Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th August 2014, 16:42   #316
BHPian

Default Re: Flippy Keys

Need to get my honda city keys to flippy keys. Attached is the picture. Can any of you guys help with a suitable contact in Mumbai for getting the job done ?
Attached Thumbnails
Flippy Keys-img2014071600061.jpg  

vorajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 13:12   #317
Senior - BHPian

I got the flippy key set through ebay, opened it to check and I am not able to fit it back. I am not a DIY person, but thought of trying my luck. I will be getting the dismantled key cut sometime during the week and then again try to fix it back on, hopefully everything falls into place.
dass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 18:16   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I got the flippy key set through ebay, opened it to check and I am not able to fit it back. I am not a DIY person, but thought of trying my luck. I will be getting the dismantled key cut sometime during the week and then again try to fix it back on, hopefully everything falls into place.
Something which I forgot to mention in my earlier post after I figured out how to put the key back appropriately. Once you place the spring into the key and the only remaining step is to place the top cover, ensure that you are turning the top cover "ANTI CLOCK" and then get it into position. This is important, else the key would not open up on its own on the press of the button.

I am sure this is already mentioned in this thread, but thought of sharing this piece, as this caused some heartburn for me
dass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 18:31   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Once you place the spring into the key and the only remaining step is to place the top cover, ensure that you are turning the top cover "ANTI CLOCK" and then get it into position.
Very good point highlighted. In fact, you must rotate the cover in the direction opposite to that of the Key turning when the button is pressed.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 09:41   #320
BHPian

Guys,
in case one has been looking for a silicone case for their FIAT Punto/Linea,
the item has been recently listed on eBay though our color options are limited to
Black & Red. I had been scouring various e-retail websites for long for this item
& was glad to have found it last night.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Arrival-S...item2349ecfd92
tabrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 11:58   #321

Default Converting your Simple Key to Flip Key

Hello BHPians, on my last tour to San Jose I had come across a shop in the 'Big Mall' where a guy was making flip keys from ordinary car keys.
Of course I was not carrying my own car keys so I couldn't get that done.
Recently, I started searching for someone alike in India, I came across this website where a young team was actually providing the same service (flipkeys.in).
I wrote in their 'contact us' page and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply the same day. I'm in the bent of mind to go for it but thought of checking with fellow BHPians first to see if anybody has already had experience of working with them.
Did not find a thread on this so started a new one.
Moderator: If I missed the relevant thread, please excuse and redirect to the correct thread.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th July 2015 at 12:09. Reason: Merged with the existing thread. Please do a search before creating new threads. Thanks!
abhoumick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 14:14   #322
BHPian

Default Re: Converting your Simple Key to Flip Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhoumick View Post
Hello BHPians, on my last tour to San Jose I had come across a shop in the 'Big Mall' where a guy was making flip keys from ordinary car keys.
Of course I was not carrying my own car keys so I couldn't get that done.
Recently, I started searching for someone alike in India, I came across this website where a young team was actually providing the same service (flipkeys.in).
I wrote in their 'contact us' page and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply the same day. I'm in the bent of mind to go for it but thought of checking with fellow BHPians first to see if anybody has already had experience of working with them.
Did not find a thread on this so started a new one.
Moderator: If I missed the relevant thread, please excuse and redirect to the correct thread.
Their website is certainly impressive and professionally done at par with even IT companies. having said that, I was wondering if it would be advisable to courier the keys from Bangalore? I know nothing can be done however there is a possibility off loosing the original key (with the remote) if things go wrong!
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 16:13   #323

I agree with you sumathindra, there is always the chance of losing the key on the forward or return journey. Hence I wanted to find a local store where I can walk in with the key & get the job done.
I found an address in this thread that is reasonably close to my residence.
I believe you'll certainly find a local store in Bangalore.
abhoumick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 13:56   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Folks in Bangalore who are interested in flip keys - I have found 2 key duplicators who have flip key blanks, I was interested in one for my Honda City and they had a flip key available for it. One vendor is Prakash Keys on Sampige Road in Malleshwaram and the other is Gupta Keys on Dr. Rajkumar Road.

Hi Uday - Would love to get this done for my car keys (which are old Accent and Swift) - Would they do everything to convert it into a flip key or just cut the blank keys in the fob ?

Cheers
csateesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 08:51   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hi Uday - Would love to get this done for my car keys (which are old Accent and Swift) - Would they do everything to convert it into a flip key or just cut the blank keys in the fob ?

Cheers
Hi Sateesh, Yes they do have the key fob as well, but the Gupta Keys guy got negative feedback from one other member who went to him.
I also note that most key duplicators now also have blank key fobs, so try your luck at any place close to you.
uday.ere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 23:29   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Anything for Tata Safari's Minda Keys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi Guys,

any one knows where can i get the flip keys for my safari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Yes you can enable the remote lock buttons in the flip key. Mine also has a fully functional key with lock unlock buttons working.
I got it done from Harison Keys, Panchkula via courier.Took 3 working days.
check out duplicatekeys.in for more info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepu9999 View Post
Your solution is at Harison Keys @ a cost of approx 1800/- INR

Their Website: Flip Keys for Cars in India | Honda, Skoda, Toyota, Maruti Suzuki, VolksWagen, Hyundai, TATA, Skoda, Ford
Looking to get this done on my Safari Keys. Has anyone converted this type of remote?
Attached Thumbnails
Flippy Keys-img_20160117_163610.jpg  

pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 13:25   #327
BHPian

Hi Guys,
What option do we have for ciaz vdiplus? has anyone tried converting the key to flippy key of a ciaz?
gargashwin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 01:19   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi Guys,
What option do we have for ciaz vdiplus? has anyone tried converting the key to flippy key of a ciaz?
Put a picture of Ciaz's key. If it is similar to that of swift, then it is a simple plug and play kind of conversion to flippy key.
Grr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 11:03   #329
BHPian

I also need to get my Manza keys converted to flippy keys. The normal keys are scratching my mobile phone when kept together in my pocket.

Any idea where the OEM keys can be converted to flippy keys - here in Kolkata ? I am a bit reluctant to courier my original keys elsewhere. Rather prefer to get it done in front of my eyes.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 12:03   #330
BHPian

What about flippy key conversion for new (current) Honda Jazz and who can convert in Pune? Thanks
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote