Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: I have used their services and I think they are
Very good 55 53.92%
Average 22 21.57%
Not good 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd December 2010, 19:07   #31
BHPian

Upgraded to Hella 100/900 from Evo. Changed the wiper blades too. Job done quickly. Reasonable rates. I felt they were professionals. Go early to get your work done fast.
AstonMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 12:44   #32
BHPian

Default Re: ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)

I had been to EVO this past Friday to get a friends New Accent ICEd and get Seat Covers done.

Let me start by saying that this friend of mine is a Skeptical in every thing and has like a million questions and doubts before making any decision. Good guy though... (Hope he is not reading this, lol)

Anyway, he bought his new Accent for the value for money Sedan that it is (no intentions of sparking a debate here) last week. He asked me for advise on ICE and other basic important accessories for it (I've become a resident car experts of sorts for my friends after spending hours on team-bhp ). The only name that I suggested was Satya's solely because I have dealt with him in the past. I am not saying that he is the Best Audio installer or deals only in high-end equipment etc... All I'm saying is that, Satya knows what he's talking about it comes to ICE and a whole lot of other Car Mods etc.

This pal of mine was on a lil bit of a budget and didn't wanna splurge too much since he doesn't have a very Musically tuned Ear! Satya listened to his requirements, understood the kind of music he listens too, he even went on to evaluate the Music he had in his Old car to understand his needs. He then came-up with 3 Options for ICE setup with different Equipment in different Price Ranges.

We also selected a Seat Cover design in ELITE Leather (PU) with some modifications to what he had done in earlier cars. Since he promised to get almost any pattern made, we had the liberty to get a lil creative there.

As confused as my buddy was, we took more than 2.5 hours just talking and deciding things, while Satya also attended to other customers (not making them feel any lack of attention), since it was Weekend Rush at EVO.

We finally decided to get a Pioneer 5250 HU, Rockford Fosgate Components and Rockford Fosgate 6x9 installed. The seat covers were also ordered and fitment promised on Tuesday.

After this I left the place (had left my better half home on a Saturday) and by friend was joined a couple of his colleagues.

On checking, I find the final price paid for the ICE and Seat Covers was 23500/-. Installation was clean and my Skeptic buddy had nothing but praises for the ICE setup. In his words, the ICE had exceeded his expectations in terms of the Sound Clarity (not used to Components, let alone Rockford). He was now hearing sounds that didn't exist from the same MP3/CD files that he used in his old car.

The seat covers are also fitted now, and in his words again 'Yyaahhooom hai yaar'.

Will I recommend EVO? Oh Yeah! Will I go to Satya for Car Accessories? Hell Yeah!

P.S: Sorry for a Long Post but, In a city where local language is still a Tongue-twister its not easy to find a place worth your hard earned money. That's what's satisfying after dealing with Satya!
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 13:14   #33
BHPian

been to EVO a couple of times now, first it was my bro (scorpio_fan) ICEing his scorpio fro Evo in December 2010

After my boss was looking for ICEing his innova and I kind of suggested Satya and we went there. My boss had a peculliar requirement and need for customisation in his innova and I was also a bit sceptical about making that happen but still wanted to check with Satya @ EVO first. We went there and Evo gave some 6 options for his requirements.

The option my boss went with was:
Kenwood 5343U DVD Player
Autocop Keyless Entry Central lock with fitting
Circuit I 11" Roof Mount Monitor with USB
Diamond Audio D1 6.5" component Speakers
Diamond Audio D1 6.5" coaxial Speakers
Arc Audio XXD 4 channel amplifier
Arc Audio Underseat 6" amplifier Subwoofer
Overall Wiring for Amp + Speakers + Sub

Finally we finished the installation in my boss' Innova last wek Friday @ EVO

A best experience so far

Many thanks Satya - keep up the good work and cheers!

Last edited by narayanang76 : 18th January 2011 at 13:16. Reason: font edit
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 14:31   #34
BHPian

I got my Swift ICE'ed up @ EVO back in 2009. I was very happy with the set-up and the work executed. Satya always suggests options regarding the set-up based on our requirements.

Since then I have recommended two of my friends to Satya both of them have positive words for Satya.

I do not know if he is the best but I do know that people can expect positive experience at EVO.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 16:46   #35
BHPian

My Bolero was ICEd from a different place and I was not at all happy with the way it sounded from the beginning. I had spend quite sometime on the ICE section over here before finally taking the plunge and for sure I had got a good deal. But, something was wrong somewhere. The fader wouldn't work and rear ovals were taking away all the juice from the amp.

Today I went to Satya and got it sorted out. He re-wired the setup and tuned it up. I am very happy with the outcome. The system sounds totally different.

I guess, if you really love your music and pretty serious about it, then one shouldn't only look at the cost part. Quality of work and installation plays such an important role as I learned.

Would highly recommend Evo.

Last edited by jeeva : 25th January 2011 at 16:48.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 21:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Why dont we have EXCELLENT option in voting section.

I have been a LONG DISTANCE customer of EVO & Satya has always gone extra mile to make sure that I get the best of his service.

Satya... you rock man!!

Raab Rakha.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 11:45   #37
BHPian

Had been to EVO yesterday. Met Satya and got his inputs on what would be the best upgrade over the existing setup. Wanted to put components in the front and maybe an amp+sub later. He gave me three options, out of which I selected the cerwin-vega speakers. The install was done very professionally and I met another bhpian (chet) who was there to upgrade his stock setup on his vento. Satya did the tuning and now the whole thing sounds as it should have been. Earlier, I could not hear anything coming from the front (stock speakers are to be blamed). Now, the sound is balanced between the front and the rear. Thanks a lot to Satya for helping me get the right components. An amp+sub is planned for the future. Maybe after the income tax months are over, I will visit Satya once again.
praz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 22:51   #38
BHPian

Am planning to get sunfilm and horn upgrade done by him for my Jazz. Getting 3M RE35 or RE50. Would you guys recommend going to him for that?
crisscross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:56   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Am planning to get sunfilm and horn upgrade done by him for my Jazz. Getting 3M RE35 or RE50. Would you guys recommend going to him for that?

I got my Horn upgrade done there! I think the brand i opted was Stebel, He just took 15 minutes to install it! I would recommend him any day!

Cheers!
-Z
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:04   #40
BHPian

hey , do these guys deals in LENSO n KONIG alloy also ?? If not then who deals in them in Bangalore??
ankit_chd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 20:57   #41
BANNED

Hi,

Last friday i was there with my punto to replace the power cables, shifting of amps from under seats to trunk & front door Dampening. but not at all happy with the things happened in shop, next day i called sathya & told the wrong things done by his boy[photo already sent to him]

Sathya: You know the things well with good knowledge of products, we come to you with expectation of proffessional touch to our ICE setup, but i am sorry to say that, you are wholly depend on your bad boys who will screw our systems & also reputation you gained all these years.

Sample of unproffesional work
Attached Thumbnails
ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)-10072011116.jpg  

ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)-10072011119.jpg  

ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)-10072011117.jpg  

subbarao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 00:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

The wiring which are running under the dashboard are tend to fall down,that's because lack of mounting area's,also it is attached when the headunit is out of the locking chassis these wires are tight,when u push the HU and lock it,the wires get loose.

Many of the cars don't have a clip support or slot to lock it.Before posting you could have consulted to satya on the first place for the issues,i am sure he would had responded and provided you the services.Nobody is perfect its just some are better than the average.

Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 22:42   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
The wiring which are running under the dashboard are tend to fall down,that's because lack of mounting area's,also it is attached when the headunit is out of the locking chassis these wires are tight,when u push the HU and lock it,the wires get loose.

Many of the cars don't have a clip support or slot to lock it.Before posting you could have consulted to satya on the first place for the issues,i am sure he would had responded and provided you the services.Nobody is perfect its just some are better than the average.

Ramie
Dear Ramie,

There is an way to upkeep the hanging wires, method should be adopted by proffessionals, expecting that only we visit the shops like EVO & also we pay for the job.

After finding wrong wiring of his boy i called him & told every thing to him & also sent the other photo's which i have not posted here.

This will be my last answer/reply in this thread, i don't want to continue discussions on some one's wrong doings.

Subbarao
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 23:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Got a headunit and components installed on my car and also changed the position of the rear speakers from EVO. Overall the experience was satisfactory.
I am no expert on ICE installs, but after listening to the setup in my car based on Satya's suggestions i'm very happy with the way it sounds.
The installation was done professionally and his boys were fast too.
The only reason for giving a satisfactory rating is because i had left my rear speakers with Satya and told him i'd return in the evening for the installation and when i reached i saw the shop was closed. A call from him would have saved me an hour's drive in the mad peak-hour traffic.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 18:43   #45
BHPian

Satya, do you also do damping? If yes, what options do you keep in terms of brand of damping material?
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote