Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 09:35   #91
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-07062010324.jpg

Dash being assembled. Removed old instrument cluster ( thanks to 6k RPM limit.LOL) and put in Evo Cluster ( Woot! I have something from an Evo in my car now. Haha)

Engine almost ready to be plonked in. Minor issues like Power steering pump bracket, AC compressor bracket are to be sorted out.
The 4G94 brackets wont work as this engine was not meant for this CK chassis. Hunt for 4G93 bracket begins

A slight change of plan too,

1) Rebuilt the engine with stock internals
2) Plonk it in, start the car,use it for 1000-1500 kms.
3) Get niggling issues sorted out and improve reliability.
4) Once reliability is acceptable, remove Stock ECU and install Standalone.Get used to the software, tuning part,in short get the hang of it.
5) During this time, work on making Exhaust manifold since Turbo is almost here. Keep it ready.with necessary piping etc. Ready to be installed.
6) Pull out the engine, replace the old pistons+rods with forged ones replace main and connecting rod bearings and again plonk the engine in with the turbo.
7) start the car with very low boost to avoid blowing up the engine.
8) From here on tune for boost as Jitu mentioned.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 21:15   #92
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3735.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3736.jpg

Started Engine installation today. Did hit a few bumps with wiring as expected since the engine is from a different chassis and the loom from a different. Nothing major though, will get it sorted out.
Hopefully the car should start soon * keeps fingers crossed *
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 07:31   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

What a lovely thread. Am so excited to see the outcome of your project. All the best.

What are you intending to do in the brakes dept ?
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 08:47   #94
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
What a lovely thread. Am so excited to see the outcome of your project. All the best.

What are you intending to do in the brakes dept ?
I have ordered a brake kit from australia. Not the fancy ones. Used set with bigger rotors and calipers for the front and rear disc conversion. Its from a Galant or so, Not sure. New rotors and pads even though the kit is from a used car. The reason for going with this is, first it was cheaper that branded ones and I was getting rear disc conversion too. Also since its from another Mitsu car, it luckily is bolt on.(Chose the correct one)
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 09:20   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,993
Thanked: 857 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
I have ordered a brake kit from australia. Not the fancy ones. Used set with bigger rotors and calipers for the front and rear disc conversion. Its from a Galant or so, Not sure. New rotors and pads even though the kit is from a used car. The reason for going with this is, first it was cheaper that branded ones and I was getting rear disc conversion too. Also since its from another Mitsu car, it luckily is bolt on.(Chose the correct one)

Is the PCD still 100 or has it changed since evo runs on 114.3. Also have you sourced the EVO 4 bumper, if yes i have some questions for you


Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 09:25   #96
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

@ Pramod,
I know the Evo has a different PCD and also its a 5 x 114.3. If I wanted the Evo brakes, I would have had to change the Hub too which is unnecessary. So yes the brakes I am getting are 4 x 100.

Unfortunately I havent been able to get hold of the Evo bumper yet :(
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 09:41   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,993
Thanked: 857 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
@ Pramod,
I know the Evo has a different PCD and also its a 5 x 114.3. If I wanted the Evo brakes, I would have had to change the Hub too which is unnecessary. So yes the brakes I am getting are 4 x 100.

Unfortunately I havent been able to get hold of the Evo bumper yet :(

So which car is it from, Mirage? please pm me the cost, my breaks nearly cost me a whole front end. For the EVO 4 bumper contact konjaril(bhpian), i had a quote from him but i guess he is busy whith is current project, haven't heard from him ever since. He has the mould already prepared so it will workout cheaper and the output will be faster.

BTW why did you paint it white, silver would have been nice.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 12:55   #98
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
So which car is it from, Mirage? please pm me the cost, my breaks nearly cost me a whole front end. For the EVO 4 bumper contact konjaril(bhpian), i had a quote from him but i guess he is busy whith is current project, haven't heard from him ever since. He has the mould already prepared so it will workout cheaper and the output will be faster.

BTW why did you paint it white, silver would have been nice.

Pramod
Hi Pramod,
Will find out and let you know.My Australian contact has arranged it for me.Since almost all the parts sent by him fit perfectly and were in perfect condition, I kinda trust him now so when he said its bolt on, I trust him.
As for the bumper,that is not my major worry as of now.Will deal with it later.Currently priority is to get the car running first.

Last edited by Amey : 9th June 2010 at 12:58.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 22:51   #99
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Look what I got in mail today

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3737.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3739.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3740.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3741.jpg

Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3744.jpg
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 23:21   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Congratulations. Looking forward to good things
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 12:09   #101
BHPian
 
nanu28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 235
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Congrats Amey,
Cant wait to come by and see the drive once close to ready....
Have a nice day :-)
nanu28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 12:20   #102
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 642
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Dunno if it is correct to ask this! But how much did the turbo cost? what abt import duties? Or was it hand carried?

Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 11:14   #103
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Dunno if it is correct to ask this! But how much did the turbo cost? what abt import duties? Or was it hand carried?

Cheers
Shrey
Paid around 840 AUD shipped. Came in via EMS.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 19:19   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Waited with bated breath to see your car come to life.

As for the bumper. If you want the EVO bumper on my ex-lancer, you can PM Autopsyche. He had the mould made from my bumper which was got from abroad. So he may be able to fabricate one out of fibre & ship it to you.

I think it had enough space for the intercooler to sit in.

All the best for your project !!!



Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 10:53   #105
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Waited with bated breath to see your car come to life.

As for the bumper. If you want the EVO bumper on my ex-lancer, you can PM Autopsyche. He had the mould made from my bumper which was got from abroad. So he may be able to fabricate one out of fibre & ship it to you.

I think it had enough space for the intercooler to sit in.

All the best for your project !!!



Cheers
Hey Ricky,
Thanks a lot for the bumper info. Will get in touch with Autopsyche and see if he can make one and send it to me.
Oh and yes, thanks for your wishes
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo? NOS? Engine Swap? High CR NA build? How would you modify your engine? mclaren1885 Modifications & Accessories 61 13th July 2016 15:49
Esteem headlamp, tail lamp swap possible without mods? Raccoon Modifications & Accessories 24 15th December 2009 04:59
Safari TCIC 2.0 Engine swap with 3.0L DICOR Engine gd1418 Modifications & Accessories 34 6th July 2009 15:12
performance mods for a lancer... MIVEC engine transplant drunk.monkey Modifications & Accessories 21 17th June 2008 13:28
Performance Mods. for Lancer toogoodforyou Modifications & Accessories 6 7th March 2006 03:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks