Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th August 2011, 11:09   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Flippy Keys

Anyone done it yet for the Linea spare key? One is a flippy, the second is a non-flip. Can I get the second one converted to flip?
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 20:33   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Krishnaraj Enterprises - Immobilizer Key Duplication Services for Indian Automobiles

I think this is the place. Brilliant, im gonna go there sometime this week. Thank god I dont have to order on ebay and pester my Honda dealer to program, these guys look professional enough.
bringing this back after almost a year, but did you visit them? and are they good? I am planning to go visit them for getting a flipkey for my swift. Pls share your experience if you have been to their place.
bigblackshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 21:59   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
bringing this back after almost a year, but did you visit them? and are they good? I am planning to go visit them for getting a flipkey for my swift. Pls share your experience if you have been to their place.
Didn't end up changing my key. But they seem to be professional enough. Why not give it a shot.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 00:14   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Didn't end up changing my key. But they seem to be professional enough. Why not give it a shot.
Ah ok, just thought it would be nice to have a review, will go check them out, might be in that area tomo or day after.
Old 17th September 2011, 10:13   #215
Senior - BHPian

The work on the Swift key looks good. Nisrag got his flippy keys for his swift. Looks pretty decent. Am looking for the same also.
@bigblackshark - Keep me updated.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 20:54   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@bigblackshark - Keep me updated.
Spoke to Pulin today, he wasnt available, mostly going there tomorrow, will update accordingly.
bigblackshark is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 22:11   #217
BHPian

Got time today and headed to get my flippy key. Pulin was not available again, but told me that his person will attend to me when i get there.

Location: Bang opposite Kabootar Khana, its easy to spot krishnaraj enterprises board and lots of keys hanging there (typical key duplication store types)

Its a no parking zone, luckily being sunday the area was empty and i could park right outside the store and since sundays are mostly no towing days, it was ok!

The Keys: They do all kinds of keys, though when u look at the shop it wouldnt give you the confidence of this happening here.

My key: Maruti Swift zxi 2007 - nippon ncs 309 originally came with the car

The cost: If you have the new remotes that maruti gives these days, with the buttons inside the keys itself, then it would cost you 1500 for the flippy key, if you have the old remotes like mine, then it would cost you 1500 + 1200 for a new remote, however if you are ready to let go of your old nippon remote then the total will be 2000, for the flippy key and remote.

The experience: Overall Pulin has been very communicative, and that instills confidence with whom you deal with. The store, frankly, I wasnt sure if they would be able to do this when i saw the place. However when his guy came out and i asked him to show the flippy key first for quality, after seeing that I was like ok let me go ahead with this. They had electronic machines to read the keys properly and stuff like that. overall time taken 25 minutes, to cut open the old key to get the transponder out which sits again in the flippy key, then filing the key to exact dimensions as the old key and installing it into the flip module. This was done on the typical key duplication machines.

Once set, the key was tested directly into the lock cylinders and it worked fine. Now pairing of the remotes was left. This is where the guy making the key did not know what to do, I guess he was being guided over the phone by someone who was not at work today. But couldnt crack it. So now i have working key with a non working remote. Pulin spoke to him and told him to take my address and promised that one of their guys will be sent to my place tomorrow to resolve the same. This had taken about half an hour more and finally with a heavy heart of having a new key but still not being able to fully use it left from there. :(

Once this is resolved i think the product is very nice to hold and look at. It does not feel cheap, the buttons have a distinct click. Though it is not as good in finish as the ones that come with the polo but I am happy with it.

Some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Flippy Keys-1.jpg  

Flippy Keys-2.jpg  

Flippy Keys-3.jpg  

Flippy Keys-4.jpg  

bigblackshark is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 22:36   #218
BHPian

Well i guess it is about time that we have some on in Bangalore who can do flippy keys. I would feel comfortable getting the keys done here rather than sending them outstation. I know it is secure however old habits die hard.

Would anyone know if there are guys doing flippy keys in Bangalore?
sumathindra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 00:14   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
One needs to reprogram the Nippon Security after you convert it into Flip Key.
I got the same thing done in Mumbai, however the guy was not able to pair the remote as one of his guys was not there. Would you mind sharing the procedure to pair the keys with nippon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I would feel comfortable getting the keys done here rather than sending them outstation. I know it is secure however old habits die hard.
This is the exact reason i could not just send my keys to chandigarh and got it done right in front of my eyes. Just makes me feel more sure and secure!
Old 19th September 2011, 12:39   #220
BHPian

Quote:
I got the same thing done in Mumbai, however the guy was not able to pair the remote as one of his guys was not there. Would you mind sharing the procedure to pair the keys with nippon.

This is the exact reason i could not just send my keys to chandigarh and got it done right in front of my eyes. Just makes me feel more sure and secure!
Good for you that there is someone who does it in Mumbai and the result is also quite good. The new key looks awesome!

I can probably ask my brother who lives in Mumbai to check and i would have no problems sending it to him . Would this guy do flippy keys for the figo?

Last edited by sumathindra : 19th September 2011 at 12:41. Reason: edits
sumathindra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 14:23   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Would this guy do flippy keys for the figo?
Yup i guess i saw ford keys in his box of flippy's but you might want to check with him directly, you can find his contact details on his website - Krishnaraj Enterprises - Immobilizer Key Duplication Services for Indian Automobiles

You should be getting in touch with Pulin Ashar, guess he is the owner of the place.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:05   #222
BHPian

Got my SX4 Nippon converted into a flip key. I took my chances of sending the keys to Harison Keys from Bangalore. The quality of the flip key & remote is good.
The programming part was tricky, but does not take time. I followed the steps provided. It didn't work for the first 2 tries, so was bit disappointed. I tried it again the next day & it worked.
lavish_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 13:00   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
The programming part was tricky, but does not take time. I followed the steps provided. It didn't work for the first 2 tries, so was bit disappointed. I tried it again the next day & it worked.
Can you post the programming procedure, I am assuming the sx4 and the swift share the same nippon system. My key is yet to be programmed. As per the last update the person is supposed to turn up today to resolve the same. But if you can post the programming procedure maybe i could give it a go myself.

Last edited by bigblackshark : 20th September 2011 at 13:01.
Old 20th September 2011, 21:17   #224
BHPian

Update: So Pulin sent his person today to my place, and this guy tried everything but the remote just wouldnt pair. He replaced the 2 button remote with an extra 2 button remote that he had carried along which would pair. but once that was installed inside the casing it wouldnt work. It would refuse to send transmission and would lock the car sometimes on pressing it hard. The moment u take it out of the case it would work fine.

Pulin then requested me to come back to his store where they could try with another set. But the problem just would not get resolved and i think he did not have more cases to try with as this was the last one for the swift he had available. So he promptly returned my old remote and made me a new key as the original key had been cut to get the transponder out of it and returned the money he had charged me.

So overall a sad day as the flipkey is gone :(

What his technician told me is that all nippon systems are different, and mine is a NCS 309, most of their remotes pair easily with 509 and above. Guess thats what the issue might be.

So now its either harrison keys but then if the same issue might happen then it would be a problem. Pulin being local is accessible and was prompt with a refund, I wonder wether i should get it done from Chandigarh or not.
Old 21st September 2011, 09:31   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Update: So Pulin sent his person today to my place, and this guy tried everything but the remote just wouldnt pair. He replaced the 2 button remote with an extra 2 button remote that he had carried along which would pair. but once that was installed inside the casing it wouldnt work. It would refuse to send transmission and would lock the car sometimes on pressing it hard. The moment u take it out of the case it would work fine.

Pulin then requested me to come back to his store where they could try with another set. But the problem just would not get resolved and i think he did not have more cases to try with as this was the last one for the swift he had available. So he promptly returned my old remote and made me a new key as the original key had been cut to get the transponder out of it and returned the money he had charged me.

So overall a sad day as the flipkey is gone :(

What his technician told me is that all nippon systems are different, and mine is a NCS 309, most of their remotes pair easily with 509 and above. Guess thats what the issue might be.

So now its either harrison keys but then if the same issue might happen then it would be a problem. Pulin being local is accessible and was prompt with a refund, I wonder wether i should get it done from Chandigarh or not.
Very unfortunate that it didn't work.
My experience with Harisons was good. The person named Yogesh is very responsive.

The programming steps which was given to me for my SX4 was:

1. Unlock the car using your old remote.
2. Keep the driver side door open during the programming process
3. Insert the key into the ignition key slot & turn the key towards ON (do not start the car)
4. Press the Alarm switch once & then second time keep it pressed till you hear a beep sound. The Alarm switch will be found next to your headlamp leveling switch.
5. Now press the lock/unlock button on the new flip remote.
6. You can remove the key from the ignition slot to end the programming.
7. The new remote should now allow you to lock/unlock the car.
8. Check if both the remotes are working.

I couldn't get the beep for the first two tries. It worked on the third try.
lavish_n is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote