Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 15:05   #316
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

That's how it looks now,after the manifold change,

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-red-valve-cover-2.jpg
Amey is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 16:33   #317
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Thumbs up Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

An update after a long time.
Got my OE rotors slotted and cross drilled. Had slotted rotors from Tarox on my Swift and I had noticed the improvement in braking with that so thought of giving this a try before I upgrade to a proper big brake kit.

So here they are,
Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-1.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-2.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-3.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-4.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-5.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-6.jpg

Machining was done at Kwik Kut and installation at Tune Up Plus.
Since it was going to be machined, had the liberty of choosing my own design, how cool is that!
Went for this pattern, looks good enough to me.
Initial impressions are promising. I'd say around 10-15% improvement maybe ?
Will report back after I use them a bit more.
Amey is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 21:34   #318
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

Sure looks nice. Now for the real test - how much better is the bite ? Are you running OE brake pads ?

I had changed my front brake pads to Mintex & the difference in braking was H U G E ( for the Swift )

Great to see an update - how is the engine going ?


Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 20:28   #319
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Sure looks nice. Now for the real test - how much better is the bite ? Are you running OE brake pads ?

I had changed my front brake pads to Mintex & the difference in braking was H U G E ( for the Swift )

Great to see an update - how is the engine going ?


Cheers
Yes I am using OE pads for now. In normal driving, there isn't much noticeable difference but at high speed driving, the improvement in bite is distinctively noticeable. Quite confidence inspiring.
Engine is going good. NA with 2.5" exhaust, loving it
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 12:55   #320
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Calling all 4G94 Experts - SOHC to DOHC conversion

Dear all,

I went through various automotive forums like


After having read a lot about performance tuning for 4g94, I have come to learn that bump up in power is very limited and more over with the TC-way, its too expensive and reliability goes for a toss. I don't want to do that.

1.forums.evolutionm.net
2.www.mitsubishi-forums.com
3.www.rpw.com.au
4.www.automotiveforums.com

Is there any other way for bumping another 60Bhp from the engine ?

Currently am running a free flow exhaust which gave a slight taste of performance bump though it may be negligible which was like tasting a wee bit of dark swedish chocolate. I want more !!!


These are the few facts I came to know about 4G94


4G94 SOHC 16 Valve MPI
Multi-Point Injection (MPI)
Total Displacement - 1999cc
Bore - 81.5mm
Stroke - 95.8mm
Compression Ratio - 9.5:1
Maximum Output - 125 PS (92 kW) @ 5,200 rpm
Maximum Torque - 176 Nm (130 ftlbf) @ 4,250 rpm

4G94 DOHC 16 Valve GDI
Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI)
Bore - 81.5
Stroke - 95.8
Compression Ratio: 11.0
Maximum Output: 145 PS (106.65 kW) / 5,700 rpm
Maximum Torque: 19.5 kg/m (191.23 N/m) / 3,750 rpm
Anyone done any reasearch on how to extract more out of this engine without TC-eing ?

Last edited by maxbhp : 26th September 2012 at 12:57.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 16:01   #321
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Calling all 4G94 Experts - SOHC to DOHC conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Dear all,

I went through various automotive forums like


After having read a lot about performance tuning for 4g94, I have come to learn that bump up in power is very limited and more over with the TC-way, its too expensive and reliability goes for a toss. I don't want to do that.

1.forums.evolutionm.net
2.www.mitsubishi-forums.com
3.www.rpw.com.au
4.www.automotiveforums.com

Is there any other way for bumping another 60Bhp from the engine ?

Currently am running a free flow exhaust which gave a slight taste of performance bump though it may be negligible which was like tasting a wee bit of dark swedish chocolate. I want more !!!


These are the few facts I came to know about 4G94


4G94 SOHC 16 Valve MPI
Multi-Point Injection (MPI)
Total Displacement - 1999cc
Bore - 81.5mm
Stroke - 95.8mm
Compression Ratio - 9.5:1
Maximum Output - 125 PS (92 kW) @ 5,200 rpm
Maximum Torque - 176 Nm (130 ftlbf) @ 4,250 rpm

4G94 DOHC 16 Valve GDI
Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI)
Bore - 81.5
Stroke - 95.8
Compression Ratio: 11.0
Maximum Output: 145 PS (106.65 kW) / 5,700 rpm
Maximum Torque: 19.5 kg/m (191.23 N/m) / 3,750 rpm
Anyone done any reasearch on how to extract more out of this engine without TC-eing ?
4G94 in India is detuned to 115 BHp.
4G93 DOHC head is a direct bolt on with the 4G94 block. You need to change the idler pulley, timing belt and ofcourse the CAM sensor and ECU or atleast reflash.
Theoretically you get close to 130-140 hp with all this.
I have done this, read up last couple of my posts.
She is running just fine, pretty quick.
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 08:41   #322
BHPian
 
1self's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 627
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

I think all you need to do at this time is to bore the 4g93 throttle body. Will net you even better throttle response & top-end power! The 4G94 was designed for TQ while the 4G93 was designed for decent TQ w/ higher rpm limit.

Last edited by 1self : 30th September 2012 at 08:44.
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 18:32   #323
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
I think all you need to do at this time is to bore the 4g93 throttle body. Will net you even better throttle response & top-end power! The 4G94 was designed for TQ while the 4G93 was designed for decent TQ w/ higher rpm limit.
What are you talking about ? If you are referring to me then I already have a bored TB remember ?
If you are referring to maxbhp then 4G94 has a bigger TB than the 4G93 anyway.
I am a bit lost
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 03:55   #324
BHPian
 
1self's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 627
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
What are you talking about ? If you are referring to me then I already have a bored TB remember ?
If you are referring to maxbhp then 4G94 has a bigger TB than the 4G93 anyway.
I am a bit lost
You have a bored out TB? I did'nt know that. Is the corresponding part of the 4G93 IM also bored out?
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 08:48   #325
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
You have a bored out TB? I did'nt know that. Is the corresponding part of the 4G93 IM also bored out?
Yes it is a RPW Overbored TB.
You mean the IM plenum mouth ? Yes even that is bored,it wasn't but I did.
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 11:18   #326
BHPian
 
Smokeymist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

Hello Folks,

I own a 2002-Lancer SLXi-Petrol head. It clocked 90k Kms now and in prime condition.
Now i have an urge to install some performance mods onto it and give a new life to it..

I am considering to install RRP's-RRP PowerDrive which involves CAI,FFE & Fuel Pressure Regulator (Costing me 42k).

I wanted to know
1) Is the price reasonable
2) Will it increase the performance of the car considerably?? (RRP promises that it can. )
3) Is it worth to install these mods on 2002 lancer..
4) Are there any other option in bangalore for performing monds on Lancer.

Please suggest
Smokeymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 17:48   #327
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeymist
Hello Folks,

I own a 2002-Lancer SLXi-Petrol head. It clocked 90k Kms now and in prime condition.
Now i have an urge to install some performance mods onto it and give a new life to it..

I am considering to install RRP's-RRP™ PowerDrive which involves CAI,FFE & Fuel Pressure Regulator (Costing me 42k).

I wanted to know
1) Is the price reasonable
2) Will it increase the performance of the car considerably?? (RRP promises that it can. )
3) Is it worth to install these mods on 2002 lancer..
4) Are there any other option in bangalore for performing monds on Lancer.

Please suggest
trying to do up the 4g15 is a waste of both time and money.no matter how much efforts you put into it, the gains are just ridiculous.
Sad but this is the truth.
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 18:32   #328
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer


On Dyno CAIs don't give anything for the investment. Install turbo and you will get something. NO input, no output.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 20:45   #329
BHPian
 
Smokeymist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
trying to do up the 4g15 is a waste of both time and money.no matter how much efforts you put into it, the gains are just ridiculous.
Sad but this is the truth.
Thanks Amey!! Do you suggest any other ways to improve the performance on this car? or the only way is to swap the engine & gain it which i feel is waste..
Smokeymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 15:07   #330
BHPian
 
abhimanyuargal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer

Hi, I want to swp my present 4g15 sohc with a 4g15 dohc engine. Im getting the entire engine for approximately 1500 AUD. Any suggestions as to what else will need to be imported so that there is minimum modification necessary to install the engine?
abhimanyuargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo? NOS? Engine Swap? High CR NA build? How would you modify your engine? mclaren1885 Modifications & Accessories 61 13th July 2016 15:49
Esteem headlamp, tail lamp swap possible without mods? Raccoon Modifications & Accessories 24 15th December 2009 04:59
Safari TCIC 2.0 Engine swap with 3.0L DICOR Engine gd1418 Modifications & Accessories 34 6th July 2009 15:12
performance mods for a lancer... MIVEC engine transplant drunk.monkey Modifications & Accessories 21 17th June 2008 13:28
Performance Mods. for Lancer toogoodforyou Modifications & Accessories 6 7th March 2006 03:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks