Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th January 2010, 20:50   #31
BHPian

Smile

WIP Pics:
Skirts will go onto the car tomorrow, work got delayed as the drill machine was not available at the workshop.
Attached Images

Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:12   #32
BHPian

Smile Complete....Well Almost!

Finally got the car on Sunday after a really long time,(1 month to be precise). The following jobs have be carried out on the car.
1> Complete Denting & Painting (stripped completely)
2> New Art Leather Seatcovers
3> Yokohama ES-100 195/60/R14 tyres wrapped on ATC alloy wheels.
4> Piranha security system
5> LLumar filming on all sides and clear film on the windshield
6> ICE setup (Pioneer 4250SD/GTO948/JBL 5"components)
7> New corner lamps, Tail lamps, Side relectors.
8> Osram Nightbreakers 55/60W
9> SFXI skirts and Spoiler
10> HSRP license plates
11> Carsbo Wipers, Similar to Bosch Aerotwin

and a lot more

Things Pending.
1> Rear left side wheel bearing replacement
2> AC gas recharging
3> Woofer and Amp (short of Vit.M)
4> Engine Painting and engine bay detailing (was included in the painters contract but not done, will get it done later from him).
5> Up-module for windows (dealer didnt have stock for 4 windows)
6> Ambiance Lighting on the inner foot wells
7> Neons

Let the pics do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-042.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-044.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-045.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-046.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-047.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-048.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-049.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-051.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-052.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2010, 12:39   #33
BHPian

@mods: Im unable to edit my previous posts, for some reason. Could your'll please help me with that. And also please edit the Title to Paint Job Complete. Thanks!
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ripper.. black looks good...!! how much was the cost for painting alone(if you don't mind)?
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:10   #35
BHPian

@coolclouds: The paintjob came to around 22K and the whole thing with some denting and tin work, along with the skirt fitting came to 28K, ie 6k more.
Ripper is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
> Complete Denting & Painting (stripped completely)
I feel the pics are not doing justice, even then the finish looks good but the texture is like an orange peel, did you painter do a cutting and polishing job? they usually do it with a 0 paper and then use a circular swirll machine to buff the surface

Quote:
> Carsbo Wipers, Similar to Bosch Aerotwin
looks nice how much?

Quote:
Things Pending.

> Engine Painting and engine bay detailing (was included in the painters contract but not done, will get it done later from him).
Dont feel its that necessory anyways since it was part of the overall contract better to get it done.

Quote:
5> Up-module for windows (dealer didnt have stock for 4 windows)
Are you talking of the switches of the covers that cover the switches?

Quote:
> Ambiance Lighting on the inner foot wells
> Neons
IMHO rethink these two, this will not add any value other than a few holes in the foot well and underbody, once you are fedup with this you yourself will have to run around to get these holes plugged. I had to run around for my esteem.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

@Ripper: Nice job. Looks good. The Yokos look awesome too. 14" ??
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:54   #38
BHPian

@pramod: Yeah agree to you completely on that bit. The texture is nothing close to what i was looking at. I wanted the body to have a mirror finish, have told the painter about that and he said he will redo the rubbing and polishing.Yes he did use the 0 paper and a buffing wheel but i feel it could have been better. lets see giving the car back tomorrow for the pending works.
PS: I aint good at photography, will have a friend click better pics from his DSLR camera.

As for the wipers, i looked around all the shops in the suburbs but was unable to get the Bosch Aerotwin. I then came across an accessory shop guy whom i know very well, he gave me these blades and assured that they as efficiently as the Aerotwin.
Some figures.
Bosch Aerotwin: Arnd Rs.1750/- a pair
Carsbo: Arnd 800/- a pair
A huge difference among the too. Carsbo is a German company and has products for cars like Saab, Subaru, Bently and the likes, so it aint some cheap chinese make as most would think it to be.

Well in my car the engine cover has got some paint flaking which does not look good so want to get that painted.

Upmodule is an electronic device which rolls up all windows when the car is locked with the remote.Comes in handy and is convenient, got used to it as i had it installed in my Hyundai Accent as well.

Neons im still rethinking but the ambiance lights really look cool and shouldn't be a problem as they will be fitted under the dash, so even if they do go kaput the holes wouldn't be visible.

@prince pervez: Thanks bro.Yes the yokos are 14 inchers.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:28   #39

14in. ist that bit small ?
Overall it looks Good but yes deff need buffing and polishing
Good work
W
winzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Carsbo: Arnd 800/- a pair

I need a pair, tell me how to get it? PM me your account details i will transfer funds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winzeee View Post
14in. ist that bit small ?
Overall it looks Good but yes deff need buffing and polishing
Good work
W
Perfect upsize.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 3rd February 2010 at 23:28.
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I need a pair, tell me how to get it? PM me your account details i will transfer funds.

Perfect upsize.

Pramod
@pramod: Ill send it across, dont worry, the thing is that the lancers stock size is 21in and 19 in but the ones on my car are 20/20. I feel the one on the left is a bit too long, 19in should be perfect. Will check and see if he has 20/19 or 21/19. Will PM you tomorrow.

@winzee: Thanks bro. I guess pramod answered your query.
Old 7th February 2010, 22:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
@pramod: Ill send it across, dont worry, the thing is that the lancers stock size is 21in and 19 in but the ones on my car are 20/20. I feel the one on the left is a bit too long, 19in should be perfect. Will check and see if he has 20/19 or 21/19. Will PM you tomorrow.

@winzee: Thanks bro. I guess pramod answered your query.
Nice work done there buddy, a really impressive paintjob. overall looks are modest and gives the pro look. If you can, get the dash vents and HU area painted to a matching interior colour, say maybe metallic Grey? would bring the dash to life in there. just a suggestion.

Overall "great job"
regnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 00:30   #43
BHPian

Hey thanks bro. To tell you frankly i aint impressed with the paint job done on my car. The guy has goofed up at many places, this makes me realise what a blunder i have done trusting my car with him, just today i found a patch on the boot that had the lacquer/clear coat peeling which actually pissed me off, will be going to him tomm. As for the interiors ill be getting the job done at olivers in Goa the next time i visit my hometown. Am thinking of getting the vents painted silver/ grey and the rest black, somthing on the lines of Razors Pheonix. I like the job done on your car too, the paintjob et all is top notch, Just that the yellow/ black combo didnt go well with me. Just my personal opinion, please dont get me wrong. Thanks once again for the suggestions.
Old 8th February 2010, 01:15   #44
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Hey thanks bro. I like the job done on your car too, the paintjob et all is top notch, Just that the yellow/ black combo didnt go well with me. Just my personal opinion, please dont get me wrong. Thanks once again for the suggestions.
Na, Don't worry about it bro, i get it a lot, since our very own national taxi's are here to stay forever. there's this stereotype belief of the colour combination, but it was a choice personally made after seeing a dodge with the same colour combination.

Dude are you from goa? as you mentioned Oliver, i live just 3km away from his place and is a good friend of mine. He is the ultimate for paintjobs in goa. nice to know you are going to him.

I think all our pictures are as deceiving to the naked eye and don't do justice. Even my car had an incomplete paint job done and couldn't make out in the pictures. Right now its in mumbai for completion of pending jobs, the paint work is ongoing these days. Will put up more pics once done in my discussion section.

cheers!!!
regnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 11:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful. Just one more point though, maybe it is becaus of the lighting etc, but you should also consider touching up the dashboard. The plastic looks a bit dull
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote