Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th September 2013, 21:38   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Finally got the keys of my chevy spark converted into flippy one by Yogesh from Harrison Keys.

Pics do the talking.

Attachment 1135280

Attachment 1135281

Attachment 1135282

Attachment 1135283

Attachment 1135284
I've been trying to do the same for a very long time and I've contacted Harrison too. But he said Spark's key is too big to be fit into Flippy Pack. Now, why didn't you get it fitted into a Cruze Keyfob??
Eminenttismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2013, 22:58   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Finally got the keys of my chevy spark converted into flippy one by Yogesh from Harrison Keys.
Congrats for the new flip key. Mind discussing the total cost involved.
Correct me if wrong, bt the key FOB is marked as suzuki. Was that the only option available?
Grr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 15:03   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
I've been trying to do the same for a very long time and I've contacted Harrison too. But he said Spark's key is too big to be fit into Flippy Pack. Now, why didn't you get it fitted into a Cruze Keyfob??
As Grr7 pointed out, its a suzuki key fob & as per Yogesh, this is the only fob that fits a chevy spark key. Loved the ecosport fob on their FB page though.

Keep in mind, the silent lock/unlock button doesnt work in the new fob key. Yogesh advised to press both lock & unlock buttons together as a workaround however that doesnt work. It then activates the siren & you need to press the lock / unlock button to calm it down. But, aint it looking great lying on the table?

Try contacting now and give my car's reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Congrats for the new flip key. Mind discussing the total cost involved.
Correct me if wrong, bt the key FOB is marked as suzuki. Was that the only option available?
2k is the cost + 70 for shipping.
quadra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 02:17   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't bash me here now for going against the tide

I just don't like these modern flip keys that comes with car. It just beats out the feeling of the "key in your hands" but gives a "box in hands" feeling.

I also hate that remote separate and key separate thing. The lock/unlock buttons must be on the key itself which gives a feeling of oneness.

The main part is I am not able to use the Team-BHP key chains that I have bought. It is sitting idle as I don't like attaching that with the remote hanging in the keys for my Ritz. But now I am happy as I will be soon having the Swift ZDi keys which sport the lock/unlock buttons on the key so the key chain becomes Team-BHP one!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 13:14   #275
BHPian

Any chance I can get a flipkey for my Scoda Octavia (2005 model)
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 14:42   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Any chance I can get a flipkey for my Scoda Octavia (2005 model)
Check the post# 255 in this thread.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 16:32   #277
Senior - BHPian

Would the Ford Fiesta's key be accomodated by this Flippy key's design? I find the OEM remote controls very bulky and cubersome! :(
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 19:46   #278
BHPian

Mods please delete this post of you feel the post is irrelevant.

I was searching over internet for an center lock for my bullet and i have came through an product which i feel pretty reasonable for the price i paid.

i have been given two Flippy keys(free of cost)which i would be using one for the bike and the other one would be DIY Flippy key for EON.

pictures attached for the reference.
Attached Images

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 11th October 2013 at 19:47.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 14:20   #279
BHPian

Update: my spark's flippy key is not working properly since few weeks. If the key is folded IN, the lock & unlock button dont work. When I open the key, then the buttons work properly post which if I again fold the key IN the buttons start working again. The above situation is random.

Edit: the buttons have kind of lost the feel and crispness. When the key is IN, even if you press the buttons with good mount of pressure, it doesn't open / close the lock. Will have to get it checked with the key manufacturer. Will post the pics soon of button having different raised levels.

Last edited by quadra : 7th December 2013 at 14:25.
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 20:12   #280
BHPian

Folks in Bangalore who are interested in flip keys - I have found 2 key duplicators who have flip key blanks, I was interested in one for my Honda City and they had a flip key available for it. One vendor is Prakash Keys on Sampige Road in Malleshwaram and the other is Gupta Keys on Dr. Rajkumar Road.
uday.ere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 20:14   #281
BHPian

Update 2: The troublesome flippy key got slightly twisted today when opening the boot door. It was always yikes when opening the boot with the flippy key as i was scared the fob might break.
I am now back to STOCK key chain.
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 18:07   #282
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Guys

Would anyone know who can do this fitment in chennai ? Flip keys are available for Maruti Cars including Ertiga, its easy to source but i was wondering who can do the swap. The ad mentions a video on Youtube describing how this can be done, seems pretty simple but thinking if DYI is the way to go .

Any suggestions are welcome , kindly see the link

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Suzuki-flip-k...#ht_500wt_1203
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 18:16   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Guys

Would anyone know who can do this fitment in chennai ? Flip keys are available for Maruti Cars including Ertiga, its easy to source but i was wondering who can do the swap. The ad mentions a video on Youtube describing how this can be done, seems pretty simple but thinking if DYI is the way to go .

Any suggestions are welcome , kindly see the link

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Suzuki-flip-k...#ht_500wt_1203
If you have the tools, DIY is best.

Go to GP Road in chennai and any shop can fit it for you. It is basically just removing the PCB from the orignal maruti key and fixing that in the Flip key. the buttons that come on the flip key will correspond to the button on the PCB.

Any key maker can cut the key pattern for you. costs will be 50-100 max per key. Look out for "lathe" or "milling" type machine and DO NOT go for the manual hand-filing option.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 13th January 2014 at 18:28.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 18:28   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If you have the tools, DIY is best.

Go to GP Road in chennai and any shop can fit it for you. It is basically just removing the PCB from the orignal maruti key and fixing that in the Flip key. the buttons that come on the flip key will correspond to the button on the PCB.

Any key maker can cut the key patter for you. casts will be 50-100 max per key. Look out for "lathe" or "milling" type machine and DO NOT go for the manual hand-filing option.

Thanks for the reply, i will check it out soon.What i cant understand is why would they give a copper key along with the set. there should have been an option to fix the original key into it
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 16:28   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Thanks for the reply, i will check it out soon.What i cant understand is why would they give a copper key along with the set. there should have been an option to fix the original key into it
I am not sure about any "copper" key. They provide a key blank with the flippy key that can be cut to size of the original key.

The original key cannot be flipped or folded that is the reason flippy keys were introduced. Theoritically we could make a casing that could fold the original key but you would need to carry one whole big key. it will be unwieldy to carry.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2014 at 12:29.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote