i think knowin the constraints of fixing the product in corsa you were quoted more,
3)you shouldnt have allowed them to cut the header you should have kept your cool and had a word with the product provider as he ll give the solution for alteration or whatever ,
4)you should have had a word while buyin that you ll pay some % of the amount later as the product is fit properly so that he also is kept in a fix
5)i think still if YOU put down your ego and deal the matter in a straight forward way WITH the product provider HE will do the needful -COZ THE MATTER IS BEING DISCUSSED IN TEAMBHP AND I THINK EVERYONE HAS AN EYE ON THIS THREAD NOW HOPE THIS HELPS BOTH OF THEM -ONE LIFE WHY FIGHT
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:08   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
Vdiatech,

Please do talk.

You are the customer & you are entitled to get good service. But give a chance to the supplier to sort out the issue (ofcourse not at his own pace)

I don't understand the cry for "evidence" Does the FFE supplier got any evidence that this piece fitted exactly in a Corsa or does he got any Quality check for his product?

Viper has been doing FFEs & Why can't he give an installation procedure for such offsite customers? He is not having these issues of mismatch for the first time.

Well if the engine mounting is not well maintained, the headers won't fit properly....

When i went to get an FFE for my car, after fabrication it didn't fit properly, because some of the engine mounting points had broken...

Got the mounting fixed and the headers fit also
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:48   #104
BANNED

Honestly dude, you should not have messed up the header and everything else in your car. you should have returned it. i am Viper FFE user too and Jignesh is more than helpful.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:51   #105
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post

You stole my words sreejith,

Guys common we have a guy who has been saving money for months togather to get something for his car, and finally he gets what he wants and takes it to some local guy, who wants to make some money, he removes most of the things to make the install look complex so that he can extrot money at the end, and guess what the headers does not fit, our man now has no option but to revert to stock but the mech says there is little tweeking to be done which will fix it. Our man dosent have a choice but to oblige as as per his expectation(our all expectations) a bolt on part means plug and play. So this might be ~98% of what might have actually happened.

As sreejith pointed out this is not the first time viper is having an issue with his headers. Paul barber also faced an isse and there are others whose names i dont remember at the back of my head.

I agree vidyatec tampered with the headers but that dosent absolve viper for the moral responsibility of sending some one some untested part. viper if you can provide some proof that you tested them on some car it would definitly hold up your case, but again whay didnt this fit on this one. Rerouting the pipes(be it anything) should be probably the last resort, well i am sure vidyatec is not making that decission now.

Viper the product is faulty period. what happened after that, he cut it open blah ...blah is secondry, BTW do you have any documented terms and conditions that doing small tweeks to the header will voild warranty, and also what if there are leaks are we supposed to fix that ourselves or send it back to you? who will bear the shippment cost etc... I hope you does not shut your online trading shop after this incedance, but probably we all need answers to these questions, or else accept the product to be faulty and replace it, what you do with this one is your problem.

I know my tone is little harsh well i am trying to prove a small point here, if i am enraged reading this thread, i can understand what will be the man himself be going through who had to save and wait for over 6 months to get a crappy product.

@V12, you are again missing the point here, was the product faulty or not? You might have great relations with viper as you do repeat bussiness with him, and i am sure he takes good care of you as well, but here is one guy who lost his 6 month worth savings and has lost faith on the etrading completly.

Guys please forgive me if my tone is harsh but we all are condeming e trading here not the reason why e trading became painful in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Well if the engine mounting is not well maintained, the headers won't fit properly....

When i went to get an FFE for my car, after fabrication it didn't fit properly, because some of the engine mounting points had broken...

Got the mounting fixed and the headers fit also
Too many if's and but's!!!

Vidya please fight for your right. you have enough proof, you dont have to justify your stand in front of people after all your sufferings.

Pramod
Closed Thread