Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th February 2010, 21:45   #1
BHPian

Default Modifying my U-VA

Mods/Senior BHPians/Friends,

I am seriously thinking of modifying my U-VA. It is close to 2 yrs and has done 28k. Am planning to go for the Phase I mod on the engine. Few queries:

1. Since GM has this 3 yr warranty, should I go for the mod?
2. How much performance difference will Phase I make. U-VA has 77 BHP. Will it go up anywhere between 87-90 BHP?
3. What should be the ideal cost that I should spend for the Phase I mod? I called up n1Engineering and they quoted 19 k for the Intake, Exhaust, Plugs, Wiring. Is that the right price or is n1 charging more?
4. Best place in Mumbai from where should I get the work done.

Mods: There are various threads on modifying your car, however did not find a single one being done on the U-VA. Hence starting a new post.

Gaurav
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 23:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check this out! - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...king-mods.html (Aveo U-VA - looking for mods)
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 23:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

plugs and wiring wont make a difference.

id say max 12-13k for the exhaust + conical air filter including fitting and the custom pipe etc.

i think with the exhaust + intake you can look at a gain of 3-4bhp max if done correctly.

if you really do want more power the easiest way would be to get a standalone or a remap. you would be able to get about a 15% power gain at least.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 00:05   #4
BHPian

Default Modifying my U-VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
plugs and wiring wont make a difference.

id say max 12-13k for the exhaust + conical air filter including fitting and the custom pipe etc.

i think with the exhaust + intake you can look at a gain of 3-4bhp max if done correctly.

if you really do want more power the easiest way would be to get a standalone or a remap. you would be able to get about a 15% power gain at least.

Where's the best place in Mumbai to get the Exhaust work and also the remap work done.
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 00:26   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Where's the best place in Mumbai to get the Exhaust work and also the remap work done.
in mumbai there are 2 good people who i know of. one is automech, the other one is viper's person, afzal bhai. the prices i said would be offered by viper i think. also there are enough people on the forum running his persons exhaust (including me) and they are mostly happy reviews besides one of a person who wasnt from bombay. but since your in bombay it should be a problem.

for remaps, there are a few people but the 2 that come to my mind are racedynamics, from bangalore and Zakie of tuned i-chips. i myself have seen zakie remap a car and he does seem to know his stuff.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote