Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st December 2009, 23:58   #61
BHPian

Default black magic!

Thanx guys, ur appreciations make it worth all the effort to get it painted! I am still tryin to figure a way out to maintain the paint because it tends to attract dust very easily and its not so easy to get rid of the fingerprints. I came across some interestin ideas from other forums where users have found out ways to care for their matte black finishes:

1)Windex: glass and hard surface cleaner
2)spray furniture polish
3)scouring powder

or all you can do is to wash it with water and hope for the best. Actually this color doesn't have a shine to it so teflon, waxing and polishes are out of the picture because you don't want to get the car shiny as it will end up lookin like a metallic. I believe even the cloth with which i wipe the car is also leaving its marks on da car

Now for the killer! Just pray you don't get bird doopie on matte blacks! it being acidic, once it dries it won't come off easily. just wash it off before it etches on to the paint.

But man i would kill my gf for this color, just lovin every bit of it! Its kind of a hypnotisin, mysterious and enchanting color donno how else to put it! I am trippin for my ride have to admit it! now da projector setup like in this car would be scorching...
Attached Thumbnails
My matte black SX4!-image002.jpg  

dharmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:01   #62
BANNED

Dharmana, did your painter apply matte clearcoat on the paint?
blacmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
Dharmana, did your painter apply matte clearcoat on the paint?
thatz a nice matte color on your car, i don't think he applied a matte clear but its a gud thing to go for it though as it makes the paint easier to maintain than without a clear. But you don't wanna put too much clear else it might end up lookin too shiny which you definitely wouldn't want...
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:27   #64
BANNED

you should go for matte clearcoat. the thing is that fresh paint always looks cool until dirt begins to take its toll. if Ive learnt anything from my experience, your paint surface should now be rough and you will feel little pits when you run your hand over it; almost like very fine grit sandpaper. these pits will collect all manner of crap and that crap will not leave no matter what you do. thats where clearcoat helps, by making the surface smooth so that stuff doesnt embed itself in the paint. believe me, Ive had both experiences and maintaining the paint with clear is much easier.
with the proper combination, you should get a nice sheen on your car without getting too glossy.
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:29   #65
BHPian

The porsche mirage GT photo which i just posted was da inspiration for my color and it came out pretty close i guess... not bad for a paint job that imitates the paint on a 300,000$ car!!

Quote:
you should go for matte clearcoat. the thing is that fresh paint always looks cool until dirt begins to take its toll. if Ive learnt anything from my experience, your paint surface should now be rough and you will feel little pits when you run your hand over it; almost like very fine grit sandpaper. these pits will collect all manner of crap and that crap will not leave no matter what you do. thats where clearcoat helps, by making the surface smooth so that stuff doesnt embed itself in the paint. believe me, Ive had both experiences and maintaining the paint with clear is much easier.
with the proper combination, you should get a nice sheen on your car without getting too glossy.
you have a point there! had it in mind before the paint job but was so excited by the result, that i completely forgot!! I have to go for the correct combination of clear without making the car look too glossy. Without the clear, the rough paint surface has too much grip/friction and won't let go off the dust particles that stick to it, I will try that soon enough if this paint gives me sleepless nights

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd December 2009 at 09:09. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:42   #66
BANNED

not *if* bro, *when*. better do it sooner rather than later because then you will have to respray the paint and then clear on top. being prudent now will save you unnecessary expenditure later. take it from somebody who has been through this whole process thrice.
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
+1

No matter for what price yo uget it done, Once it is rated as a head turner, Price doesn't matter at all. Trust me, This is first ever SX4 which made my head turn, Even my friends who were travelling along with me in my car turned back and saw his car till the last second we could see it.
thanx man, i sure passed by chocolate room when you must have spotted me on that day. i will catch up with smokin to see if i can get a smokin projector setup, thanks for the lead!

Quote:
not *if* bro, *when*. better do it sooner rather than later because then you will have to respray the paint and then clear on top. being prudent now will save you unnecessary expenditure later. take it from somebody who has been through this whole process thrice.
point taken! prevention is better than cure so they say...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd December 2009 at 09:10. Reason: See note in post.
Old 2nd December 2009, 01:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

car looks brilliant..as already suggested,get black rims , tints , projector setup and lower your ride.

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 03:15   #69
BHPian

Ur ride looks Sweet. Just need the lowering kit and IMO bigger Meaner wheels
cadaver_prad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 03:23   #70
Senior - BHPian

Wow ,the car looks wicked....great job.!

Quote:
as already suggested,get black rims , tints , projector setup and lower your ride.
Ditto.
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:19   #71
BHPian

[quote=dharmana;1611097]Thanx guys, ur appreciations make it worth all the effort to get it painted! I am still tryin to figure a way out to maintain the paint because it tends to attract dust very easily and its not so easy to get rid of the fingerprints. I came across some interestin ideas from other forums where users have found out ways to care for their matte black finishes:
quote]

i was planning to go for the same paint on my car but a friend of mine got it done before me and it made me change my mind coz of the same reasons and also the fact that it absorbs a lot of heat..!
an actual satin black paint job out here in mumbai can range between 40-60k where as matte paints are dirt cheap..!
the only option i see is to clean it using a wet cloth at intervals.
i believe Arush from autopsyche has done a cedia and a swift in that shade.he would be the best person to advise you.
wildchild4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:50   #72
BHPian

The car looks sick man! Awesome. Never knew one would try it on a SX4.
Congrats. Beautifully done.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

Very nice. Except the rims should have been more gansta. Since it is matte black, it gives the upper portion a more heavier look. Try to get rims that are thicker. For reference, check some rims from Asanti and Dub.

Else it looks awesome
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:16   #74
BHPian

Default audio set up in my matte SX4

This are the pics of the audio system set up in the trunk of my SX4. I have posted them before but I couldn't resist having all my mods at one place so here we go...
Attached Thumbnails
My matte black SX4!-dscn2128.jpg  

My matte black SX4!-dscn2130.jpg  

My matte black SX4!-dscn2131.jpg  

My matte black SX4!-dscn2133.jpg  

My matte black SX4!-dscn2143.jpg  

My matte black SX4!-seats.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2009, 23:20   #75
BHPian

Nice, Pretty good man, Looks cool.
Where did you get this install done? In hyderabad or some other place?
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote