Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd August 2005, 11:08   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

no deathrow digital meters which replace ur existing in dash panels are not available for indian cars bcoz i have searched for them but in vain..maybe u can get them from abroad but compatability with our indian cars is a big problem...u can get digital speedos,tachs from autometer but are damn expensive..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 12:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey mclaren what happened did you go to the garage eager to know if it can be done so keep us informed

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 18:09   #18
BANNED

no rev couldnt go to the garage today as my uncle has gone out of station and all new guys have been employed so dont know most of them..waitin for him to come back and then maybe will visit him and enquire..will keep u guys informed on the developments dont worry...
Old 6th September 2005, 04:23   #19
BANNED

well its possible to change the colour of the in dash instrument cluster provided u change the colour of the filters to the colour of the replacing light..well the console filters are green in colour,so went today around a few car accessories shop searching for small LEDs to replace the OE lights in the dash,but didnt find any anywhere..well one guy said they normally dont stock such miniature LEDs but suggested that i check out in computer shops..so will be going to SP road tomorrow..btw the filter colour change will cost about 300 rs and the rest regarding the price of LEDs can post only after i successfully locate them and purchase them too..if i still cant manage to find these then there is a sale on ebay(INDIA) so will purchase it online..for further details check the links below..
http://cgi.ebay.in/BLUE-LIGHT-LED-BU...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.in/7-COLOUR-LED-WHEE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 6th September 2005, 14:10   #20
BHPian

hey
is it possible to make the make the esteem dial like the corrolla dial
.rs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2005, 14:33   #21
BHPian

How are you changing the filter color? new filter? Please let us know.....very intrested in this...green light make it look so dated. hoping for amber or blue.
MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2005, 14:55   #22
BANNED

well the oe filter colour is just scraped out using a thinner and a blade..then a very light coat of the wanted colour choice is applied..true mustangman blue and red will look hot..
rs:im not sure u can do up the cluster for the esteem like the corolla one(dont remember how the esteem one looks like,if the entire thing is in white then yes it can be done by changin the colour of the light) ..will check out and let u all know..
Old 14th September 2005, 00:23   #23
BANNED

hey revtech read ur post on the other thread regarding this..im not able to source the required LEDs for this mod dude,so have given up on this for the time being..im still looking for the LEDs have done extensive search on these LEDs and the philips headlamps but didnt find any in the market here..if it wasnt for rtech i would have never sourced the philips dealer too..well just waiting for him to give a call tomorrow as his stock arrives tomorrow hopefully..will enquire from him if he can source me these LEDs..pray that i get lucky..
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:04   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparco View Post
it doesnt make sense putting these bulbs in the zen because the dial part is greenish not white you can change to orange by putting red bulbs but blue/white wont make any sense... it wont make a difference... it can be done in the indica....my friends done it looks hott... you can only do it if uve got a white dial....
if you need details from where in mumbai to get it pm...
thx
sparco
Hi Sparco I m interested in one ..
I own a 1.2 Palio with stock greenish white illumination..
emancipated is offline   Reply With Quote