Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th May 2010, 16:08   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
A vehicle running lean for longer period will heat up the engine and cause more harm IMHO.

Experts your comments about this please.

Can you also post the $ spend on the accessories.
In case of Diesels its not directly applicable like in a Petrol. Diesels like to run lean, they're designed for it.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 16:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

I love everything except the blue interior LED lighting. Any kind of additional mood lighting on the inside looks weird to me, so no offence meant. If you can modify the instrument cluster to emit a blue light, that would be perfect in my book.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 16:51   #18
BHPian

Really like the steering grip.
Seats looks nice, personally I'd like to see it more "plain".

Neat alloys. What tyres are those ? Is that the OE JK 165's ?
Looks like it, if so why ???? Even in stock form swift begs to have wider and better rubber.

Hate the LED lights,the stickers and the shifter knob. Too much "bling" makes it look like a ricer. Anyway for each his own.

Why did you go with the racechip ? Why not RD or Petes ?
Why not a full re-map since it seems you had the $.

Last edited by yzfrj : 5th May 2010 at 16:54.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 19:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Really like the steering grip.
Seats looks nice, personally I'd like to see it more "plain".
Looks like it, if so why ???? Even in stock form swift begs to have wider and better rubber.
Hate the LED lights,the stickers and the shifter knob. Too much "bling" makes it look like a ricer. Anyway for each his own.
Why did you go with the racechip ? Why not RD or Petes ?
Why not a full re-map since it seems you had the $.
i am still undecided on the tyres. not convinced with the current available ones plus the JKs were ok till about 10K. but now with the racechip i feel iam on stillettos and on ice! any suggestions?
i am stuck with the shifter knob because i had to cut out the old one to fit this so this stays, i like it or not!
at 10k on the clock i still have to look out for warranty as well and the racechip is ideal(costs just over Rs.10,000) as i can plug and unplug anytime. maybe once i cross the warrranty limit i should think of a full remap.
sterlingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 19:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post

Very true, those alloys surely deserve a bigger and better rubber.

I am not much into diesels, but i have driven the Swift DDIS, i think even in stock form its a fantastic car to drive. Your Racechip mod would have definitley improved its performance characteristics.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 09:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

James.. Thanks for the pics..Your car will look even better if you hide those LEDs. I just have one suggestion, please change the stock tyres. This is spoiling the entire look.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 6th May 2010 at 09:02.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 14:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi,

What is this racechip that you are talking about. Is it available for all the cars with MJD engine. can you please provide some more information on it so that others like me who would be interested can also have the info available.

Thanks,
Kailash
check out www.racechip.de there is car choice menu and u can click on the brand for the car that you need to chip-tune...
Old 17th May 2010, 16:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen1 View Post
Wanted more feedback on the RACECHIP, are you still running on stock Filter? If so watch out for the Black smoke.
Wating for the report on Yelagiri or Pondy trip.

Pls update the pics of all the 14 mods you did.
dear Praveen1,
tested out the racechip with a trip upto yelagiri and back. what can i say?...the power is so much there and i could drive and overtake without breaking into a sweat! coupled with the already great handling of the car, it was a dream drive. the car was so much more responsive and so quick off the block and most always found myself leading the pack along the entire trip. on the onward trip, dragged with a Fortuner and lost out on the straights(we were 4 in the car while the fortuner had just the driver), but on the return i got the better of a Honda City ZXi(same 4 in my car but only 2 in the Honda City) and stayed ahead till i reached chennai even on the straights. did check out for black smoke but so far no problem. the tyres did hold out quite well(grip handling etc.) which was surprising. the mileage i got on a flat out, pedal to the metal/firewall drive was 15.6 kms. havent checked mileage on an economy drive yet.
Attached Thumbnails
my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-001.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-023.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-086.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-088.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-091.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-147.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-154.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-178.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-239.jpg  

my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!..-yelagiri-275.jpg  

Last edited by sterlingjames : 17th May 2010 at 16:38.
Old 17th May 2010, 21:47   #24
BHPian

Hi sterling,

Very nice mods and beautiful pictures. Your car looks really nice...!!!

Congratulations on the extensive additions and good luck deciding your tyres. I stayed at 14" alloys for my swift ddis and went in for Yokohama A-Drives 195/65/14. Good tyres for comfort and grip but i would have preferred Michelin XM1+ but they are not available in 195/65/14. May i suggest Teflon Coating once a year. I really makes my car shining like new. My car is same color as yours and is 2 yrs old now.

I had a few questions for you..

1. Wurth sound damping for all the doors

How much do they cost and is there a difference in sound quality inside the car with or without them ?

2. 90/100 headlights

How are they different form the regular stock headlights ? & Cost ?

3. since the car had done 10200 kms already, i went for a complete OWS treatment(fully synthetic oil, engine protector, fuel treatment etc.)

There are quite a few listed on there website. Which OWS fully synthetic oil did you go for ?

What was the difference you felt in pickup/engine noise & smooothness from the stock engine oil ?

4. RACECHIP

Did you get the RACECHIP or the RACECHIP Pro ?

How much difference did you feel increase in % wise in Power & Acceleration vs. Stock Swift ?

Have you driven a swift with a Pete's Box or RD ECU to be able to do a direct comparision between these 3 Products ??

Congrats on your extensive mods again and i wish you the best for your Car..!!

Rana

Last edited by rana_kirti : 17th May 2010 at 21:49.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 15:14   #25
BHPian

Dear Rana
pls. see my replies.

1. Wurth sound damping for all the doors

How much do they cost and is there a difference in sound quality inside the car with or without them ?
4500/- for the damping but 'wurth' every rupee! there is no distortion in the music and sometimes when i drive without any music, it is so quiet and soothing like in a merc!without damping the doorpads rattle like nobody's business at higher volume, not to mention road noise etc...

2. 90/100 headlights

How are they different form the regular stock headlights ? & Cost ?
had to do the lights because of the tints on the front windshield, 3000 incl. relay/cutout. but the inside of the reflector dome has already turned a shade darker and the outer shell has some fine crack lines already..so i suggest you skip the lights part of it or go for HID kits.

3. since the car had done 10200 kms already, i went for a complete OWS treatment(fully synthetic oil, engine protector, fuel treatment etc.)

There are quite a few listed on there website. Which OWS fully synthetic oil did you go for ? Multimax HD15w/40. engine is much smoother and responsive.

4. RACECHIP

Did you get the RACECHIP or the RACECHIP Pro ?
RACECHIP. doesnt make sense to fork out 100 euros more for just 3 BHP/13NM torque more from the PRO.
How much difference did you feel increase in % wise in Power & Acceleration vs. Stock Swift ?

Have you driven a swift with a Pete's Box or RD ECU to be able to do a direct comparision between these 3 Products ??
no, but i did try a coimbatore, installed chip car. that was quicker but uncontrollable and the drive was very jerky and unpleasant.

Congrats on your extensive mods again and i wish you the best for your Car..!!

thanks Rana!

Last edited by sterlingjames : 18th May 2010 at 15:17.
Old 18th May 2010, 23:48   #26
BHPian

Hi James,

Continuing my questions as before:-

Did you have to pay anything other that what you paid for the chip and delivery - i mean was there any custom duty that had to pay.

Is the installation straight forward as I would not want to let any one from Fiat to know that I have installed the racechip and hence would like to do it on my own. Would be good if you could scan the instruction manual and upload here for me to know or if you could send it to me on my email address.

Thanks - awaiting your reply

Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 14:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi James,

Continuing my questions as before:-

Did you have to pay anything other that what you paid for the chip and delivery - i mean was there any custom duty that had to pay.

Is the installation straight forward as I would not want to let any one from Fiat to know that I have installed the racechip and hence would like to do it on my own. Would be good if you could scan the instruction manual and upload here for me to know or if you could send it to me on my email address.

Thanks - awaiting your reply

Kailash
dear Kailash
there was no customs duty as it was a single piece and for personal use only.
the installation is very simple but the only thing you need to be careful about is to disconnect the battery(both terminals) and wait a few minutes(actually 27 to 30 secs is enough for all residual current to drain away), but to be on the safe side, wait 10 mins before you start the install. they also have a youtube video of the install posted on the webpage, so watch it before you start off.they also send a very clear step by step instruction manual booklet so no worries there.
Old 26th May 2010, 01:50   #28
BHPian

very nice looking swift there buddy. Invest in good set of tyres and you will really see tbhpians feel happy for you
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 11:13   #29
BHPian

thanks Qaudra,
will do soon enough...
Old 26th May 2010, 11:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post
4500/- for the damping but 'wurth' every rupee! there is no distortion in the music and sometimes when i drive without any music, it is so quiet and soothing like in a merc!without damping the doorpads rattle like nobody's business at higher volume, not to mention road noise etc...
Was damping done on all 4 doors and the hatch lid, or just the doors?
Did you use the wurth spray or the pads? How much was used?

Thanks
rg_chn is offline   Reply With Quote