Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 09:20   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
i'll post some better pic next time.
the discs are black powder coated now.

cheers
viky
O.T > looks like your spoiler is fitted upside down.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 10:32   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: goa
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
O.T > looks like your spoiler is fitted upside down.
@Viky, me to think the spoiler is up side down.

Last edited by dinar : 16th March 2010 at 10:34.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 10:34   #33
BHPian
 
viky_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashik
Posts: 85
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
With the Throttle body increase you will need more fuel to get a noticeable performance difference, so FPR will make a difference.
You can get the enlargement done and see if you like it, or not than go in for a FPR, get the adjustable FPR with a pressure gauge, so you can fiddle in the limits of your fuel system, stock system runs at around 35-42 PSI, you can safely go up to 55 PSI or a bit above.
Since you are running a FFE and a Air filter you are anyways going to be on a leaner side, with the throttle body enlarged the airflow will be increased and the engine will lean out further.So idle may be affected as well as the at high rpm the engine may lean out quit a bit and start heating.
BY the way what make tyres are you running, I am thinking of getting a set on My esteem.
Hi there,
i had a good discussion with Viper and now have decided on a complete tune-up ( as it is overdue) and P&P job with throttle body enlargement.
then if needed FPR and may be will get a PIPER CAM street spec.

I am running YOKOs 195/50/R15 tyres

cheers
viky_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 10:38   #34
BHPian
 
viky_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashik
Posts: 85
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
@Viky, me to think the spoiler is up side down.

hehehe ya i know its purposely done.
I wanted to know reactions of some people who claim they know a thing or two about cars. as it turns out they cant even figur this out...
viky_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 10:53   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: goa
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Hi there,
i had a good discussion with Viper and now have decided on a complete tune-up ( as it is overdue) and P&P job with throttle body enlargement.
then if needed FPR and may be will get a PIPER CAM street spec.

I am running YOKOs 195/50/R15 tyres

cheers
I was so interested in the Wheels and Tyre mods did not see the whole pic. A-drives rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
hehehe ya i know its purposely done.
I wanted to know reactions of some people who claim they know a thing or two about cars. as it turns out they cant even figur this out...
That will reduce the top speed and also affect the fuel efficiency even at around 80-100kmph speeds. Please sort it out.
If you go for a Cam Upgrade you will need a FPR for sure.but you efficiency will drop further with a CAM change.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 10:57   #36
BHPian
 
viky_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashik
Posts: 85
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
I was so interested in the Wheels and Tyre mods did not see the whole pic. A-drives rights.


That will reduce the top speed and also affect the fuel efficiency even at around 80-100kmph speeds. Please sort it out.
If you go for a Cam Upgrade you will need a FPR for sure.but you efficiency will drop further with a CAM change.
yes they are A-drives . Initially i had S-drive. the yoko are excellent tyres.
A-drives are a bit softer than S-drive which are more performance oriented.

will do the spoiler change right away i dindt realise that it would affcet FE at 80KMPH also.
thanks
cheers
viky_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 13:53   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s
A-drives are a bit softer than S-drive which are more performance oriented.
Absolutely incorrect.
Who told you so?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 21:34   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: goa
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
yes they are A-drives . Initially i had S-drive. the yoko are excellent tyres.
A-drives are a bit softer than S-drive which are more performance oriented.

will do the spoiler change right away i dindt realise that it would affcet FE at 80KMPH also.
thanks
cheers
I did not get the A-drive beginning softer. Do you mean they are stickier or just better at comfort than handling? cause S-drives are better any day for handling compared to A-drives.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 08:04   #39
BHPian
 
viky_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashik
Posts: 85
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
I did not get the A-drive beginning softer. Do you mean they are stickier or just better at comfort than handling? cause S-drives are better any day for handling compared to A-drives.
Ya S-drives are better at handling but A-rives are tad more on comfort than handling. As i have upsized from R13 to R15 i opted for A-drive this time and S-drive were on short supply.

how are Goodyear F1 Eagles against S/A-drive?

cheers
viky
viky_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 09:59   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: goa
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Ya S-drives are better at handling but A-rives are tad more on comfort than handling. As i have upsized from R13 to R15 i opted for A-drive this time and S-drive were on short supply.

how are Goodyear F1 Eagles against S/A-drive?

cheers
viky
From a good friend's experience,and this guys know his stuff, apparently Good year F1s, are not that great compared to Yokos, as they become hard after some use. I have never used them, but others may have first hand experience.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 17:24   #41
BHPian
 
viky_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashik
Posts: 85
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up Stage 2 Complete (Phase-one)

"Mods please rename this thread as
Esteem Stage 2 Phase-one Complete"

Fellow members finally my esteem has completed its stage-2 modds.
heres the list uptill now.

Custom 4-2-1 FFE setup custom made from Viper
K&N Filter
Complete Port and Polish job( +Intake manifold )
Throttle body Expansion
Exedy Clutch
Mobil-1 5W50 full Synthetic oil
Art-leather upholstery and door trims
Self retrofitted FXR bi-xenon projectors
Tri-phase unit.
Yokohoma 185-60-R13 tyres.
NGK Iridium Plugs

Modds coming in next month
MSD ignition coil and cables (8.5mm)
Piper cam street spec
REMAP

The car has totally undergone a character change.
The rpm needle justs zooms all the way to redline

the car is very silent untill 2000rpm and then it justs roars to life.
the exhaust tone is sweet. Good bassy roaring noto no phhhrrrr just vroooom vrooom vrooom....

Unfortunately couldnt get the car to KS for a dyno. got stuck two times in the infamous mumbai traffic....

Will definitely do it next time when i get the piper cam and remap.

while coming for mumabi to nashik hit a top speed of 170kmph.
The car easily overtake the likes of stock swift and honda citys; even at high speed of 150kmph.


thanks a tonn to Viper(Jignesh bhai) for doing a great job.
His entire dealing was very transparent and satisfactory.
I was a bit hesitant on the P&P job but it was worth it.

got to see the whole process myself

will post 30-80(3rd gear) and 40-100 4th gear timmings very soon.
taking a average of 5 readings overall.

the car has been driven 500km after the mods.

cheers
happy reving....

Last edited by viky_s : 14th April 2010 at 17:41.
viky_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 18:59   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

good to see someone doing a planned mod...that too bit fast. how about some videos. Does a remap + triphase work well together? i don't know. no suspension job?
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 19:16   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikys
Custom 4-2-1 FFE setup custom made from Viper
K&N Filter
Complete Port and Polish job( +Intake manifold )
Throttle body Expansion
Exedy Clutch
Mobil-1 5W50 full Synthetic oil
Tri-phase unit.
NGK Iridium Plugs
Congratulations on the upgrade.
How much did these alone cost you?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 19:20   #44
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 530
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
"Mods please rename this thread as
Esteem Stage 2 Phase-one Complete"
============
the car has been driven 500km after the mods.

cheers
happy reving....
Hi, which profile cam are u going for BP270/285/300. Are you planning to change your cam sprocket and the crank pulley as well. Which ECU are you going in for :- A piggyback or RD 0901 Standalone ECU.
If you have put a stage 1 Exedy kit why not plonk a fidanza flywheel as well.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th April 2010 at 21:27. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large posts for short reply. Thanks
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 00:40   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
good to see someone doing a planned mod...that too bit fast. how about some videos. Does a remap + triphase work well together? i don't know. no suspension job?
Triphase becomes irrelevant if you go for a remap or standalone. Might as well just change the IAT-Fuel correction tables in the ECU with whatever you want, rather than fooling the ECU by giving it fake readings.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stage 4+ Mods on Turbo Civic. LSD, bodykit etc. cvc2145 Modifications & Accessories 7 1st November 2012 16:12
Stage Two Mods on my Skoda 1.8 TPi shuvd Modifications & Accessories 228 26th June 2010 20:27
My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete Mi10 Modifications & Accessories 14 3rd May 2010 11:28
Maverick's Alto 1.1 - Stage 1 Mods VJ_MAVRICK Modifications & Accessories 55 30th January 2009 11:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks