| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th August 2005, 01:54||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Thanked: 2 Times
Indigo Marina conv to Indigo Advent
I haven't rcvd encouring response to my Marina mods so far, so I am posting my opinion. I have options to convert it to look like
1. Fiat Adventure Sports
2. Tata Indigo Advent - http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/phot...entID=&catID=0
To me they look similar and come to think of it..I think Tata is following the Fiat foot steps by introducing the verstile platform Indica a la "Palio" and developing various versions out of it
Indigo -> Petra
Marina - > Palio Weekend
Advent - > Adebture Sports
Now my main question
1. how do I raise the clearance of Marina from 165 mm to atleast 190 mm with adequate control to additional body roll.
2. What alloy/tyre? Raise the profile or upsize to 15" from 14"
3. Wat abt side skirts/ wheel skirts..is it possible to get custom made? I am based of hyderabad - where do I get it done?
4. What would be approx cost estimate to get it done?
I have receieved Marina LX at abt 6 lakhs and have about 60k to spare for this stuff including seat covers and music system.
|27th August 2005, 09:26||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2005
Thanked: 46 Times
1. 165 to 190 is not a problem...put spacers of 25mm (~1") above the strut mounts at all 4 corners. Put a ~1" spacer INSIDE the strut. This will take care of body roll. Correct the camber by getting a wheel alignment done.
2. Get the largest profile that your front wheel wells allow without contact. I can't comment any more because I don't know much about what is available.
3. I think the new Indica side skirt and arches should be easily available and can be fitted onto the Indigo. This is what they have done with the Advent. Ask the dealer if this can be done.
4. If I were getting it done I wouldn't be spending more than 2-3k on the first mod.
5. When can I expect to receive my package?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Indigo LX or Indigo Marina LX||windsurfer||Sedans||10||23rd January 2007 14:03|
|Tata Indigo Marina! Reborn Estate???||v12||The Indian Car Scene||10||23rd March 2004 19:47|
|TATA Indigo Advent||amit||The Indian Car Scene||3||4th March 2004 12:48|
|Tata Advent [SUV + Station Wagon]||v12||The Indian Car Scene||3||3rd March 2004 17:23|