Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th September 2005, 00:45   #1
BHPian

Default Zen Modifications

Hi, i have 2002 Mpfi zen, till date i have installed a K & N filter. I will be getting my hands on Iridium Plugs. Please do provide me feedback on installation of a Free flow & its effect on FE
In these days of Sky rocketing Petrol prices any modifications that will increase FE are most welcome.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 02:54   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well a free flow is worth having if ur car already has a K&N filter..ur mileage doesnt drop after u fit a freeflow..its just that once u hear the growl of the freeflow u tend rev hard and floor it just to hear that growl and hence loose out on FE..if u dry the same with ur freeflow as u would drive without one u will certainly have the same FE or might have a narrow gain too..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 02:58   #3
BANNED

yeah infact people say that the fe increases or remains the same...let me know how your car feels after installing it ...i want to get it for my car...but now days cops screwing around alot
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 03:26   #4
BANNED

arre dude...i dont have freeflow..but nowdays im seeing alot of cops stopping cars to check if theyve got freeflow...they even stop me when they see my car thinking that even my engine must be modified...and when they dont stop..they look out for a muffler...
and there is 1 cop who always catches me ...and the reason he gives is regular checking...he knows im underage ...stops me...stares..checks license papers...stares...i laugh..he smiles...and then lets me go..
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 10:37   #5
BANNED

Talking

Hey dude,

The best modification you can do to increase FE is use a lighter foot.

Jokes apart a free flow does actually increase FE if the car is driven with a light foot and not revved hard(but then again why install a free flow if you dont want to rev). Also cops can catch you for a loud exhaust and not a free flow. You can get a mild exhaust note which does not affect performance and get away with it.

If you are confident, a legal aged driver, and dont drive rashly then I see no reason why a cop can catch you. By law other than the noise pollution factor there is no other clause which does not permit a free flow. There is no mention of exhaust specs in the RC book, but you need to be able to argue it. If he does fine you it will be for noise pollution and not use of different exhaust. Its just a way to make a fast buck.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 20:24   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys, kindly enlighten me on these irridum plugs also.....
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote