Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 20th May 2010, 17:25   #16
BHPian

Riju!!!! what was that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
What do you mean by pep-up , better looking exteriors or a sheep in wolves clothing ?

I did wisely put my money on a few engine mods and leave it at that. Aesthetically the zen looks clean and would prefer to leave it the same way.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 19:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Riju!!!! what was that!!!
Well I meant an all show no go car " Dressed to look aggressive" .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 20th May 2010 at 19:31.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 00:37   #18
BHPian

Hey Vishnu

I think the car would look pretty neat with the front mesh. Adding a mesh to the open part of the front bumper may also look good but the rear spoiler may let you down. And also why were the spacers added for a 155/65 R 13? One of friends is running a 195/45 R14 and another guy is running a 165/65 R13 and both of them haven't used spacers. The 195 profile hits the sidewalls when you turn it to a side completely but he doesn't find it much of a problem that he needs to added spacers and the 165 profile has absolutely no problem.

Am not familiar with that many mod shops in Chennai but I have heard that Hi-Rev does a pretty decent job. Which is the best place to turn to, to get my car's pillars done black?

Cheers
Nithin
nithin_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 19:03   #19
BHPian

@Nithin...the reason why he added spacers is, when the car is fully loaded(4 or 5 fat ppl), and hit a hump on 70-80 kmph speed, then the back tyres scraps the wheel arch on few points. So to avoid it, he added spacers. No issues with front wheel even if he does a full turn in slow/high speed.

But still the problem persist with the back wheel only when hitting a hump on high speed. Not on a regular city driving condition. Is there any thing that we can do to avoid this in high speed?
vishnu.csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 19:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
@Nithin...the reason why he added spacers is, when the car is fully loaded(4 or 5 fat ppl), and hit a hump on 70-80 kmph speed, then the back tyres scraps the wheel arch on few points. So to avoid it, he added spacers. No issues with front wheel even if he does a full turn in slow/high speed.
vishnu definitely not recommended to do high speeds with spacers installed in the car. The handling is pretty bad with spacers installed and if you were to take curve at full speed its just a good recipe for disaster. Please drive safe.

Quote:
But still the problem persist with the back wheel only when hitting a hump on high speed. Not on a regular city driving condition. Is there any thing that we can do to avoid this in high speed?
The best thing to do is downsize the tires , saves you the headache of running checking for suspension upgrades and other stuff.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 19:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
2) HID kit or better lighting option
3) Better FOG lamps
4) K & N filter
5) FFE
6) Mesh Grille
2) 130/100 Halogen will do the job, I have them on my zen. Don't waste money on HID as the headlights on a zen can take the "Heat".

3) Personally I would't, but hey who am I to stop.

4) Have not used, so no idea.

5) Will not have any significant improvement. FFE will definitely increase "mental HP".

6) If done nice that would look sweet.

I'd really recommend a strut brace, I'm using one it cost me around 2k and its money well spent IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
The stock zen of this model comes with 12" wheels so when putting the 13" alloys was there any mods done to wheel wells or the suspension?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
165 profile has absolutely no problem.
I have 165/65/13 except for the horribly tight steering (mine is a non PS Zen) at low speed. Its fine and does't foul with anything unless and until you do some sane speed on bad roads, else sometimes it does bottom out.

Personally I'll keep the "stock" looks as Zen is a good looking car and "bling" just spoils it for me.

Last edited by yzfrj : 24th May 2010 at 19:41. Reason: typo
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 09:32   #22
BHPian

@yzfrj - Personally I agree with you on the stock look. The car looks best with a decent pair of alloys and completely stock. Adding a mesh to the front grill just adds to the look. The body kits and stuff that I have seen so far haven't really caught my attention, though a matte black hood is something that I have found appealing.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:49   #23
BHPian

Thanks guys. I have one query regarding mesh. Is there any brand available in mesh.

Will that make any difference. Of course the quality has to be good.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:59   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. I have one query regarding mesh. Is there any brand available in mesh.

Will that make any difference. Of course the quality has to be good.
You dont get the complete mesh grill as a set. There are few brands offering just the mesh, but you will have to DIY. The complete finish is custom made. I have installed a custom mesh grill (Upper and Lower) on my Swift for 2.5k
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 15:03   #25
BHPian

Hi Naveen. Thanks for the info.

I will talk to my friend reagrding this.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:04   #26
BHPian

Default Regarding Mesh

When you get the mesh done do let me know where you got it done. I am also currently in Chennai and was planning to get the front mesh done. I talked to the people at Hi-Rev and they told me it would come around 1800 bucks.

Is it possible to actually fabricate a custom frame and add the mesh to it instead of actually cutting out the current grill and adding the mesh to it? I find the area in the current grill a little less that i feel it doesn't quite stand out(pre 2004 Zen).
Old 26th May 2010, 10:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When you get the mesh done do let me know where you got it done. I am also currently in Chennai and was planning to get the front mesh done. I talked to the people at Hi-Rev and they told me it would come around 1800 bucks.

Is it possible to actually fabricate a custom frame and add the mesh to it instead of actually cutting out the current grill and adding the mesh to it? I find the area in the current grill a little less that i feel it doesn't quite stand out(pre 2004 Zen).
Usually, they keep the existing frame and add the mesh grill onto it. As for my swift, (which doent have any frame) the whole grill was replaced with a custom mesh grill and support frame on the top.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:00   #28
BHPian

@naveen - The mesh on your car has been very neatly done. Can you tell me where in Kochi you got it done? One of my friends got it done from that garage near the Virus in Kaloor. It was a very poorly done job that he redid it later on from Road Runner in Coimbatore.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:51   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@naveen - The mesh on your car has been very neatly done. Can you tell me where in Kochi you got it done? One of my friends got it done from that garage near the Virus in Kaloor. It was a very poorly done job that he redid it later on from Road Runner in Coimbatore.
I got it installed from "Overdrive" between Palarivattom and Vytilla near Pitstop. They do all kind of mods for all cars. If you need anything from them, just let me know. Will introduce them to you.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:59   #30
BHPian

Thanks mate. I will let you know before I come down next time. I have never seen the place that you mentioned before. Actually it's been a long time since I have come down for more than a weekend. They seem to have done a great job on your car. I think I will get the mesh done when I am down there next.