Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st October 2015, 13:05   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Same here Aditya. I have gone back to using normal water as well. May be it's a case of "squeaky clean" as dumdum mentioned .
Just to add, I had this noise coming only from the front wipers. I used the liquid for the rear one too, but didn't observe this noise with that. Probably the quality of wiper blades/pressure on glass matters.
Yes, the noise is coming only from the front wipers. Can i please know what wipers are you using. Mine are OEM from fiat. Many people are extremely happy with this product and there are no squeaking noises with their usage.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 13:40   #122
BHPian

Default Re: Best Windshield Washer Fluid?

Read somewhere that acetone will clean glass, where others have failed. Mainly because of the kind of dirt it dissolves vs the regular ammonia based cleaner. Acetone may strip paint though.
mvadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 23:43   #123
Senior - BHPian

Default Proklear windshield washer fluid

Was using sonax windshield wash concentrate till now. So this time I thought I would try the proklear one. This product is good and cleans as well as sonax. One more good property is this does not create a lot of soap froth and residue which was an issue with sonax. Not to mention it's cheaper than sonax. Will continue using this product. Happy with it
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 09:55   #124
BHPian

http://autokart.buildabazaar.com/car...01-87348207229

Happened upon this portal that is retailing Sonax clear view concentrate for about a 100 bucks lesser than flipkart / amazon
Apart from that, the description claims product suitability for purposes other than windshield washing.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Windshield Washer Fluid?-screen-shot-20151026-9.20.29-am.png  

famousshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 11:20   #125
BHPian

There is a washer liquid from Wurth available at DRM Car Care in Bombay. I haven't used it till date but intend to very soon. Will update with the quality. But since it's Wurth, safe to assume, it'll be OK.
polo_ankit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 17:03   #126
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Proklear windshield washer fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Was using sonax windshield wash concentrate till now. So this time I thought I would try the proklear one. This product is good and cleans as well as sonax. One more good property is this does not create a lot of soap froth and residue which was an issue with sonax. Not to mention it's cheaper than sonax. Will continue using this product. Happy with it
+1. Excellent Stuff.

I have 4L x 2 pre-mixed bottles at home with Proklear WWC diluted with fresh river tap water (no minerals). Makes it easy to just put in a funnel and pour it in

Best Windshield Washer Fluid?-img_20151026_155309001.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 21:32   #127
BHPian

Few months back, I was reading few of servicing experiences shared by fellow BHPians. Some of them had specifically mentioned that they were strictly against the Windshield Washer Fluids.

But on the contrary, this thread features most of members using it. Why so discrepancy?

Edit:
Links: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3429434 (Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review)
I am trying to find out more.

Last edited by HalfOctave : 9th June 2016 at 21:36.
HalfOctave is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 22:18   #128
Senior - BHPian

I personally too haven't tried any windshield liquid in any of cars, But i think ill give one of the washer liquid a shot, Will order one soon and post my experience here.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 22:49   #129
BHPian

I have been using washer concentrates from Ford for past 10 years. One pouch mixed with water is good for one tank full of washer fluid. Cost about Rs. 75/- per pouch. It's very good at cleaning.
PratikPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 09:58   #130
Senior - BHPian

I was suggested to use diluted Colin glass cleaner in the wind screen washer tank. Tried it and results were similar to that of good washer fluids.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 10:44   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
I started using the PROKLEAR™ WWC Windshield Wash Additive Concentrate ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Even i am using the Proklear windshield wash additive and facing the same squeaking problem ....
The wipers of my less than 3 months old XUV500 have started squeaking as well. I have a couple of windshield wash additive pouches from Maruti, and am using those. So I guess, it has nothing to do with Proklear. As per instructions, I use one pouch per one litre of water, maybe I will dilute a bit more and see.

Actually my wipers squeak even when I do not use the windshield water additive. Its been raining in Bangalore for the past few days, and I can hear the irritating squeak whenever my wipers go past the windshield
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 01:16   #132
BHPian

Wanted to buy Proklear WWC from Amazon. Here is what a review says
Is this possible?

There are so many people using such and similar products - can car paint get damaged even if such liquids are used as diluted as possible? (especially rear hatch)
Attached Thumbnails
Best Windshield Washer Fluid?-windscreen-washer-fluid.jpg  

gearedup is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 11:35   #133
BHPian

Was just browsing through amazon and found this;

http://www.amazon.in/Rain-X-RX11806D...=sr_1_5&sr=8-5

One bottle will suffice for 15 liters of washing fluid so while a bit expensive is worth the results.
PratikPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 12:55   #134
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

This is for the reservoir capacity of the Cruze. 50ml of Lime Teepol mixed with 1 teaspoon of synthetic vinegar poured into the reservoir and then filled with water to the brim. The end result in four swipes is a thoroughly clean glass bereft of the diesel oil film too which causes haze in night driving. I have been using this concoction in various cars for the past 26 years. At one time this Teepol was only available in the Armed forces Canteen but now its available in super markets.

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Teep...iew-msqnqlqnrm
This negative review and rant is the best accolade that the company can ever get. The writer does not know that Teepol is meant to be completely gentle on the hands and hence is not as corrosive or effective as Vim dishwasher concentrate. It is extremely mild on paint too which is one of the prerequisites of a wind shield washer.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote