Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2014, 12:41   #286
BHPian
 
carzealot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 42
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Hi! All, can anyone please help with contact information of some good place for installation of Hella Lamps. A pair of 700FF & Black Magic. These will be installed on the roof of my Duster and I am worried about the load carrying capacity of the relays and wire provided with the lamps. Do you guys suggest an upgrade of wires and relay? Are the stock bulbs provided with hella good to go or needs upgrade. I already have P8 HID's in the headlamps (to be considered for suggestions).
carzealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 11:42   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Saw this thread now .I had been using Hella Micro DE fog lamps in my Zen since 2001 .These fog lamps were so good that I had ince driven from madikeri to Mangalore using only these as my headlights conked off when I hit a pothole in the ghats !

These worked fine till about 2007 when I like an idiot went and fixed 100 W bulbs in these superb fog lamps .The projector glass just cracked under the heat of the 100 W bulbs and slowly with time ,the reflectors also became useless .

I shall be buying a new pair of the Micro DE lamps very soon .

I would always prefer round fog lamps to a rectangular one .
How much are the Micro DE fog lights? Are they comparable to the 700FF?
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 11:53   #288
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How much are the Micro DE fog lights? Are they comparable to the 700FF?
Micro DE's are for around 5-6K for a pair.
Got 500 FF,Hella 3003's and Hella 50FF.
I find Hella 50FF's to be the best,when it comes to spread and throw.
They are small but powerful
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 12:07   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Micro DE's are for around 5-6K for a pair.
Got 500 FF,Hella 3003's and Hella 50FF.
I find Hella 50FF's to be the best,when it comes to spread and throw.
They are small but powerful
50FF? I couldn't find it anywhere on their site: http://www.shop4hella.com/listProduc...tId=1&CatgId=1

They look sweet! http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...0-series/ff50/

Could you tell me what they cost you? These will fit brilliantly in that small space I have. Do you have them in blue or white? What do you recommend?

Could you also post pictures of their light throw? Right now, they're competing with the 700FF which seem to be flavor of most people here. But if these are better and smaller, they are a no brainer! A nice top quality lock nut and we're done!

Last edited by Red Liner : 20th May 2014 at 12:09.
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 12:18   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
50FF? I couldn't find it anywhere on their site: http://www.shop4hella.com/listProduc...tId=1&CatgId=1

They look sweet! http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...0-series/ff50/

Could you tell me what they cost you? These will fit brilliantly in that small space I have. Do you have them in blue or white? What do you recommend?

Could you also post pictures of their light throw? Right now, they're competing with the 700FF which seem to be flavor of most people here. But if these are better and smaller, they are a no brainer! A nice top quality lock nut and we're done!
I have the Blue one's.
The local Hella Distributor in Delhi,told that only blue one's are imported to India.I need to check if i have any pictures of their light throw,if not will put them up later in the evening.But one of them is out of focus.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 12:22   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I have the Blue one's.
The local Hella Distributor in Delhi,told that only blue one's are imported to India.I need to check if i have any pictures of their light throw,if not will put them up later in the evening.But one of them is out of focus.
Since you're at it, focus them lights and post pictures. Consider this a good deed from my side

How much did they cost you?

Jokes aside, kind of you to take snaps for me and post them here. Looking forward to it. Looks like my week-end is kinda set.
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 12:42   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Since you're at it, focus them lights and post pictures. Consider this a good deed from my side

How much did they cost you?

Jokes aside, kind of you to take snaps for me and post them here. Looking forward to it. Looks like my week-end is kinda set.
Tried to focus but didn't work.
Since i have mounted them in a custom slot in the bumper,the frame that holds is bent,so will have to remove the bumper and get them focused again.
I paid around 7500 for a pair.In case you do not find them in local market.
Purchase them from the link below.

http://www.shownshine.co.in/
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 13:28   #293
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Tried to focus but didn't work.
Since i have mounted them in a custom slot in the bumper,the frame that holds is bent,so will have to remove the bumper and get them focused again.
I paid around 7500 for a pair.In case you do not find them in local market.
Purchase them from the link below.

http://www.shownshine.co.in/
Also, you rate these the best in your collection so far? Have you used only these in tough night driving situations and have you been happy with the investment? If I ask you to get rid of the other aux lamps and only retain these, would they serve night highway driving purposes for you?

Is the throw and spread exceptional? I did see Hella's charts and they do look mighty impressive. The throw is better than the 700FF according to them. Spread on the other hand seems to be more linear and not blathered around like butter like the 700FF seems to indicate.
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 13:52   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Also, you rate these the best in your collection so far? Have you used only these in tough night driving situations and have you been happy with the investment? If I ask you to get rid of the other aux lamps and only retain these, would they serve night highway driving purposes for you?

Is the throw and spread exceptional? I did see Hella's charts and they do look mighty impressive. The throw is better than the 700FF according to them. Spread on the other hand seems to be more linear and not blathered around like butter like the 700FF seems to indicate.
These are indeed better than 500FF's,and 700FF's as well.
The throw is excellent,and the beam is not wide,more linear,as you said.
To get the best out of them,you will have to mount them a bit low.
In the thar,they sit a bit higher,so the beam dispersal is a bit more,than if mounted closer to road.

I have Hella 3003 and 50FF in the thar.
When i switched them on for the first time at home,family was like,the bigger round one's are weaker than those small lights.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 14:24   #295
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
These are indeed better than 500FF's,and 700FF's as well.
The throw is excellent,and the beam is not wide,more linear,as you said.
To get the best out of them,you will have to mount them a bit low.
In the thar,they sit a bit higher,so the beam dispersal is a bit more,than if mounted closer to road.

I have Hella 3003 and 50FF in the thar.
When i switched them on for the first time at home,family was like,the bigger round one's are weaker than those small lights.
Great, that seals it. Am getting the 50FF. Will still wait for your pictures this evening and get suitably wow'ed

Now to find these things in Bangalore.
Red Liner is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 14:56   #296
BHPian
 
sabsubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Now to find these things in Bangalore.
Please let me know if you find set of 50FF in Bangalore. I am also looking to buy one. Initially I thought of getting 700FF but after reading the posts above, I am tilted towards 50FF. Thanks.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 15:09   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Please let me know if you find set of 50FF in Bangalore. I am also looking to buy one. Initially I thought of getting 700FF but after reading the posts above, I am tilted towards 50FF. Thanks.
PM me your number. If we do a deal together - I'll try and get a bigger discount for both of us.

I'm going to have them fitted on this week-end. Does that work for you? We can get it done together
Red Liner is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 15:15   #298
BHPian
 
sabsubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
PM me your number. If we do a deal together - I'll try and get a bigger discount for both of us.

I'm going to have them fitted on this week-end. Does that work for you? We can get it done together
Yeah that will be fine for me. Even I want to get this done over the weekend. I have sent my phone number. Please check your PM.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 17:44   #299
Senior - BHPian
 
speedsatya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bangalore/manga
Posts: 3,161
Thanked: 706 Times
Default Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Micro DE's are for around 5-6K for a pair.
Got 500 FF,Hella 3003's and Hella 50FF.
I find Hella 50FF's to be the best,when it comes to spread and throw.
They are small but powerful

I had paid 11K INR in 2001. I might have paid more as I also had to pay customs duty for this .

Like I have mentioned earlier , these fog lamps with 55W bulbs were superb . I would say better than most 2 wheeler headlights at that time ..I have driven entire ghat stretches with only these lamps .

Not sure of the other ones .
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 22:03   #300
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default

I have been told that the ff50 provide a throw off 70 meters. Is that good enough? I could not get the numbers for 700ff. The 3003 extreme series are rated for an insane...hold your breath 190 meters! They also cost a cool 11k!
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Fixing the Hella Red Grill Horns abhipuru16 DIY - Do it yourself 5 30th April 2017 20:13
HELLA dealer / availability in India gbpscars Modifications & Accessories 35 1st March 2017 09:12
Hella develops LED HeadLamps Stratos Technical Stuff 19 31st October 2010 18:43
Bangalore Kanyakumari Rameshwaram Trichy Bangalore - One Hella Trip !!!!! lancersfx Travelogues 21 5th July 2010 14:01
Hella Auxillary Xenon Lamps Ajay Narayan Modifications & Accessories 7 9th June 2010 20:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks