Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 13:47   #181
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 920
Thanked: 264 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Guys,
Here is what i did after i got the flip key for my i10. One of my friend has a versa and he wanted this flip key for it. He has autocop installed, we checked if the existing i10 flip key sold by DSP matches the buttons of autocop. It matched, then we ordered one more flip key from DSP. After getting the flip key, we got a duplicate key done separately for versa. Replaced the existing key in the flip key with the duplicate key. It was very easy. And it costed us Rs.150 for the duplicate key. Cost of the flip key was Rs.900(Bought from DSP)
So my suggestions, check with DSP if they can match the buttons for your existing key. If they can match it then, buy that flip key and follow the above method.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 23:54   #182
BHPian
 
Ranjimso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

This is the new Autocop remote locking i have...can anyone tell me if it qualifies for the flippy keys - it's a santro key if that helps
Attached Thumbnails
Flippy Keys-29042011001.jpg  

Flippy Keys-28042011.jpg  


Last edited by Ranjimso : 29th April 2011 at 23:55.
Ranjimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2011, 09:26   #183
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 391
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

What about Swift ? I have OEM Nippon Security System.

Last edited by nisarg86 : 30th April 2011 at 09:33.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:07   #184
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 920
Thanked: 264 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

@nisarg86,
Can you post a pic of the remote ?
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 21:16   #185
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Got my flip keys for my Old zen from Harison Keys in Panchkula, looks great and comes with a Suzuki logo as well. It works like a charm no issues absolutely. The casing looks solid and no feeling of poor construction. Here are the pics

Pic1: My old remote and the keys (Crosslink Wheels Remote)
Pic2 onwards the flippy keys pics
Attached Images
     
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 21:56   #186
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 816
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Got my flip keys for my Old zen from Harison Keys in Panchkula, looks great and comes with a Suzuki logo as well. It works like a charm no issues absolutely. The casing looks solid and no feeling of poor construction. Here are the pics

Pic1: My old remote and the keys (Crosslink Wheels Remote)
Pic2 onwards the flippy keys pics
Looks nice buddy. How much did these cost?
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 12:16   #187
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Looks nice buddy. How much did these cost?
It costed 1650 inclouding shipping & one spare Ultralite emergency key
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 12:33   #188
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,757
Thanked: 1,508 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Got my flip keys for my Old zen from Harison Keys in Panchkula, looks great and comes with a Suzuki logo as well. It works like a charm no issues absolutely. The casing looks solid and no feeling of poor construction. Here are the pics

Pic1: My old remote and the keys (Crosslink Wheels Remote)
Pic2 onwards the flippy keys pics
Nice.
I visited the guy personally,and he told me,that he has a few orders from team bhp.
I am waiting for a particular Flip,that i had selected,it was not in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
It costed 1650 inclouding shipping & one spare Ultralite emergency key
I too have that spare Key,in the same color,as my car
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 14:57   #189
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,206
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Guys, now I came across the Ebay site which were selling a lot of these Flip Keys, but I have a few questons related to this.

1. It says remove the chip from your existing unit and then place it in the flip key case. Now, for instance the key I have has two buttons on top (One for lock on the left and unlock on the right and the bottom large key is for blinking). Now the flip key has buttons in a vertical fashion. So how would it work? All in the range of 18 to 30 USD from Hong Kong and so on

2. Any other info on this and if possible some DIY pics
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 15:15   #190
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,757
Thanked: 1,508 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Guys, now I came across the Ebay site which were selling a lot of these Flip Keys, but I have a few questons related to this.

1. It says remove the chip from your existing unit and then place it in the flip key case. Now, for instance the key I have has two buttons on top (One for lock on the left and unlock on the right and the bottom large key is for blinking). Now the flip key has buttons in a vertical fashion. So how would it work? All in the range of 18 to 30 USD from Hong Kong and so on

2. Any other info on this and if possible some DIY pics
If you have a Autocop unit,just get a replacement remote,the one with vertically stacked buttons.
This is what i would be doing for my Accent's Key.
My stock Autocop remote went bad,so i got a replacement Autocop remote(it has buttons stacked vertically),so the chip is plug and play in this case,all i need to do is,to plug the circuit in the flip key.
Now all i need is a flip key
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 16:43   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
If you have a Autocop unit,just get a replacement remote,the one with vertically stacked buttons.
This is what i would be doing for my Accent's Key.
My stock Autocop remote went bad,so i got a replacement Autocop remote(it has buttons stacked vertically),so the chip is plug and play in this case,all i need to do is,to plug the circuit in the flip key.
Now all i need is a flip key
yup its plug n play for vertically stacked buttons, i even got an option for boot opener but then i can't remotely open the boot in my zen with the remote so opted for the 2 button one. So which one are you look for?

I got a pink colored spare key, definately not my car color
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 16:49   #192
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,757
Thanked: 1,508 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
yup its plug n play for vertically stacked buttons, i even got an option for boot opener but then i can't remotely open the boot in my zen with the remote so opted for the 2 button one. So which one are you look for?

I got a pink colored spare key, definately not my car color
Thats why i opted for one without the boot release for my car.
Unfortunately it is out of stock for now.
I got a Maroon spare key(the light weight one) for my Maroon Accent.
I am going in for this Flip key.
I think it was Stock flip key for Elantra.
Attached Images
 
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 23:30   #193
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,206
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Yes, I do have the old 2008 model autocop. For my Beat, the new Autocop is the vertically stacked one. As for the idea about a 2 button remote, then in that case, arent you negating the functionality of the 3rd button on the chip then. How would you use the blinker function when you need to, or if you want to arm / disarm silent mode? As for the 3 button flip type, the key may say open trunk, but in reality it is for the 3rd button of the remote
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 11:01   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,757
Thanked: 1,508 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Yes, I do have the old 2008 model autocop. For my Beat, the new Autocop is the vertically stacked one. As for the idea about a 2 button remote, then in that case, arent you negating the functionality of the 3rd button on the chip then. How would you use the blinker function when you need to, or if you want to arm / disarm silent mode? As for the 3 button flip type, the key may say open trunk, but in reality it is for the 3rd button of the remote
I agree,but i hardly use the third button(Read Panic button).
Now i had lost one of the OEM remote,and Second one has gone bust.
So now i got a replacement one from Autocop(On which flip key will be based)it has two buttons only,Here is the pic of the old remote vs the new one.
And not to mention the replacement remote looks hideous so i will go in for a flip key,somehow,i prefer the looks of the 2 button one over the others.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by akshay4587 : 11th May 2011 at 11:12.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 11:40   #195
BHPian
 
mac187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 523
Thanked: 294 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Can we get this done for a Swift? Also any pointers for a place in b'lore would be of great help.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stylish Flippy Keys, Locksmith & Keyfob Repairs - Hitesh Mehta (Ghaziabad) Ace F355 Delhi NCR 14 22nd December 2016 16:53
DIY: Flippy Key paragsachania DIY - Do it yourself 59 23rd February 2016 10:52
Original remote's chipboard doesn't fit in flippy key shell. Now what? Soumyajit9 Technical Stuff 6 16th March 2015 14:48
Duplicate Keys z klasse Shifting gears 1 2nd April 2006 14:04
Locked the keys in the car bruce Technical Stuff 40 24th October 2005 01:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks