Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 14:43   #91
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,735
Thanked: 3,118 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

I swear dude. They really take the toll out of everyone. This is third time these guys have scratched my ride and in total I have already changed 6 ORVM's (Thanks to the private bus).

The good thing is that I work in the same building where "Mangalam Daily" is working. They took snaps of the accident and made an issue with these morons and said they are going to make the Auto Menace an issue.
Hope they will do so.

Nothing much dude, just managed to get 1k. But after all, happy that they didnt bang my front end and destroy my projectors .

To make things short, these Ape guys SUCK real time.! Am all against them from the time they rolled the first Auto in Cochin..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
You should have taken a rod or some kinda heavy brick and smashed up his glasses. I mean coming and banging your car while it was parked !! Where the hell was he looking and driving ?
I know dude. I really wanted too. There was a lot of confusion here. Both the Auto's were stuck since the covered portion of the goods auto was penetrated in to the passenger auto and they couldnt move it. Whole road was blocked due to this and many people gathered there. Only when the cops came, things started to ease out.

Anyways, it was a real bad experience man. Hope these guys will learn, the HARD WAY.!

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2011 at 16:34. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 14:52   #92
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I swear dude. They really take the toll out of everyone. This is third time these guys have scratched my ride and in total I have already changed 6 ORVM's (Thanks to the private bus).

The good thing is that I work in the same building where "Mangalam Daily" is working. They took snaps of the accident and made an issue with these morons and said they are going to make the Auto Menace an issue.
Hope they will do so.

Nothing much dude, just managed to get 1k. But after all, happy that they didnt bang my front end and destroy my projectors .

To make things short, these Ape guys SUCK real time.! Am all against them from the time they rolled the first Auto in Cochin..!



I know dude. I really wanted too. There was a lot of confusion here. Both the Auto's were stuck since the covered portion of the goods auto was penetrated in to the passenger auto and they couldnt move it. Whole road was blocked due to this and many people gathered there. Only when the cops came, things started to ease out.

Anyways, it was a real bad experience man. Hope these guys will learn, the HARD WAY.!

Now thats good news that the daily people took the snaps. You know what, one day one of these Ape guys hit my back bumper near the South over bridge. When I came out shouting at him, he suddenly changed his tactic and said all his financial issues and started crying. Since I had my family with me I left the scene. But when I got into the car and watched him through the ORVM, I saw him laughing. I was about to get out of the car again, and that time my father stopped me from doing it. All these Ape wallahs are real nuts, they have some feeling that all those who are riding cars are having hell lot of money for them to play with. Also 90% of them are running on rented autos and so they don't have any sentiments for those vehicles. Regarding private buses here, I better don't say anything.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 16:11   #93
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,735
Thanked: 3,118 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Now thats good news that the daily people took the snaps. You know what, one day one of these Ape guys hit my back bumper near the South over bridge. When I came out shouting at him, he suddenly changed his tactic and said all his financial issues and started crying. Since I had my family with me I left the scene. But when I got into the car and watched him through the ORVM, I saw him laughing. I was about to get out of the car again, and that time my father stopped me from doing it. All these Ape wallahs are real nuts, they have some feeling that all those who are riding cars are having hell lot of money for them to play with. Also 90% of them are running on rented autos and so they don't have any sentiments for those vehicles. Regarding private buses here, I better don't say anything.
hahaha.. You said it right dude.!

There's no point in what we do. Even the cops who came yesterday told me personally that these Auto guys are sick and kinda locals.

In spite of this and when all know that they are rash, why are the concerned depts not taking strict action against them. Guess, only the media guys and some public (like us) are putting our foot forward. All thanks to the corrupt system out here. Too bad.

Anyways, guess there's no point in putting this topic forward. This will be a neverending story .

Will update the thread when I have the car repaired. Waste of time and money.!

Cheers Mate.!

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2011 at 16:35. Reason: Read our rules! No more than 2 smilies per post please
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 21:52   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

^^ Hey naveen,

Sad to know that the car suffered damage & that too for no fault of yours. But like you have said, it's good that the damage is not at the front.

Do post the pictures once the car is repaired/repainted in the damaged region.

Drive safe.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 09:54   #95
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,735
Thanked: 3,118 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
^^ Hey naveen,

Sad to know that the car suffered damage & that too for no fault of yours. But like you have said, it's good that the damage is not at the front.

Do post the pictures once the car is repaired/repainted in the damaged region.

Drive safe.
Ya I know dude. Planning to give it next week. Will post the pics once it's repaired.
Cheers.!
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 10:13   #96
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,735
Thanked: 3,118 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Got DRL's for my Swift. Havent installed them. Just got it yesterday evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Custom Modz-img00171201101200803.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img00173201101200803.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 10:17   #97
BHPian
 
Xryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Banana Republic
Posts: 207
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

So all the damage due to the accident is repaired I hope. Please do upload daytime and nighttime snaps with the DRL's switched on.
Xryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 11:11   #98
BHPian
 
alexpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London-Kochi
Posts: 71
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Got DRL's for my Swift. Havent installed them. Just got it yesterday evening.
Naveen thats a nice minor upgrade being planned .

Whats the price for the set of DRL's that you brought?

Is it possible to source from net and then install it at local MASS (Autoteam -Alinchovad)

Regards
Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Now thats good news that the daily people took the snaps. You know what, one day one of these Ape guys hit my back bumper near the South over bridge. When I came out shouting at him, he suddenly changed his tactic and said all his financial issues and started crying. Since I had my family with me I left the scene. But when I got into the car and watched him through the ORVM, I saw him laughing. I was about to get out of the car again, and that time my father stopped me from doing it. All these Ape wallahs are real nuts, they have some feeling that all those who are riding cars are having hell lot of money for them to play with. Also 90% of them are running on rented autos and so they don't have any sentiments for those vehicles. Regarding private buses here, I better don't say anything.
Guess what even the Kerala State Transport bus drivers & even two wheelers are resorting to same trick . They will tell all their financial stories , family problems and start crying to avoid paying the damages. On hearing this the locals will support them instead of car owners and ultimately we have to give in. Dont know whom to trust these days .

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2011 at 12:59. Reason: back to back posts
alexpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 14:26   #99
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,735
Thanked: 3,118 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Naveen thats a nice minor upgrade being planned .

Whats the price for the set of DRL's that you brought?

Is it possible to source from net and then install it at local MASS (Autoteam -Alinchovad)

Regards
Alex.
Yes, a small upgrade since I have invested on the side skirts and windshield sun films (which I will install by mid Feb from Blore).

These came around 1.5k including shipping. I got these from the net.
No idea whether MASS will install them since they do not like when we come with after market products. I had tried this at Indus (Thevera). They didnt do it.

Guess you should be trying some local workshops. I would suggest Mustang motors since I had gone there a couple of times when the dealers turned me down.

Also, I have aftermarket grills, so will need some brackets to install these drls.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 16:39   #100
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,709
Thanked: 89,162 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
You should have taken a rod or some kinda heavy brick and smashed up his glasses. I mean coming and banging your car while it was parked !! Where the hell was he looking and driving ?
Perhaps, the next time your car accidentally brushes against someone else's, that person should also take a rod and start banging your car? Or are you the perfect driver who doesn't make any mistakes?

Take a chill pill man! Accidents happen, and no one dashes cars intentionally. And please do NOT post such violent messages on Team-BHP again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
and start crying to avoid paying the damages
You got it wrong, They are NOT liable to pay for any damages. That's what you have insurance for. Even if someone rear ends my car, I have absolutely no right to force them into paying money for repairs. If he does out of a goodwill gesture, excellent. But if they don't, again, there is absolutely NO liability on the driver. Use your insurance policies; that's the exact purpose.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 22:29   #101
BHPian
 
Xryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Banana Republic
Posts: 207
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Perhaps, the next time your car accidentally brushes against someone else's, that person should also take a rod and start banging your car? Or are you the perfect driver who doesn't make any mistakes?

Take a chill pill man! Accidents happen, and no one dashes cars intentionally. And please do NOT post such violent messages on Team-BHP again.
I am not the PERFECT driver and I never made any such claims.
But I think I am good enough a driver that I would not be banging/scraping into a parked car/vehicle. As for the bit with reference to violence, I carry a baseball bat in my car at all times, but it is meant for defending myself rather than for offense. I would not start a brawl at any cost, but I always make sure that I see it through to the end if instigated into a fight. My comment was owing to the fact that Naveen's car was damaged because the other chap was least bothered to be careful. Your "chill pill" will not work if you were the one who runs into,lets say a rick. I would love to see you wriggle out of such a situation without paying the rick driver by reciting out loud the following :
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's what you have insurance for. Even if someone rear ends my car, I have absolutely no right to force them into paying money for repairs. If he does out of a goodwill gesture, excellent. But if they don't, again, there is absolutely NO liability on the driver. Use your insurance policies; that's the exact purpose.
Chill pill / Chalta hai attitude does not work because people tend to push you around, unless ofcourse the other person also remains calm and composed and does not get all defensive and blames you for the accident. I would prefer to be getting my point across peacefully rather than get into a brawl of any sorts.

Even if you drive safe and follow rules, there maybe another clown or joker on the road who thinks it does not matter who he runs down or crashes into.

What I am trying to convey is that I would not instigate violence in any case, but when push comes to shove, I would not advise you to sit back and suck on your thumb either.We are all human beings and at some point or the other, we are all bound to snap.
Xryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 00:00   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
But I think I am good enough a driver that I would not be banging/scraping into a parked car/vehicle.
We all think we are good, until that one careless mistake. And as it is called an accident, the very nature suggests 'unintentional'

I was very careful when i bought my car, talking about my sedan a few years, back. Careful to park it between two trees, and so careful when taking it out that I scraped the bumper against the tree

So, several times, these days, where parking space is a limitation, we have several cars in a tight spot. Some may be good with the parking act and some may not. I generally take extra care when I choose a parking zone. I always try to find a spot against a wall, and not between cars, to minimize risk.

So taking a bat out, just because someone scraped your car and bashing their glass, wow. Maybe someone should try it, then see the reaction when everyone teams up against that person. Remember, even if it becomes a police case, the worst the other person can get booked for is what, causing damamge. But the guy who swung the bat can get, intentionaly causing damage to property, attempted murder using deadly weapon, armed assault, and so on, u get the picture

Anyway, ride safe and better touch wood

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 22nd January 2011 at 00:01. Reason: Spelling mistake
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 00:20   #103
BHPian
 
Xryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Banana Republic
Posts: 207
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Firstly,I have already said it once and to make it clear I am saying again that I will never, for one, instigate the violence or rage. But I sure as hell will not sit back and be pushed around and blamed for an accident I did not cause just because I do not speak the local tongue.

Secondly, I keep that bat as a means to defend myself. There are cases of daylight car-jacking and robberies and what not happening now that I feel it is just good sense to keep it within reach. I have a friend who carries a revolver on his person whenever he hits the road. He was mugged once before and now he has taken to a revolver for his personal protection. You can call him paranoid, but if you saw him after the mugging, I would only call him sensible. Once bitten, twice shy right ?

I am only saying that we should never sit back and be pushed around if we are not at fault. Period.

I do not want to continue posting on this issue anymore as it has gone way OT already.

Mods : Please feel free to delete/shift the posts accordingly.
Xryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:00   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

Agree Xryder. Considering the kind of incidents I hear these days of road rage, at times even i am scared to drive outside. You can also probably consider a mace. Deadly, but not with brutal force. Never know what a baseball bat can do. WHat if you get out, and someone grabs it and starts to hit you with it. So, be careful in what you choose. Mace is the key for defence. And it is not even obvious, as you can conceal it easily.
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:19   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Swift Custom Modz

@naveen: Any pics of the repaired/repainted section? Also, do post pictures of the LEDs (in action) that you have bought, however I felt that they were a little expensive.

Drive safe.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crazy Custom paint jobs X-Machine The International Automotive Scene 67 18th October 2015 13:09
Custom Swift Headlamps blueraven316 Modifications & Accessories 90 5th September 2010 16:38
Custom boot setup for Swift carlover84 In-Car Entertainment 63 14th August 2007 21:39
Optra 1.6 modz sage Modifications & Accessories 6 9th May 2006 04:48
Hey guys!! check out my custom swift!! Abix Modifications & Accessories 9 16th April 2006 20:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks