Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2010, 22:27   #1
BHPian

Cool VERY CHEAP CAR ACCESSORIES... <shocked>

Hey !! i wanted to ask that my friend told me that in OLD DELHI somewhere neer old fort there is chor bazaar where all the stolen parts of cars are sold.. and prices are very less..as he told me that woofer and amplifier would cost only Rs.600-800 each only is this true ?? he told all car accessories are available even alloys and tires..they sell almost every possible thing.. but some elder person i know told me that the things which they sell they already take out stuff from it and then sell it with some JUGAAD... but before buying we can check whether it works or not.. so is it advisable to buy accessories from there ???

Last edited by torque.steer : 5th March 2010 at 22:29.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:31   #2
BHPian

when you go to such places you are also doing a jugaad buying amps for 600 so keep your eyes open go ahead
Old 5th March 2010, 22:35   #3
BHPian

but those are original amps its just that they are from stolen cars or have been stolen from cars.... they don't make it... what i think is that they do jugaad of making it function when they take out few parts out from it i guess.. i am not even sure whether they take out its parts or not.. still confused... :P
Old 5th March 2010, 22:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

@T.S, by buying from such chor bazaars, arent you supporting burglary ? Pls Stay away, atleast to protect your car from spurious parts that can cause more damage than what you "save" by buying at such prices.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:47   #5
BHPian

I second condor, by buying from chor bazaar you are encouraging theft, no hard feelings, what has happened to someone may happen to you one day.
please stay away from such goods.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:55   #6
BHPian

Plz stay away from alloys and tires because they are the integral part of car. so dont relay on them. You can buy amp / speaker from them if you have very very tight budget though
Old 5th March 2010, 22:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Come on dude!

Seriously?

Its because people buy burgled stuff that burglaries take place. Be a responsible citizen and avoid it.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque.steer View Post
Hey !! i wanted to ask that my friend told me that in OLD DELHI somewhere neer old fort there is chor bazaar where all the stolen parts of cars are sold.. and prices are very less..as he told me that woofer and amplifier would cost only Rs.600-800 each only is this true ?? he told all car accessories are available even alloys and tires..they sell almost every possible thing.. but some elder person i know told me that the things which they sell they already take out stuff from it and then sell it with some JUGAAD... but before buying we can check whether it works or not.. so is it advisable to buy accessories from there ???
Its not necessary that everything selling there is with jugaad but yes around 20 % is.
Secondly you cannot check the thing your buy.It may be that the product you buy comes out to be in perfect condition or a non working original product or a cheap non working duplicate product.

I have been there once with my car electrician once to fetch the radiator fan for my palio.He knew those people so it was fine.I got it for 1500, it costed 7k at the service station.(This was in 2008)

Otherwise the chances are only 10-20 percent that you will get a decent working product if you go by your own.

People generally come there when they are not able/willing to afford a spare part (new) or it is not available in the market.You will always find a few cielo,opel astra,vintage car owners there.

Infact there is place called Mayapuri in delhi which is the hub for such automotive parts.Every mechanic in delhi knows about it.If by chance the engine of your car ceases atleast 6 out of 10 mechanics would tell u that they will get you another engine from mayapuri for half the price of the overhauling.You can also get body parts such as bonnet ,doors etc.
My friend converted his type 1 city to type 2.He sourced body parts from Mayapuri.I dont remember exactly but he got the bonnet for around 1k in exchange of his old bonnet which was in a bad shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@T.S, by buying from such chor bazaars, arent you supporting burglary ? Pls Stay away, atleast to protect your car from spurious parts that can cause more damage than what you "save" by buying at such prices.
All parts are not from burgulary infact majority of them come from scrapped/accidental cars with fine parts.

Mods: I dont know if posting all this is allowed,in case its against the t-bhp policies you can delete this post.I didnt find this in posting rules.

Last edited by k2max6 : 5th March 2010 at 23:14.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Torque, it was someone else's car which was targeted because there was demand in the Chor Bazaar. In future, it may be yours. Technically you're paying for it and purchasing but you're aware of the source. Please avoid such purchases as this motivates the thieves and the next target may be your car.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:40   #10
BHPian

Its quite apalling seeing that you are willing to buy stolen items and even discuss them on a forum.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:01   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Its quite apalling seeing that you are willing to buy stolen items and even discuss them on a forum.

Most of the scrap yard across India sell 60% stolen maal. Cant help it buddy, thats the way it is.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Buying from Chor Bazaar - is it really value for money?

Reliability of accessories would be questionable. And one would lose peace of mind. Isn't that low value?

Accessories prices in car showrooms are daylight robbery. Don't compare prices with dealers. Instead, shop around in regular accessory shops. You would get reliable stuff at decent rates.

Remember, each of those products are livelihood for lots of people. Just like what you and me do for a living.
Old 6th March 2010, 01:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

i agree with people here. One of my steel rim of my zen was bent, wheel alignment guy said, go to to XYZ place in Mangalore, you get the old ones. Some one else said, you are in Bangalore, So go to XYZ place in Bangalore, you get lots of cheap stuff taken from accident car items!

I said, no thanks. If i need i will bring it from MASS or in some time i will add alloy to my car!

Also a point that striked me were

1. The chor bazar mall is from accident vehicle : It may be from one of those we see in accident threads of india thread here. Dont know how many dreams have died along with the person in the accident! I dont want to buy something which i am getting for less as a result of sadness to some one :( Ethically i felt bad!

2. A stolen stuff at chor bazar: If i encourage it today, surely tomorrow some one will come and steal some thing from my car!

A good example of same is Monogram. i see lot many vehicles with stolen logo/monogram :(

Being a proud BHP-ian i stay away from these and request others also to follow same!

Last edited by recshenoy : 6th March 2010 at 01:14.
Old 6th March 2010, 02:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down

@ torque.steer - I would stay away from such places because you might actually come back robbed. And if you're planning on buying anything from there, you will just be promoting thievery and corruption in the country.

If you buy something from there today, you never know some of your car's accessories and parts may end up there tomorrow! And you don't know whether the accessories you buy will even work or not or how long they will last!

And it's quite shocking to see that you're discussing and promoting to buy stolen items on such a highly reputable and clean forum!

That's all I can advice you as a responsible BHPian and the rest is for you to decide!

Last edited by aparth : 6th March 2010 at 02:11.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2010, 02:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
@ torque.steer - I would stay away from such places because you might actually come back robbed. And if you're planning on buying anything from there, you will just be promoting theft and corruption in the country.

If you buy something from there today, you never know some of your car's accessories and parts may end up there tomorrow! And you don't know whether the accessories you buy will even work or not or how long they will last!

And it's quite shocking to see that you're discussing and promoting to buy stolen items on such a highly reputable and clean forum!

That's all I can advice you as a responsible BHPian and the rest is for you to decide!
With you Aparth, If we buy stolen items today then maybe someone might buy parts stolen from our car.

Such items should not be purchased at all.
Closed Thread