Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2016, 21:51   #331
BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 716
Thanked: 408 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Got mine done for the Ertiga last week, looks great and works like a charm, I couriered my spare key to the person in Delhi and he sent it back in 2 days. So far so good. Some pics attached.
Can you PM me the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Looking to get this done on my Safari Keys. Has anyone converted this type of remote?
Well I tried to get a Flippy Key for this Minda Remote of my Safari in Delhi but none was available. Is is possible to change only the remote unit without changing the entire remote locking unit? That way I can select a remote which is easy ton convert to Flippy.

My second query is regarding my wife's Celerio (The one in the official review). Currently it does not have remote locking. I'm planning to fit one. Please suggest a model with a remote that's easy to convert to Flippy.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 22:09   #332
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 98
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Dear Pedro, AFAIK you cannot convert the seperate remote into a flippy key, as the circuit of a remote is different which will not fit in the the shell of a flippy key. Also the layout of the buttons for locking and unlocking varies and the shell button will be rendered useless. You can use the blade of your current key. Hope this helps.
Akib Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 22:15   #333
BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 716
Thanked: 408 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Dear Pedro, AFAIK you cannot convert the seperate remote into a flippy key, as the circuit of a remote is different which will not fit in the the shell of a flippy key. Also the layout of the buttons for locking and unlocking varies and the shell button will be rendered useless. You can use the blade of your current key. Hope this helps.
My query is regarding the conversions many people have already done. Many also had to struggle to find a Flippy key shell to fit the internals of their original remotes. Since I don't have remote locking and plan to fit one I have a choice and I want one with a remote that can easily converted to a Flippy Key.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 18:30   #334
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 106
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

To all those people who might be planning to get Flippy keys for their Suzuki cars, please make sure that the original keys have the engine immobilizer module separate to the actual remote. I recently purchased the flip key for my car online and later had to go through a disappointment when the key maker (after making the duplicate key) said that the key and the sensor are in opposite direction and the car would not start. About 1200 rupees gone down the drain I would assume.
farooq817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 20:17   #335
BHPian
 
Grr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 186
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
To all those people who might be planning to get Flippy keys for their Suzuki cars, please make sure that the original keys have the engine immobilizer module separate to the actual remote. I recently purchased the flip key for my car online and later had to go through a disappointment when the key maker (after making the duplicate key) said that the key and the sensor are in opposite direction and the car would not start. About 1200 rupees gone down the drain I would assume.
Which suzuki model do you have Farooq?
As far as I know, there is/was no such problem so far.
Grr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 20:45   #336
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 106
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Which suzuki model do you have Farooq?
As far as I know, there is/was no such problem so far.
I tried it for the new Baleno. The problem was that the immobilizer is not separate as with the earlier models. It is actually a part of the entire remote itself.
farooq817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:03   #337
BHPian
 
NowNew7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: KA 53 / UP 32
Posts: 42
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Has anyone tried http://flipkeys.in/? Saw an ad for them on FB and got intrigued. I have been trying to get an additional remote for my 2009 i10 and wanted to understand if it was safe to follow the process of sending the key and getting back the product here...
NowNew7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:13   #338
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,882
Thanked: 9,058 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Has anyone tried http://flipkeys.in/?
They are reliable. Many friends recently ordered flipkey shells from here. They are ebay sellers as well.

Go ahead and place your order.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 22:03   #339
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 12
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

I have a question - My i20 key fob is in good condition but the blade is broken. So, instead of transferring everything (sensor, circuit, battery) to the new fob, wouldn't it be better if I just get the blade (from the new fob) cut according to the old key and replace the broken blade with the new one?
SilverMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 23:36   #340
BHPian
 
Jag4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 127
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Has anyone tried http://flipkeys.in/? Saw an ad for them on FB and got intrigued. I have been trying to get an additional remote for my 2009 i10 and wanted to understand if it was safe to follow the process of sending the key and getting back the product here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
I have a question - My i20 key fob is in good condition but the blade is broken. So, instead of transferring everything (sensor, circuit, battery) to the new fob, wouldn't it be better if I just get the blade (from the new fob) cut according to the old key and replace the broken blade with the new one?
Hello !

You can just get a key blade for 200-300 rs instead of getting a new key fob.
Try Flipkeys.in, I have used their services twice would rate 4/5 stars. Deducting 1 because of their busy attitude. The products were good quality in both cases, working fine.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 11:28   #341
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 12
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Happy to report that the surgery ended successfully. But it was not easy, at all. My original plan to just replace the old blade with the new didn't work due to minor differences in the size of the new blade. I tried to use as much strength as possible to get the blade to fit, but it just wouldn't. Finally I gave up and went to sleep. Woke up @ 5.30 (yes that's a.m.) this morning, had a huge mug of coffee and started doing what I had initially avoided - breaking off the old key and removing the transponder. Took me about an hour due to the cover on the chip and the kind of finesse required (to avoid damage to the chip, hence calling it a surgery ).

'The' youtube video was very helpful and I don't think I could've done it without that. I've attached an image of the original transponder casing. The area inside the orange oval is the casing which gave me a lot of trouble but some innovative thinking ('jugaad' in indian lingo) helped in removing it so that I could get to the treasure inside. Once that was done, assembling everything into the new shell was a walk in the park. Assembly done, buttons tested and finally, checking if the car starts. And what do you know, it does! So a big 'thank you' to all you DIY guys and an even bigger 'thank you' to parag for his detailed write up.
Attached Thumbnails
Flippy Keys-transponder-cover.jpg  

SilverMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 09:09   #342
Senior - BHPian
 
Mr.Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,886
Thanked: 2,317 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Ordered this VW replica flip key remote lock system long back for my Baleno. Poor China post delayed the delivery for more than 6 months. In the mean time for another flip key from Amazon and it's working like a charm in my Baleno. Recently the subject part arrived and I thought of selling it. My friend wanted a similar one for his Chevy spark and this weekend well spent with DIY.

Flip key came with VW blank
Flippy Keys-1.jpg

Flippy Keys-2.jpg

We could have ordered Chevy key blank from eBay, but wanted to try DIY way. Got a duplicate key cut and removed the plastic head by heating.
Flippy Keys-3.jpg

Length & Width difference
Flippy Keys-4.jpg

Length corrected
Flippy Keys-5.jpg

Tools used
Flippy Keys-6.jpg

Fixing slot made
Flippy Keys-7.jpg

Key fob removed
Flippy Keys-8.jpg

And the final Outcome
Flippy Keys-9.jpg

One & only picture of wiring. Since I was all alone doing this activity, I couldn't click more snaps.
Flippy Keys-10.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 11:25   #343
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 178
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

One & only picture of wiring. Since I was all alone doing this activity, I couldn't click more snaps.
Attachment 1500408
Why did you have to work on the wiring to get the flippy key working?
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 11:34   #344
Senior - BHPian
 
Mr.Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,886
Thanked: 2,317 Times
Default Re: Flippy Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Why did you have to work on the wiring to get the flippy key working?
Car had only center lock system (no remote lock) earlier. Entire remote lock module is installed now.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 07:35   #345
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
I tried it for the new Baleno. The problem was that the immobilizer is not separate as with the earlier models. It is actually a part of the entire remote itself.

I had the same problem as you mentioned with baleno keys.

The transponder on the new suzuki models is soldered to the remote. Everything fits but the distance between the transponder and ignition sensor increases after this upgrade and hence the car doesn't start.

So I now have a unusable flippy key and had also got the key cut. Thankfully the damage wasn't too much as I ordered the key shell from China.

Flipkeys are local to me, so i spoke to their technicians and they said there is no way or converting these keys to Flipkeys currently.

Anyone needing a key shell for old suzuki remotes are welcome to contact me if you need this key shell.
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stylish Flippy Keys, Locksmith & Keyfob Repairs - Hitesh Mehta (Ghaziabad) Ace F355 Delhi NCR 14 22nd December 2016 16:53
DIY: Flippy Key paragsachania DIY - Do it yourself 59 23rd February 2016 10:52
Original remote's chipboard doesn't fit in flippy key shell. Now what? Soumyajit9 Technical Stuff 6 16th March 2015 14:48
Duplicate Keys z klasse Shifting gears 1 2nd April 2006 14:04
Locked the keys in the car bruce Technical Stuff 40 24th October 2005 01:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks