Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th May 2010, 16:33   #1
jp1
BHPian

Default Bolero - reverse gear switch ?

I have 2006 Bolero SLX (XDP) and its reverse gear switch which connects it to the rear lights have gone bad. It is fixed on the gearbox. Now the reverse lights wont work. I tried to get it changed few times. But the part I am getting is not the correct one. It works few times and then stops working. workshop guys says they cannot get the exact part. Can anyone guide me on exact part number or exactly what type of switch I have to get? I think it is an Isuzu gearbox.
jp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 16:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

tell me the correct gearbox and i will get you the correct part no. Are you talking about the connector/switch?

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 17:52   #3
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
tell me the correct gearbox and i will get you the correct part no. Are you talking about the connector/switch?

Spike
Thanks Spike, This is the reverse light switch, for the rear reverse lights to come on when you engage in reverse gear. This is fixed on the gear box. I am not sure about the gear box as my Bolero owner's manual is misplaced. I remember seeing HM engraved on the cover. So I am assuming it is Isuzu.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:58   #4
BHPian

I know what you are talking about, I too have 2006 Slx XDP and even I had to replace the switch, I tried with India Garage and Sireesh but they never had stock of it. At last found it near my house. I have PM'd you the contact details of the Garage please check.

Regards,
Rajesh
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 19:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

As it is a 2006 model Bolero I believe it is NGT520. Part number is 0703CD0920N. Attaching pic for your clarification. Order this part only if you know the transmission is NGT520 or else send me a PM.

Spike
Attached Thumbnails
Bolero - reverse gear switch ?-1.jpg  

SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 09:08   #6
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I know what you are talking about, I too have 2006 Slx XDP and even I had to replace the switch, I tried with India Garage and Sireesh but they never had stock of it. At last found it near my house. I have PM'd you the contact details of the Garage please check.

Regards,
Rajesh
Thanks Rajesh, I'll check with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
As it is a 2006 model Bolero I believe it is NGT520. Part number is 0703CD0920N. Attaching pic for your clarification. Order this part only if you know the transmission is NGT520 or else send me a PM.

Spike
Thanks again spike, Is there anyway to check whether it is NGT520? Or I'll take the risk and try it. Let me see. I already tried with few and none of them worked.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:33   #7
BHPian

Hi JP1,
XD3P Boleros came with 2 gearboxes; Sportz came with the Isuzu one and the others (GLX) came with BA10.
I belive, only the DI Boleros came with NGT520 gearboxes.

But since, you noticed the HM logo, it must be an Isuzu box.
The reverse gear switch is easily available @ JC road.
Sharada auto (neat Urvashi Theatre) or Prestige Auto or Car Automobiles.
jeeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 09:27   #8
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Hi JP1,
XD3P Boleros came with 2 gearboxes; Sportz came with the Isuzu one and the others (GLX) came with BA10.
I belive, only the DI Boleros came with NGT520 gearboxes.

But since, you noticed the HM logo, it must be an Isuzu box.
The reverse gear switch is easily available @ JC road.
Sharada auto (neat Urvashi Theatre) or Prestige Auto or Car Automobiles.
Thansks Jeeva, I tried from JC road earlier. The problem is to identify the exact part number as there are so many variations of the gear box. The one which I am having now is from JC Road and it has its own mind, it works at times. So the problem is length of the pin which sticks out from the switch, the pin acts as the on/off mechanism.