Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 13:05   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Some general-and specific questions about mods

i have some queries regarding some modifications-
1. I saw a vid on youtube today where a 'tail light tint' was used to smoke the rear light. is it some special kind of tint? i want to install 'zero' tint, is it possible? i know it afect illumination but the rear windsheild brakelight should do the job.
2. i saw a piggyback chip called chiptuning from europe for my innova. the car shows a 60nm of extra torque and it is thai-spec i beleive. what complications can occur if i instll it on my 200nm innova?
3. If i want to get a custom lip done on my car from the fibre guy, is it possible to integrate the lip INTO the bumper?
4. I have been wondering this one for days. how is a matte wrap versus a custom 3-stage paint? i am very much interested in knowing about both
5. Is there a possible way to convert stock lights into LED ones?
6. i have seen projectors for my ikon on indian sites as well as foreign. considering it is the same HL as the fiesta mk5, why is there a phenonmenal difference in prices? performance zone delhi's site shows a single lamp dirty looking ikon projector for 25k..... it's like a 6-year old child's DIY. however, essex racing site show a dual lamp-with angel eyes and LED strip-for 10k. but it is from UK. even if shipping charges are included it will cost max around 15-20k. why so?
Help will be highly appreciated.
Rajeev
rajeevatdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:47   #2
BHPian
 
Sprucegoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

1> There is this paint that is applied to the [tail] lights to tint them
These is also a mesh sort of thing that you can use on your head lights [apparently they do not affect the headlight throw much]

2> the Thai spec / europe spec innova will have differnet power ratings that the one sold in India. the piggyback chip might not give the same results on your car.
complications: more power = more wear & tear, i.e lowered life expectancy of the engine.
mileage could take a hit.

3> custom lip, if you mean flairing your wheel arches, yes.. you can also get a completely custom bumper.

4> no clue about this

5> Yes you can. i don't know specifics but its possible

6> AFAIK these headlights will be custom made.
different materials, differnet prices.
the performance zone ones might come with an HID kit where as the essex racing ones might come without it.
dual lamp projector headlights for a swift come for about 15 K [i think].
the market for Ikon lights might not be as good, hence higher prices.
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 14:13   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
1> There is this paint that is applied to the [tail] lights to tint them
These is also a mesh sort of thing that you can use on your head lights [apparently they do not affect the headlight throw much]

2> the Thai spec / europe spec innova will have differnet power ratings that the one sold in India. the piggyback chip might not give the same results on your car.
complications: more power = more wear & tear, i.e lowered life expectancy of the engine.
mileage could take a hit.

3> custom lip, if you mean flairing your wheel arches, yes.. you can also get a completely custom bumper.

4> no clue about this

5> Yes you can. i don't know specifics but its possible

6> AFAIK these headlights will be custom made.
different materials, differnet prices.
the performance zone ones might come with an HID kit where as the essex racing ones might come without it.
dual lamp projector headlights for a swift come for about 15 K [i think].
the market for Ikon lights might not be as good, hence higher prices.
1.> i asked about the tints, lol u forgot anout the real question
2. life expectancy? it quotes a very similar powerband to pete's...... just the torque is different, rest power and capacity of the engine are the same on the site
3. that's what i'm against. making a custom bumper. i want an add-on. i was asking if something could be bolted OVER it
4. no problem
5.^ same
6. dude, i don't think anyone gives HID's along with a projector. about the materials, should be similar. and btw the price for a product they are not getting sale for should be cheaper, to attract buyers. not woo them
rajeevatdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 15:04   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevatdelhi View Post
2. i saw a piggyback chip called chiptuning from europe for my innova. the car shows a 60nm of extra torque and it is thai-spec i beleive. what complications can occur if i instll it on my 200nm innova?

5. Is there a possible way to convert stock lights into LED ones?
6. i have seen projectors for my ikon on indian sites as well as foreign. considering it is the same HL as the fiesta mk5, why is there a phenonmenal difference in prices? performance zone delhi's site shows a single lamp dirty looking ikon projector for 25k..... it's like a 6-year old child's DIY. however, essex racing site show a dual lamp-with angel eyes and LED strip-for 10k. but it is from UK. even if shipping charges are included it will cost max around 15-20k. why so?
Help will be highly appreciated.
Rajeev
1) The maps will be tuned keeping the local atmosphere and fuel in mind, and could cause reliablity problems due to bad quality fuel in our country.

5) LED lights look cheap and tacky. Conversion is as easy as putting the headlights in a big oven to melt the adhesive, seperate the front/back assembly, do whatever you want keeping electrical requirements and important things in mind, then putting them back together.

6) Simple demand and supply principle. If just one company is importing these things, they can charge whatever they want as long as people buy the stuff. If there are two, they will compete.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 15:38   #5
BHPian
 
Sprucegoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
1. i asked about the tints, lol u forgot anout the real question
2. life expectancy? it quotes a very similar powerband to pete's...... just the torque is different, rest power and capacity of the engine are the same on the site
3. that's what i'm against. making a custom bumper. i want an add-on. i was asking if something could be bolted OVER it
4. no problem
5.^ same
6. dude, i don't think anyone gives HID's along with a projector. about the materials, should be similar. and btw the price for a product they are not getting sale for should be cheaper, to attract buyers. not woo them
1. hehe.. sorry about that
i think there is a special kind of paint, so that the light can shine through.
by 'zero' tints did you mean that no light shine through? [get the lights smoked & remove the bulbs inside]
or that it looks black, but the intensity of the light is not reduced? [get the lights smoked and put more powerful bulbs inside]

2. still with more power, there is more wear & tear, hence the reduced life expectancy of the engine. This happens with any sort of performance enhancing modifications.
What pranavt says is correct.

3. you get add on stuff for the stock bumper. [i don't know if you get it for the innova / ikon, but they are available for some cars.]

6. I'm sure some people do sell HIDs along with the Projectors.

EDIT:
Just checked youtube..
saw the tints.
seem like normal tints to me

Last edited by Sprucegoose : 17th December 2009 at 15:46.
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 17:41   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
5) LED lights look cheap and tacky. Conversion is as easy as putting the headlights in a big oven to melt the adhesive, seperate the front/back assembly, do whatever you want keeping electrical requirements and important things in mind, then putting them back together.
.
my friend, i am talking about rear light conversion. forgot to mention that beforehand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post

3. you get add on stuff for the stock bumper. [i don't know if you get it for the innova / ikon, but they are available for some cars.]

EDIT:
Just checked youtube..
saw the tints.
seem like normal tints to me
add on stuff? as in? i'm looking for lips...... front and rear for the ikon

yeah and the tint's 'smoke tail light film' pretty sure a normal tint will work.
what's the funda of applying paint? is it 3/4 paint+1/4 clear=100% smoke?
rajeevatdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 18:10   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

another question popped my mind: my stock RVMs broke(yes, both!) and have been fixed only by jugaad. is there a way to get aftermarket RVMs or even other manufacturer's RVMs installed into mine?
rajeevatdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 12:07   #8
BHPian
 
Sprucegoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevatdelhi View Post
my friend, i am talking about rear light conversion. forgot to mention that beforehand

add on stuff? as in? i'm looking for lips...... front and rear for the ikon

yeah and the tint's 'smoke tail light film' pretty sure a normal tint will work.
what's the funda of applying paint? is it 3/4 paint+1/4 clear=100% smoke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevatdelhi View Post
another question popped my mind: my stock RVMs broke(yes, both!) and have been fixed only by jugaad. is there a way to get aftermarket RVMs or even other manufacturer's RVMs installed into mine?

1> Even Pranavt is talking about LED Tail Lamps [even i don't think they look too hot]

2> There is some special paint that they use something called nightshade, don't know if its some special paint or just a marketing gimick.

3> lips?? do you mean getting an extension of the bumper. i think they are called skirts.

4> yup you get aftermarket RVMs. They might not be bolt on, but they can be made to fit
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Civic 1.8V AT. Questions questions... ImmortalZ Sedans 6 12th June 2008 09:49
Some ideas how I want to do some mods to my M-800 chokxxi90210 Modifications & Accessories 1 21st March 2008 08:16
Questions on General Driving Styles vanandmsv Technical Stuff 8 17th January 2008 17:09
Some mad questions about rollover and engine braking..please bear with me !! abhaybakshi Technical Stuff 2 26th January 2007 11:01
Buying Palio - Need specific guidance on key questions from users/experts sachinchavan Hatchbacks 25 19th May 2006 17:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks