Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th May 2010, 06:38   #16
knp
BHPian

Even for the oval keys, I remember GiES had some models, but now they are de-listed in ebay.com. I will try to send out a mail to the GiES as they are directly selling now. These GiES are the OEM suppliers for KIA and Hyundai in europe.

Presently, I think that the following model might fit the oval keys.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flip-...item2a07316129

You can send out a mail with the pictures of your existing key and they would advice the model. All the models cost the same price.

Last edited by knp : 26th May 2010 at 06:43.
knp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 10:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default My Key

Hi Doc,

I am sorry but I didn't get what you are trying to say. You got the picture right though. This is what my key an remote looks like. This is an after market Xenos Security system but I cant find a casing that matches the one like that of the Xenos remote. What am I to do in this case?
Attached Images

Last edited by Epic : 26th May 2010 at 10:02.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 11:09   #18
knp
BHPian

Hi Epic,

You can get this flip key of rectangle shape and the remote chips can be fitted into this rectangular one. You can send out a mail to the seller with this pic and they will point you to the correct model.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Hi Epic,

You can get this flip key of rectangle shape and the remote chips can be fitted into this rectangular one. You can send out a mail to the seller with this pic and they will point you to the correct model.
Hi knp,

can you please share the contact information with gies here?

TIA..
Mrinal.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 13:17   #20
CCP

There are many car Remote locking brands which offer this type of arrangement. It comes with a remote which has a fixture to accomodate your car key. But in that case you will need to fit there transponder chip.

Regards

Car Custom People (CCP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Hey guys I searched for these on the forum, and couldn't find any information relating to them.

OK so we have all seen these key fobs that come with such cars as Skodas, i20s, Fiats, VWs etc.

The above image is for reference.

Well I've seen some people get such keys for cars like the swift and the santro.

Now my question is where in India can I get a blank flip key (Sidewinder key) with a transponder chip in it the same frequency as Hondas.

I'd like to get a couple of spare keys made like this, but they have to have the appropriate transponder in them.

Awaiting any and all replies, thanks.
CCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 14:05   #21
knp
BHPian

here's the email id of the GiES Store and they are not listed in ebay anymore. But, they can create the Paypal payment request and we can pay through paypal. I had placed few orders with them directly and they got delivered within a week.
GiES [gies.auto@gmail.com]
Old 26th May 2010, 14:09   #22
BHPian

^^ thanks knp!! I will send them a snap of my current remote and figure out if I get any model to fit my remote..
Old 26th May 2010, 14:51   #23
knp
BHPian

^^sure, u will definitely get from them as they manufacture them. even if they don't have one, they take all the measurements from you and make one. I had to do this for my Xenos bike keys, which are oval in shape and four buttons.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:22   #24
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
Even for the oval keys, I remember GiES had some models, but now they are de-listed in ebay.com. I will try to send out a mail to the GiES as they are directly selling now. These GiES are the OEM suppliers for KIA and Hyundai in europe.

You can send out a mail with the pictures of your existing key and they would advice the model. All the models cost the same price.
Thanks for the mail id, me too initiated communication with them.
~~h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 16:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
^^sure, u will definitely get from them as they manufacture them. even if they don't have one, they take all the measurements from you and make one. I had to do this for my Xenos bike keys, which are oval in shape and four buttons.
that's amazing!! How much did they charge you for the custom key shell? I am planning to send an email tonight.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Doc,

I am sorry but I didn't get what you are trying to say. You got the picture right though. This is what my key an remote looks like. This is an after market Xenos Security system but I cant find a casing that matches the one like that of the Xenos remote. What am I to do in this case?
Does your car have i-CATS? If so then there is a chip inside your Key itself. My point was that you can easily change the remote casing to the flip key by transplanting the board inside the oval remote, but you will need to remove the i-CATS chip from your original key and solder it onto the board of your oval remote.

If your car has i-CATS then the chip is located in the rubber/plastic part with the Suzuki logo (Where you hold the key).

Then again it's only IF! If there is no i-CATS etc it's very straight forward.

Hope that helps.
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 17:28   #27
BHPian

so doc you seriously looking for the Flip key?
had it on my lancer so let me know.
i think it was for about 3k with the alarm et al.
wildchild4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 18:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Does your car have i-CATS? If so then there is a chip inside your Key itself. My point was that you can easily change the remote casing to the flip key by transplanting the board inside the oval remote, but you will need to remove the i-CATS chip from your original key and solder it onto the board of your oval remote.

If your car has i-CATS then the chip is located in the rubber/plastic part with the Suzuki logo (Where you hold the key).

Then again it's only IF! If there is no i-CATS etc it's very straight forward.

Hope that helps.
Hi Doc,

I guess I got it now. My car is a 2005 Swift so I do not have iCATS so it is just a simple key on a ker ring of an aftermarket Xenos Central Locking remote. I have however not seen any design that matches the oval remote of the Xenos system. I will still write to GIES and find out if they can help.

I also just called up Mr. Pulin Ashar of the Ashar Key Hub at Dadar, Mumbai and was told that the flip keys for Suzuki models are not yet available and should arrive in a month or so. He also told me that since my car is not equiped with i-CATS and just an aftermarket security system, he would need to deactivate the security system and reprogram it. The entire process of recoding/reprogramming the security system along with the flip key would cot me 5k!!! I think this is a bit on the higher side.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 18:27   #29
BHPian

LOL Girish. You have actually managed to mention the i20 here and all the jazz that was going in your mind when we met on Sunday. I hope you get through this and manage to find somebody who can help you go key flipping. I am game for your plans for this weekend to get this flip thingy sorted. Lets hope for the best.
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 23:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
You have actually managed to mention the i20 here and all the jazz that was going in your mind when we met on Sunday. I hope you get through this and manage to find somebody who can help you go key flipping. I am game for your plans for this weekend to get this flip thingy sorted. Lets hope for the best.
Dude Nikki you know me and how I get when I really crave something. Not that these flippy keys are all that, but hey I want one for the cool factor and the fact that the key is hidden when not in use. Will be a lot nicer in the pocket when it's just a fob while closed.

Cheers.

PS: I'm busy this weekend, so no meet, and don't use my name on the forum. Doc is fine
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote