Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 29th June 2010, 11:41   #136
BHPian

I am not sure if this has been covered, If Yes, then I did not get the idea clearly. I have a Wagon R with the iCAT system. So that means apart from the FOB circuit, I have to use the "Same" key with the 1" Rubber Key Head (else engine would not start). How will the Flip Key Case manage that? Or, how will "I" mange to fit it into the case?
Exhaust_Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 12:39   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post
I am not sure if this has been covered, If Yes, then I did not get the idea clearly. I have a Wagon R with the iCAT system. So that means apart from the FOB circuit, I have to use the "Same" key with the 1" Rubber Key Head (else engine would not start). How will the Flip Key Case manage that? Or, how will "I" mange to fit it into the case?
You don need the Rubber head! Your key has a transponder chip along with standard key blade. That chip can be easily transferred to the case and the key can be cut in the blank blade which can fit in this case.

I hope I am making some sense!!

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 29th June 2010 at 12:42.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 12:58   #138
BHPian

Yes you are and thanks for that! Now, to hunt for teh near-perfect shape and button placement match
Exhaust_Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 18:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Ok guys, so finally I have received my S205. And the news is, it dosent fits the Hyundai OEM. The buttons are placed at correct lenght, but the PCB dosent fits in the free space. I am thinking of chipping the PCB to adjust it, but there is not much space to chop :(. It will try the chopping once I am home.
Hey Mrinal. Disappointing news bro. I am surprised that after all the measurements that were sent to them, it still didnt fit? Did they measure their remote case and confirm the fit? If so, inform them of the same and send it back to them and ask for a refund or another suitable case.

In my case they have measured the FOB and confirmed a prefect fit, hope all goes well.

Keep us posted on the modification you are planning to do to the PCB and if it works.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 00:29   #140
Senior - BHPian

Any idea regarding the key used in FIGO ? Does Fusion & FIGO share similar key in India ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 07:00   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Any idea regarding the key used in FIGO ? Does Fusion & FIGO share similar key in India ?
Yes it does. I have a Fusion and a friend has a Figo and the keys look visibly similar.
sachinayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 08:44   #142
BHPian

Has anyone tried to get a duplicate flippy key for Fiat Punto. I tried to get an additional key for my car but was told that it would cost me 23k as it needs to be imported from Italy by a SA. (which I don't believe the price is for the car key, I think he was trying to persuade me not to try and get one). But anyways I am looking for a duplicate flippy key for my Punto.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:57   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hey Mrinal. Disappointing news bro. I am surprised that after all the measurements that were sent to them, it still didnt fit? Did they measure their remote case and confirm the fit? If so, inform them of the same and send it back to them and ask for a refund or another suitable case.

In my case they have measured the FOB and confirmed a prefect fit, hope all goes well.

Keep us posted on the modification you are planning to do to the PCB and if it works.
Hi Epic,

yes it is disappointing :(. They had suggested me to order this model, but the remote is bigger by minimum 2 mm in all directions. I sent an email to them yesterday, but there is no reply yet. Also, I tried to chip my remote and fit it to the case, but that did not work. I cleared the maximum that anyone can and still the remote is bigger. In the process, I have damaged my remote's antenna too, now it operates only in the range of 2 feet . Just ordered a new remote. I have asked the guy to bring different models of remote so that I can choose something which might fit my FOB. Still having hope that it might work
Old 30th June 2010, 11:43   #144
BHPian

A question for all the lucky people who have received the flippy keys. How long does it take before it gets to the reciepient? I am aware of Mrinal's agony so am trying to be as patient as possible. The tracking page shows the status as below. Does it change any more?

Status Date
departure from outward office of exchange 26/06/2010
arrival at transit office of exchange 26/06/2010
departure from transit office of exchange 24/06/2010
arrival at transit office of exchange 24/06/2010
posting 23/06/2010
Despatch email with tracking No. 19th June
Payment Confirmation 19th June
Ordered 18th June

Last edited by ZeroThoughts : 30th June 2010 at 11:53. Reason: Formatting problem
ZeroThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:59   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
A question for all the lucky people who have received the flippy keys. How long does it take before it gets to the reciepient? I am aware of Mrinal's agony so am trying to be as patient as possible. The tracking page shows the status as below. Does it change any more?

Status Date
departure from outward office of exchange 26/06/2010
arrival at transit office of exchange 26/06/2010
departure from transit office of exchange 24/06/2010
arrival at transit office of exchange 24/06/2010
posting 23/06/2010
Despatch email with tracking No. 19th June
Payment Confirmation 19th June
Ordered 18th June
you should get it in 3-4 days time. The status is updated till it is in China mail control. Once it reached India, our post office has to update it but they don't do that.

If you don't receive it in 4 days, go to the the local post-office with the package number (the same which you put in the website to check the status) and don't leave till you get the info. I went to the PO twice and the first time came out in 5 minutes once they told that they have not received it. Next time, I was there for 20 minutes and I had the info.
Old 1st July 2010, 13:01   #146
BHPian

Another ray of hope! I invited the autocop service engineer over to my place yesterday evening with all the remote models they have. he arrived with 10-12 models, but none of them fit my flippy key. He suggested that he will take the case with him and show it to the technician at the office because sometimes, they assemble remotes on custom PCBs if they have time and interest. I asked him to make sure that he doesn't scratches/ damages my case and he promised to take proper care of the same. I hope he comes back with a positive news!
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:27   #147
BHPian

all the best with that mrinal! and epic.. any news on your key??
anuj1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:45   #148
BHPian

My key case got delivered on 1st. Was not aware as I was out of town. Now to the task of getting the blade cut into a key. Anyone know of a good & reliable keymaker in Delhi/NOIDA area? Will post pictures once I get going this weekend.
ZeroThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 14:53   #149
Senior - BHPian

Default Disappointed!!!

Hi guys!

Received my 'S409' Flip Key Case today and immediately got to work to fit my PCB in the case. However, I was highly disappointed with the fact that not only does it not fit in the case but the buttons do not match exactly over with those on the PCB. I have written an email to the DSP guys and awaiting their reply on the same.

Taking Mrinal's idea, I even spoke to the Xenos technician who visits my place on whether a custom PCB can be made or if he knows anyone who can do it for me but he didn't have a clue. I do not know what to do now and really sad about the whole outcome. I can only wait for a reply from the DSP guys on advice on how to take this further.

I wonder if there is anyone in Mumbai who can custom make a PCB?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 15:23   #150
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the key not fitting for you Epic. I was hoping that it might fit your remote. The sad part is "no reply" from DSP stores now :(.. The autocop guy will confirm the feasibility by tomorrow. So I am waiting for a news from him.

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 5th July 2010 at 15:24.